Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cx-919ii, Bluetimes BT919, GM282, DM 918 etc. updatable to Kit Kat 4.4.x without bricking the device!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cx-919ii, Bluetimes BT919, GM282, DM 918 etc. updatable to Kit Kat 4.4.x without bricking the device!!!

Hello Freaktabbers,

this thread is made for all the guys who ended in a brick after updating to Kit Kat. And yes, updating to KK without bricking the device is possible!

My PCB: 2013-06-17 CYXTECH RK3188 909 v1_1

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140107_215810.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	439179

I really wanted to update my tv-stick to Kit Kat 4.4.x, but stupidly it ended always in a brick. So i had to short pin 7 and 8 (on others maybe on pin 8 and 9) on the nand chip, to make my stick work again.

At the end I believed that these nandchips on this tv-sticks are somehow bad and not able to flash new bootloaders, for example 2.03, 2.07, 2.08. <-- ATTENTION, DO NOT FLASH ONE OF THESE OR UR DEVICE WILL BE BRICKED!!!

But thats not true, these tv-sticks will work with new bootloaders. You just need the right one.

What u need is:

1. Flashtool 1.3x or higher. I use Androidtool 2.1.
    2. RK3188Loader-L-_V2.13.bin ---> click me
    3. KK Rom

.. and you will see KK will work.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

For those guys who dont know what to do, i have uploaded an All In One rar.

Download it here (click me) read the README FIRST CX919II -T428.TXT and you are good to go.

This Rom is for CX-919II and Tronsmart 428.

To know which kernel is the right one for you, you have to know which kind of cpu version you own.

If its the rk3188-t cpu u have to pick kernel_t_........img
    If its the rk3188 non t cpu u have to pick kernel_.........img

Its very important to use the right kernel. If you use the wrong one your device will start but it will reboot randomly after few seconds.

HD kernel = 1920 x 1080
    SD Kernel = 1280 x 720

Its also importannt to use the right kernel with the right boot.img. For example, if you want to use a HD Kernel then you have to use the 1080 Boot.img, SD Kernel --> 720 boot.img

The t kernel is clocked at (DDR and GPU are locked in this kernel, only CPU is overclockable)
    CPU 1.4 ghz
    DDR 528 mhz
    GPU 445 mhz

The non t kernel is clocked at
    CPU 1.8 ghz
    DDR 720 mhz
    GPU 445 mhz (<-- I´m not sure if its right maybe its a bit higher)

All use 1.8V for LCDC support and to prevent screen flickering

If you think your device gets to hot, install cpu frills from Play Store and underclock it to prevent heat damage.

Thats all for now, and dont forget to rate this thread. Thanks.

All credits goes to Finless and D33.

If u wanna say "Thank you" go buy him a beer.

Enjoy and have fun.

Max One
    Last edited by Max One; 04-03-2014, 23:22.
    cx-919ii

I tried this and it seemed real smooth but then I noticed the nand wasn't mounted and failed to do so. Do i need to just reflash or something else? Thanks.

Edit: Ok. Weird. I restarted it and it mounted but then the external sd didn't show. I will just play around and see if it settles or just reflash. Thanks for compiling everything together for this.
    Last edited by DakotaIce; 03-23-2014, 16:03.

Comment

Play Store and Download Manager not working

Flashing went smooth and everything seemed to be perfect but then the Play Store didn't work (Keeps saying there is no network connetion while the browser works) and downloading from the browser crashes 9 out of 10 times.

Other that the previou this looks awesome.

Comment

Many thanks...

... I'm new to the Android TV and this 'all-in-one' package and installer really helped and very much appreciated.
        I've got the CX-919II and so far everything appears to be good following your instructions and using the installer gui.

Many thanks.

Comment

Hello, I installed the cx919II with rk3188 at 1.6 GHz, you and I put the boot 1080, and kernels there are SD and HD, because when I put the SD no full screen was, so I put eventually the HD with the same boot 1080 and goes perfect.
          So I wanted to ask you if you could clarify which kernel is 1080 and the 720, the HD or SD?
          And one more thing, you could put the same kernels without overclock please, because you put are 1.8GHz and heated much.
          thanks, This ROM is the best I have tasted so far
          Last edited by Planchass; 03-26-2014, 10:36.

Comment

Woohoo!

Dear Max,

This ROM has solved ALL of my previous issues with my CX919II clone, including Bluetooth which now works. Big, big thanks to you, D33 and Finless. Also, thanks to everyone in this section who encouraged & inspired

Device: Lantic L003 (another CX919II clone)
            Kernel: HD (which is 1080p, but not the T)
            Boot: 1080_large

Comment

Working 4.4.2 at last =)

Thanks D33, finless for this one and to max for the additional assistance =)
              Working BT and WIFI, slick firmware very nice indeed!

Just a couple of questions:

1. I accidentally put a password on so when i boot i am prompted to enter one, I can't see how to turn that off, there does not seem to be a check box to disable in settings... its grayed out in ESfile explorer, am i able to edit an ini file somewhere with any other application? or will i need to reflash?

2. I'd like to use an app on my android phone as a controller... I can download 'able remote to my phone' but am unable to download 'able remote for google tv' to my CX919ii nor can i find RKRemote... any tips on how to download these?? Or if these wont work anyone have other suggestions?

Cheers

Comment

+1
                All is working very well

OnTheRoad

Comment

flashing for BT919

Does this work for Bluetimes 919? Thks

Comment

Hi Max,

Thanks for the package, it's straightforward and very easy to flash.
                    Do you know if the Kernels are overclocked?
                    It works fine with my bluetimes 919 but starts to get hot when using Netflix and crashes all the time, is there a Kernel with lower speed which I guess would be more stable?

Thanks again!

Regards,
                    Patrick

Originally posted by Max One View Post
                    Hello Freaktabbers,

this thread is made for all the guys who ended in a brick after updating to Kit Kat. And yes, updating to KK without bricking the device is possible!

My PCB: 2013-06-17 CYXTECH RK3188 909 v1_1

I really wanted to update my tv-stick to Kit Kat 4.4.x, but stupidly it ended always in a brick. So i had to short pin 7 and 8 (on others maybe on pin 8 and 9) on the nand chip, to make my stick work again.

At the end I believed that these nandchips on this tv-sticks are somehow bad and not able to flash new bootloaders, for example 2.03, 2.07, 2.08. <-- ATTENTION, DO NOT FLASH ONE OF THESE OR UR DEVICE WILL BE BRICKED!!!

But thats not true, these tv-sticks will work with new bootloaders. U just need the right one.

What u need is:

1. Flashtool 1.3x or higher. I use Androidtool 2.1.
                    2. RK3188Loader-L-_V2.13.bin ---> click me
                    3. KK Rom

.. and u will see KK will work.

For those guys who dont know what to do, i have uploaded an All In One rar.

Download it here (click me) read the README FIRST CX919II -T428.TXT and u are good to go.

This Rom is for CX-919II and Tronsmart 428.

All credits goes to Finless and D33.

If u wann a say "Thank you" go buy him a beer.

Enjoy and have fun

Max One

Comment

I have this CX 919II with dual WiFi antenna

But I have problem with installing drivers on PC.
                      I did follow the readme I managed to get to that point that in Flash tool it says One MSC device detected but after clicking Switch.. In device manager where is Unknown device windows doesn't allow me to install drivers. I have even turned off Driver Signature Enforcement on my windows 8.
                      In device manager I get 2 kind of Unknown Devices
                      Unknown device
                      and
                      rk31sdk
                      And on both stages it doesn't allow me to install drivers. It says can't find suitable drivers.

I'm starting to think I might have something else I think I have.

Is this CX 919ii ?
                      How can I find what device I have to figure out what drivers/kernels/roms I need?
                      In CPU-Z it says it's rk3188 1.61 Ghz
                      CPU - ARM Cortex-A9
                      Cores 4

With what Kind of info I can provide you tell help me out on this one ?

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaIce View Post
                        I tried this and it seemed real smooth but then I noticed the nand wasn't mounted and failed to do so. Do i need to just reflash or something else? Thanks.

Edit: Ok. Weird. I restarted it and it mounted but then the external sd didn't show. I will just play around and see if it settles or just reflash. Thanks for compiling everything together for this.
                        Np.

Originally posted by RAMiAM View Post
                        ... I'm new to the Android TV and this 'all-in-one' package and installer really helped and very much appreciated.
                        I've got the CX-919II and so far everything appears to be good following your instructions and using the installer gui.

Many thanks.
                        Your welcome.

Originally posted by Planchass View Post
                        Hello, I installed the cx919II with rk3188 at 1.6 GHz, you and I put the boot 1080, and kernels there are SD and HD, because when I put the SD no full screen was, so I put eventually the HD with the same boot 1080 and goes perfect.
                        So I wanted to ask you if you could clarify which kernel is 1080 and the 720, the HD or SD?
                        And one more thing, you could put the same kernels without overclock please, because you put are 1.8GHz and heated much.
                        thanks, This ROM is the best I have tasted so far

HD kernel = 1920 x 1080
                        SD Kernel = 1280 x 720

If u think ur device gets to hot, install cpu frills from Play Store and underclock it to prevent heat damage.

These kernels are not overclocked, check first post.

Originally posted by PolarBear View Post
                        Dear Max,

This ROM has solved ALL of my previous issues with my CX919II clone, including Bluetooth which now works. Big, big thanks to you, D33 and Finless. Also, thanks to everyone in this section who encouraged & inspired

Device: Lantic L003 (another CX919II clone)
                        Kernel: HD (which is 1080p, but not the T)
                        Boot: 1080_large
                        Good to hear that. Your welcome.

Originally posted by Ozmosis View Post
                        Thanks D33, finless for this one and to max for the additional assistance =)
                        Working BT and WIFI, slick firmware very nice indeed!

Just a couple of questions:

1. I accidentally put a password on so when i boot i am prompted to enter one, I can't see how to turn that off, there does not seem to be a check box to disable in settings... its grayed out in ESfile explorer, am i able to edit an ini file somewhere with any other application? or will i need to reflash?

2. I'd like to use an app on my android phone as a controller... I can download 'able remote to my phone' but am unable to download 'able remote for google tv' to my CX919ii nor can i find RKRemote... any tips on how to download these?? Or if these wont work anyone have other suggestions?

Cheers

1. I would reflash it. You'll save precious time.
                        2. Try it with Droidmote, search for it in Play Store.

Cheers

Originally posted by blessedyeti View Post
                        Does this work for Bluetimes 919? Thks
                        Funny questions . Check the topic and u will find the answer.
                        Btw, i have the same stick.

Originally posted by pmgahan View Post
                        Hi Max,

Thanks for the package, it's straightforward and very easy to flash.
                        Do you know if the Kernels are overclocked?
                        It works fine with my bluetimes 919 but starts to get hot when using Netflix and crashes all the time, is there a Kernel with lower speed which I guess would be more stable?

Thanks again!

Regards,
                        Patrick
                        The kernels are custom but not overclocked. I dont think its a kernel problem. This rom is still in beta or maybe Netflix need a fix. To be honest, i dont know it, im not using Netflix.
                        If u want to clock down (underclock) the kernel, u can install cpu frills from Play Store. After underclocking check if its still crashing.
                        Good luck.

Originally posted by friikadello View Post

I did follow the readme I managed to get to that point that in Flash tool it says One MSC device detected but after clicking Switch.. In device manager where is Unknown device windows doesn't allow me to install drivers. I have even turned off Driver Signature Enforcement on my windows 8.
                        Unknown device
                        and
                        rk31sdk
                        And on both stages it doesn't allow me to install drivers. It says can't find suitable drivers.

I'm starting to think I might have something else I think I have.

Is this CX 919ii ?
                        How can I find what device I have to figure out what drivers/kernels/roms I need?
                        In CPU-Z it says it's rk3188 1.61 Ghz
                        CPU - ARM Cortex-A9
                        Cores 4

With what Kind of info I can provide you tell help me out on this one ?
                        Sry i can help u further cause i´m not using windows 8. You should ask some1 else who uses windows 8.
                        Or u could read the readme and doublecheck it, maybe u have done something wrong. Good luck
                        This pcb looks like mine and its a cx 919ii for sure.
                        cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by friikadello View Post

Unknown device
                          and
                          rk31sdk
                          Make sure it's plugged into usb 2.0 port, not 3.0.
                          Is your system 32bit or 64bit?

Comment

Max One, NICE put together!

Thanks for helping everyone by doing this!

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi Max One,

Thanks for your help but Google+ and Netflix crash too often to be usable (I use the BT 919 mostly for Netflix).

Can you provide me with a package which I can use to downgrade to 4.2.2 without bricking my device?

Comment

Working...
                              X