Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cx-919ii, Bluetimes BT919, GM282, DM 918 etc. updatable to Kit Kat 4.4.x without bricking the device!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before flashing a rom u have to always Lowerformat or could put ur stick into maskmode and then try to flash again maybe it works then. gl
    Last edited by Max One; 04-24-2014, 09:45.
    cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
      Before flashing a rom u have to always Lowerformat or could put ur stick into maskmode and then try to flash again maybe it works then. gl
      Unfortunately did both! Switched to maskmode by shortening pin 7&8 (or was it 6&7, forgot ) and pressed LowerFormat before pressing Run.

Comment

Hi everyone! This ROM practically solved the resolution issue for me. However, the system crashes after some time.
        For example, I'm watching a movie and everything stops, lines on the screen pop up (mostly two color ones), everything goes black and then I need to restart the box.
        I thought I installed the wrong kernel but I didn't - I have a non-t CPU and I installed the non-t 1080p kernel.

Can I do anything? Does switching to 720p help? I can't try right now. Thanks! And this is a great ROM, huge thanks to everyone who participated on it.

Edit: The ROM doesn't work for me, the kernels don't.
        1080p non-t - perfectly smooth, crashes with those lines and reboots after some time
        720p non-t - crashes at the loading screen

Both t kernels flicker while watching video at an unwatchable rate, plus system lags in general

I hope there is a fix for this.
        Last edited by Daften; 04-24-2014, 22:27.

Comment

TWRP

Originally posted by Max One View Post
          Hello Freaktabbers,

this thread is made for all the guys who ended in a brick after updating to Kit Kat. And yes, updating to KK without bricking the device is possible!

My PCB: 2013-06-17 CYXTECH RK3188 909 v1_1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6027[/ATTACH]

I really wanted to update my tv-stick to Kit Kat 4.4.x, but stupidly it ended always in a brick. So i had to short pin 7 and 8 (on others maybe on pin 8 and 9) on the nand chip, to make my stick work again.

At the end I believed that these nandchips on this tv-sticks are somehow bad and not able to flash new bootloaders, for example 2.03, 2.07, 2.08. <-- ATTENTION, DO NOT FLASH ONE OF THESE OR UR DEVICE WILL BE BRICKED!!!

But thats not true, these tv-sticks will work with new bootloaders. You just need the right one.

What u need is:

1. Flashtool 1.3x or higher. I use Androidtool 2.1.
          2. RK3188Loader-L-_V2.13.bin ---> click me
          3. KK Rom

.. and you will see KK will work.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

For those guys who dont know what to do, i have uploaded an All In One rar.

Download it here (click me) read the README FIRST CX919II -T428.TXT and you are good to go.

This Rom is for CX-919II and Tronsmart 428.

To know which kernel is the right one for you, you have to know which kind of cpu version you own.

If its the rk3188-t cpu u have to pick kernel_t_........img
          If its the rk3188 non t cpu u have to pick kernel_.........img

Its very important to use the right kernel. If you use the wrong one your device will start but it will reboot randomly after few seconds.

HD kernel = 1920 x 1080
          SD Kernel = 1280 x 720

Its also importannt to use the right kernel with the right boot.img. For example, if you want to use a HD Kernel then you have to use the 1080 Boot.img, SD Kernel --> 720 boot.img

The t kernel is clocked at (DDR and GPU are locked in this kernel, only CPU is overclockable)
          CPU 1.4 ghz
          DDR 528 mhz
          GPU 445 mhz

The non t kernel is clocked at
          CPU 1.8 ghz
          DDR 720 mhz
          GPU 445 mhz (<-- I´m not sure if its right maybe its a bit higher)

All use 1.8V for LCDC support and to prevent screen flickering

If you think your device gets to hot, install cpu frills from Play Store and underclock it to prevent heat damage.

Thats all for now, and dont forget to rate this thread. Thanks.

All credits goes to Finless and D33.

If u wanna say "Thank you" go buy him a beer.

Enjoy and have fun.

Max One

I followed your instructions and everything was OK. Stick booted to Android. Then I installed Dropbox, unplugged from computer and plugged to TV. Second boot finished on TWRP and not Android start at all. I have tried also reboot to System manually but this did not help. Always it finished on TWRP and refusing to go to Android. After this I tried flash system again with same procedure but after flash when I expecting reboot (point 3 in paragraph Flashing) is stick freezing. When I unplugged it form PC and plug to TV it is again stop on TWRP.
          Please let me know what happened. First time it was OK but second is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny View Post
            I followed your instructions and everything was OK. Stick booted to Android. Then I installed Dropbox, unplugged from computer and plugged to TV. Second boot finished on TWRP and not Android start at all. I have tried also reboot to System manually but this did not help. Always it finished on TWRP and refusing to go to Android. After this I tried flash system again with same procedure but after flash when I expecting reboot (point 3 in paragraph Flashing) is stick freezing. When I unplugged it form PC and plug to TV it is again stop on TWRP.
            Please let me know what happened. First time it was OK but second is not working.
            No any advice? Did I brick my stick by following your procedure?
            Last edited by Johny; 04-29-2014, 17:03.

Comment

Great Guide

Hi,
              first of all my system language is german, so maybe I use the wrong terminology sometimes.
              I tried to flash my stick, but I can't install the drivers. I googled a lot and found out that the "unknown device" must be found on top of the device manager (not recognized devicetype), which is not happening with my device. Win 7 recognizes it as a unknown usb device and throws (in the info field of the device properties) the error code 43 - device stopped.
              I tried to point the driver destination anyway, but windows says all the time that it's using the optimal drivers already and installs nothing...
              After that, i disabled driver signature enforcement in win 7, but it didn't help.
              I also tried a second PC. So i had the problem on my x64 Acer Win7 NB and on my x86 Win 7 Thinkpad.

I also searched this forum and others and found nothing, maybe i searched wrong keywords?

I know it's not a problem with your guide at all, but maybe you know a trick or maybe a page where i can find some help...

Thanks in advance.

Comment

updated my cx919ii with this ROM

Hi,

I'm very much new to TV sticks and so upgrading as well.
                Thanks for the detailed instructions and the ROM, I was able to upgrade the device without any problems.
                However post the upgrade, the WiFi is not working, the device keeps on displaying "Turning Wi-Fi on..." and WiFi is never turned on.

Also, device cannot be detected on my Win7 laptop post the upgrade.

Can anyone please help me with this problem?

Regards,
                Saurabh
                Last edited by newCX919ii; 05-17-2014, 12:14.

Comment

Originally posted by newCX919ii View Post
                  the device keeps on displaying "Turning Wi-Fi on..." and WiFi is never turned on.

Also, device cannot be detected on my Win7 laptop post the upgrade.
                  This will happen if there is a mismatch between your wifi/bt chip and kernel. Open up your stick to see what chip you have and then you need to install appropriate kernel. For AP6210 chips, there are two variants and you can see two kernels in D33's Kitkat thread.

If the device driver is properly installed, it will be detected if you make it go in flash mode. Or did you mean "does not get detected in USB mode"?
                  Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                  CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                  GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

WiFi not turning on

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                    This will happen if there is a mismatch between your wifi/bt chip and kernel. Open up your stick to see what chip you have and then you need to install appropriate kernel. For AP6210 chips, there are two variants and you can see two kernels in D33's Kitkat thread.

If the device driver is properly installed, it will be detected if you make it go in flash mode. Or did you mean "does not get detected in USB mode"?
                    Thanks Ghanashyaml for the reply. Isn't there any other way to determine the chip? If not do you know of any video demonstrating how to open the device?
                    By not detected I mean, it doesn't go in flash mode.

Comment

Originally posted by newCX919ii View Post
                      Thanks Ghanashyaml for the reply. Isn't there any other way to determine the chip? If not do you know of any video demonstrating how to open the device?
                      By not detected I mean, it doesn't go in flash mode.
                      DMESG might give you more information. Here is a Finless Bob video that shows internals and probably how to open it.

Make sure you use Windows 7 and USB port 2.0 for going into flash mode. If drivers are installed, it should work. If you bricked yours, then you might need to go into mask mode, to unbrick it. Search on this forums, you will find enough posts about it.
                      Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                      CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                      GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Ethernet

My WiFi was not as good as I wish so I have bought reduction Ethernet to micro USB. When I plugged it on stick did not recognized it and MAC was still 00. LED on the reduction is blinking so I assume that internet connection is OK. Is there something what is necessary to setup or this Rom did not support Ethernet at all? In this case can you recommend me any KitKat rom which support Ethernet on cx-919II with RK3188-T?

Thanks

Comment

Hello, another one having this version.

Did everything like the procedure but when I click Lower Format there's an error and I can't finish the job.

Is there any clue of what is causing this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20140526165214.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	433727Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20140526165315.jpg
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	433728Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	433729

Comment

Originally posted by jorgefcbastos View Post
                            Hello, another one having this version.

Did everything like the procedure but when I click Lower Format there's an error and I can't finish the job.

Is there any clue of what is causing this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6475[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6476[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6477[/ATTACH]

Did you do this?
                            Putting the CX-919II/T428 into flash mode using the Flash Tool:
                            1) Remove any SDcard you may have installed.
                            2) Connected the supplied USB cable from the device to your PC. It will power up and windows
                            may detect the device. DO not worry about that. We need it powered up.
                            3) In the ROM kit run the ROM Flash Tool.exe.
                            If at the bottom of the flash tool it says "Found One MSC Device" then proceed to step 4.
                            If at the bottom of the tool you do not see "Found One MSC Device".
                            We need to make changes in settings to turn on USB storage
                            Go into settings and click on developer options. Make sure USB debugging is OFF.
                            Go into storage settings. At the top right are 3 dots. Click it and select MASS Storage box.
                            4) Now at the bottom of the PC flash tool you should see "Found One MSC Device".
                            If it does NOT say that, then repeat steps 3
                            5) Once it says "Found One MSC Device" in the flash tool click the "Switch" button.
                            6) Wait up to at least 10 seconds. The unit should reboot and the screen will be black (no output).

Comment

My WiFi was not as good as I wish so I have bought reduction Ethernet to micro USB. When I plugged it on stick did not recognized it and MAC was still 00. LED on the reduction is blinking so I assume that internet connection is OK. Is there something what is necessary to setup or this Rom did not support Ethernet at all? In this case can you recommend me any KitKat rom which support Ethernet on cx-919II with RK3188-T?

Thanks
                              Any solutions for Ethernet on this rom???

Comment

Did you do this?
                                Putting the CX-919II/T428 into flash mode using the Flash Tool:
                                1) Remove any SDcard you may have installed.
                                2) Connected the supplied USB cable from the device to your PC. It will power up and windows
                                may detect the device. DO not worry about that. We need it powered up.
                                3) In the ROM kit run the ROM Flash Tool.exe.
                                If at the bottom of the flash tool it says "Found One MSC Device" then proceed to step 4.
                                If at the bottom of the tool you do not see "Found One MSC Device".
                                We need to make changes in settings to turn on USB storage
                                Go into settings and click on developer options. Make sure USB debugging is OFF.
                                Go into storage settings. At the top right are 3 dots. Click it and select MASS Storage box.
                                4) Now at the bottom of the PC flash tool you should see "Found One MSC Device".
                                If it does NOT say that, then repeat steps 3
                                5) Once it says "Found One MSC Device" in the flash tool click the "Switch" button.
                                6) Wait up to at least 10 seconds. The unit should reboot and the screen will be black (no output).
                                Yes. The only step that I'm not being able to complete is the drivers instalation. It keeps saying it wasn't possible to install the drivers.

Some remote help would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X