Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cx-919ii, Bluetimes BT919, GM282, DM 918 etc. updatable to Kit Kat 4.4.x without bricking the device!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your device has model: CYX_809III V5_2 20141105 RTL8723BS, see here for my new ROM for REAL 1080p:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...9iii-rtl8723bs
    Last edited by hwdsl2; 05-16-2015, 14:52.

Comment

I'm experiencing that when I plug the device into a PC it *never* shows up. I've tried 2 different cables and 2 PCs. I'm able to get it to boot into the bootloader, but Windows doesn't even recognize that a device is attached (hence, there is nothing to install the drivers to). Anyone have any ideas?

When it's in the normal OS, it doesn't show up either... whether I select MTP or Mass Storage...

Comment

Hi ManiacDC ,

why dont you download a RK3188 Driver Package somewhere here or Google and install it , after that try again.

Maybe u need USBDeview to uninstall all the old USB Entries and try again.Run as Admin .... for Uninstall.

What kind of Windows ??? ..... / 7 is the best for this.

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Thanks! Turns out I had a combination of issues:
          1. My main PC was having an issues detecting android USB devices. Sometimes it does that and I have to restart.
          2. Before I discovered #1, I had tried both microusb ports on my device (one is 5v charging, one is OTG). Neither worked.
          3. When I tried the device in another PC AND on my main PC after restarting, I used the 5v port and forgot to try the OTG port, I think.

I have Win 10 at home. I tried it today on a Win7 PC at work using the OTG port and everything is working fine! I just flashed... we'll see how it turned out. Thanks!

Comment

Hi ManiacDC ,

nice to hear

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Seem to work! I had flashed the RK3188 bios, but the wifi wasn't working, so I flashed the other one and the wifi is working now. Thanks

Comment

I'm getting crashing playing videos, with both the _t and non _t versions of the HD bios. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Hi ManiacDC ,

RK3188 or others have no BIOS , do you mean the "recovery.img" or another "kernel.img" or Firmware ???

For 1080p on this Devices you need a "1080p" kernel like hwdsl2 on Post#61 uploaded , but you need the

same Device.

Maybe it is better to look for a newer Device , if possible , like the new RK3399 or S912 Devices.

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Sorry, I meant firmware, I guess. From the first post. #61 is not for my device.

I'm thinking I'll probably need a new device...

Comment

Working...
                    X