Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipo users: READ THIS BEFORE FLASHING A KITKAT ROM!!!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Hmmmmm

I try not to provide duplicate information in multiple threads. Sorry for the confusion, but it's just best for everyone to know where to go to get the appropriate information.

Actually, you simply stated the whole process in your post. It isn't that difficult, but it IS something you MUST do.
    Dear Riley,

I hope you can help me. I forgot to mark the loader when coming back from KK, and now my tablet wont start. Always black screen.

When I connect the usb and press the power for 10 seconds, it appears as unknow device and doesnt allow me to change the drive.

If i release the power button, it turns off. I cant manage to open it, I dont have the tools. Is there any other way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

You need to follow the steps in post #2
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

You need to follow the steps in post #2
        could you post a video with how to open it? I dont get it. Nothing gets into the back case.

Comment

Surely there must be a video already on YouTube that shows how to open a tablet. I would do it....but I'm still a work.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by maguuss View Post
            could you post a video with how to open it? I dont get it. Nothing gets into the back case.
            Here is a nice video how to open Pipo M9 pro:

Comment

flash m6 pro kitkat stock rom

I found a link for stock kitkat (DS977_4.4_20140220)Rom and want to try it. If i want to downgrade afterwards to rr 1.9 (jb) how do i do that?
              Do i use your flash tool that comes with rr 1.8 (kk) to erase nand before flashing rr 1.9?

Comment

Yes that would be the best route to take.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Cant get mask mode

Pipo M8 max pro owner. Bricked it after flashing kitkat 4.4 without new loader
                  Almost same as eljuggy-> ("Testing device 100%" or Total(16384) Current(16384) when flashing (no mask rom then)

I can't seem to get mask mode even shorting pin 7&8 or 8&9, i could not find the datasheet for my nand, but it is the exact same as the picture by Riley. i have manage to reset via shorting the pins, but it always shows "Found RKAndroid loader Rock USB". Any tips? Thx!

Comment

Experiment with different pins...it shouldn't hurt. You may have to continue holding the power button.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by eljuggy View Post
                      Hello,

well my tablet seems back from the dead...

I was in a very bad situation see post above.

Also during flash the test phase was testing 8192 blocks and not 16384...

The 3 last steps I did were :

1) Tried once more to flash 4.4 using RKDevelopTool
                      - erase all blocks + erase ID
                      - flashed loader 2.10
                      - flashed 4.4 sergiopoveroni - failed but I saw again the test of 16384 blocks : progress !
                      - Erase ID again

2) Flashed 1.24 bootloader only (only box checked) using ROM_Flash_Tool_137

3) Flashed Pipo Stock M8 pro 4.2.2 chinese with RKBatchTool 1.7 and to my great surprise : success !

Well now I think I'll try again flashing 4.4 but with correct 2.10 bootloader I'm feeling lucky !
                      How do you erase all blocks and erase ID ? Thx!

Comment

Experiment with different pins...it shouldn't hurt. You may have to continue holding the power button.

Thank you for the reply. I have cycle through all pins on top, with and without pressing the power button. No mask mode, only reset at pin 12-13 (kinda like pressing the physical reset button)

Could it be non sequential pins??

Comment

No, they will be sequential. Sometimes it's hard to make good contact.

Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Figured out how to go into maskrom mode. I had to pull out the power Cable and then replug while shorting Nand pin 8-9 . got into mask mode, erased ibd, flashed rileys rom 2.1.2. Tablet booted fine after. Thanks riley, you are awesome!

Comment

I've said this before, but it can be said again.

Thanks for the clear instructions. Sometimes I have to ask a question to clarify, but by and large the instructions you guys are including make it easy.

Thanks ..
                              Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

If you read my bio...I'm a journalist by education...Fire Captain/Paramedic by trade (28 years). I'm always writing procedures for lifesaving techniques...so writing these directions comes naturally...although not on the same level of importance.

Thanks for the feedback...I truly appreciate it.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X