X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Originally posted by nectaire View Post
    Hi,

I currently got a measy b4s. Have tried flashing bluetimes QPRO firmware. After which wired connection no longer works. Although able to get ip address, no internet access. Wireless is fine. Flash to cloudnetgo cr12 0827 firmware which works great as its compatible with Measy B4s
    There's a Cloudnetgo CR12 firmware from 09/11/14 linked in this thread you can try as well.

Comment

Testing the latest factory firmware (yes, another) for the Bluetimes QPRO.

I promise this time I'll make a list/table with all available firmwares and a brief description for each, as I admit this is all getting a bit disorderly even for my anarchistic tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
        There's a Cloudnetgo CR12 firmware from 09/11/14 linked in this thread you can try as well.

Thanks. Maybe i will give it a try.

Comment

Thanks. Maybe i will give it a try.

..maybe wait for the latest one I'll be posting today.

Comment

..maybe wait for the latest one I'll be posting today.
            Sure!

Comment

Sure!
              New firmware: https://mega.co.nz/#!7UJGDLZY!WqL-4y...Sqj7gfFWHrRbmg

If your system is already up and running, you only need to flash kernel, boot, and system to update without losing your files and data.

Comment

New firmware: https://mega.co.nz/#!7UJGDLZY!WqL-4y...Sqj7gfFWHrRbmg

If your system is already up and running, you only need to flash kernel, boot, and system to update without losing your files and data.

Cool!! will feedback after flashing. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Cool!! will feedback after flashing. Thanks for sharing.
                  Please do, I hope your ethernet works. I tested mine and it was fine

(BTW, this firmware comes rooted)

Comment

Yes, indeed. The clones are now hitting the market as I write this. Everyday new variants are appearing on **** and other merchant sites from China.

Many of those clones will have the same PCBa, too. Come December it's going to be an interesting landscape for tv box buyers for sure.

EDIT: the Bluetimes QPRO shares the same PCBa as the Rikomagic MK902ii (a big player), as well as the aforementioned Measy B4S, CS918ii, and Cloudnetgo CR12/13/16 - and they all hit the market at the same time, I ordered the QPRO 8/21/14. The actual clones are the ones that appear post launch, and there are many already.
                    December ... are you seriously going to wait until then???

I received a message yesterday 15/9 that the Blue Times factory have sent my QPro so in a few weeks I will be able to start using it.

Great news that there is one more option available that shares the PCB (Rikomagic MK902ii). Who actually makes the PXB, is it Blue Times?

The power supply, can you tell me if the plug used is 3.5mm or 2mm in diameter please?

Comment

Originally posted by OZReddog View Post

Great news that there is one more option available that shares the PCB (Rikomagic MK902ii). Who actually makes the PXB, is it Blue Times?

The power supply, can you tell me if the plug used is 3.5mm or 2mm in diameter please?
                      The PCBa is from Hotack [HTC] and the power supply is 2.1mm

The device may also be compatible with the CS928 ROMs. Waiting to confirm that detail.

Comment

The power supply is 2.1mm
                        Thanks for the information.

Comment

Hi Shomari, thanks for the updated firmware. Just a question regarding the firmware, is there a reason why the size of each successive firmware decreases? Are there less features in the versions or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by OZReddog View Post
                            Hi Shomari, thanks for the updated firmware. Just a question regarding the firmware, is there a reason why the size of each successive firmware decreases? Are there less features in the versions or something else?
                            Nope, just me debloating and compressing the files to save user bandwidth, eliminate junk.

Comment

Yet another find in the QPRO firmware; we may have found the first XBMC build capable of utilizing the RK3288 HEVC hardware decoding capabilities.

If it's true, it is a wanton violation of the open source license and the authors of the modded XBMC must release their sources to become compliant.

Very interesting development, if it holds.

Comment

Nope, just me debloating and compressing the files to save user bandwidth, eliminate junk.
                                Okay, it was just a strange observation that they were decreasing. Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Working...
                                X