Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipo users: READ THIS BEFORE FLASHING A KITKAT ROM!!!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Quote = dareksww; 193537] nada sucedió , pero finaly me dieron forma al modo de máscara y tenía siguiente problema borro BID bien, pero el flash no puede <layer 3-2> Descargar Inicio Comienzo <layer 3-2> Descargar Éxito Boot <Capa 3 - 2> Wait For Maskrom Start <layer 3-2> Wait For Success Maskrom <layer 3-2> dispositivo de prueba de inicio <layer 3-2> Device Control de Éxito <layer 3-2> Compruebe chip Start <layer 3-2> Check viruta Éxito <layer 3-2> Consigue FlashInfo Start <layer 3-2> Obtenga FlashInfo Éxito <layer 3-2> Prepara BID Start <layer 3-2> Prepara BID Falla [/ quote]

​I have a Chinese tablet with the same problem, but can not get the original ROM, ROM flashes you original?

Comment

I think that I briked my Pipo when trying to flashing with a kit kat rom. The process finish with an error. Now, every time when I connect the tablet to try to flash a rom (4.2 or 4.4) it connects and desconnects every few secons (30-60sec). I can not erase the nand or save a new rom: during testing process it disconnects and connects again and the testing starts and starts again.
      Any help please?

Comment

Read post #2
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

i have an rk3066 tablet and i need help, tried flashing kitkat but failed, returned to jb but also failed

hello sir, i have this tablet of mine, an o+ 9.76 pad, rk3066 3.0.8+ kernel..

check this one HERE

i need help please

Comment

Read post #2, those instructions should help you.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by darknight21 View Post
              hello sir, i have this tablet of mine, an o+ 9.76 pad, rk3066 3.0.8+ kernel..

check this one HERE

i need help please
              Probably forgotten to check bootloader in the flashtool ?

Comment

problem

hello, yes back then I didnt know that the loaders were different..

I opened my tab but could not find the NAND chip to short..
                the small chip I believe is for the touchscreen labeled goodix gt828..
                photos attached..
                Attached Files

Comment

The NAND chip will be large and rectangular with the pins on either side (not on all 4 sides). It may be under the big silver plate that covers most of the motherboard. The plate is usually held on with heat sync tape. You can carefully pry off this plate (try not to bend it). You may have to go down to your electronics supply store and buy some heat sync tape to put it back with. It often won't stick back together the same after you are done.

After you are done and you notice a screen flicker on the display, the solution is to get a tighter seal on the heat sync plate.

Good luck.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

thanks!

ok i found it inside the metal plate and shorted it, succes!!

fashed starway rom and learnt a lesson not to mess with different roms of different bootloaders..

Thank you!

Comment

Good to hear it all worked out.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

thanks1

there was no flickering issue at all, the metal heatspreader had a built in clamp to have it fixed in place.. hehe

Comment

That's good to know. My iFive Mini 3GS had a flicker until I got the heat sync tape applied correctly.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Did I Brick My Tablet?

Hello @rrileypm

It seems almost everything is working now except that tablet was restarting initially and I think what caused it is connected power cable. I used the USB to power connector with wall USB adapter. Another problem is no high sound on PIPO M9 Max and I think I read about app that fixes it. I will appreciate if you could refer me to the source.

Thanks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After I saw KitKat ROM for 2-NAND chipped tablet I discovered this thread.
                            This KitKat ROM was supposed to work for tablets with 1 NAND chip like my
                            PIPO M9 Max 16GB but it didn't the first time I tried because I understood that
                            only system.img file had to be checked in flasher.

I then tried again with all checked and tablet stuck on Android animation boot loop.
                            Lastly I tried with all checked but this time with system.img that didn't come separately
                            which I later had to overwrite with separate system.img (by @dnkn original poster)It worked this time but all was in Chinese and I realize that now I was left to overwrite
                            system.img with system.img by @dnkn to have English version, bloatfree ROM with other fixes. But now after flashing process I saw 4 penquins
                            like earlier. This time however screen was stuck with them and eventually after I tried
                            holding ESC for several seconds on screen with penguins, screen changed to droid with
                            exclamation point.

The problem is that tablet is not being seen now by RKBatch Tool and flashing tool
                            that came with KitKat ROM I tried to flash with. Here's what I tried:

1. Holding ESC 5 secs, then not releasing ESC start holding RESET with pin, then not releasing ESC and RESET holding POWER which brought me to either screen with 4 penguins stuck or with droid and exclamation point.

2. Holding RESET then POWER. I can't release POWER at that time because table shuts off.

3. Holding ESC, then holding RESET, releasing reset while holding ESC, releasing ESC...

4. Holding what I mentioned for 30 seconds...

All attempts are futile.
                            Last edited by TechnicGeek; 10-05-2014, 12:12.

Comment

Hello,

My friend's tablet was obviously bricked (as described here), and I tried to enter "mask mode". Failed. When opened his tablet, it looked exactly like on your photo:

Even all the numbers were the same: on the mobo and NAND chip!

- I had no idea what "data sheet" to look up for, which pins to connect. I've tried 7 & 8, 8 & 9, starting from #1 as shown on the pic.

- tablet was connected to PC in flash mode, Flash Tool loaded. Flash mode: I was pressing Power+Esc buttons to enable "Found... loader USB" message. I've tried to connect diffeerent pins, but message stayed the same. No "mask mode" message. Is there anything I can do?

Comment

Did you try it with the charger plugged in to the tablet? That's one thing that gets left out of the equation.

The first time I tried it...I had to walk away from it for a few hours. Mainly because my 53 year old eyes couldn't focus on the pins anymore.

When I got back to it, I was a little more aggressive in shorting the pins with the scalpel knife I was using. Turns out, I wasn't making good enough contact. Don't be afraid on trying other pins than 7, 8, or 9...at this point you don't have anything to loose.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X