Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dakirba View Post
    Hey guys, i have tested everything and no luck. Xbmc from quickshot doesn't play well, unfortunately beyond xbmc and even mxplayer and vlc player doesn't play smooth aswell. I copied the files to sd card on the device to, and still no progress. And this applies to diferent formats - standard xvid, 720p mkv, 1080p mkv, x264 mp4...I'm starting to asume the problem is in rom or maybe in hardware? Is it possible that I didn't flash the rom right? But I doubt that - I don't think it's possible that the rom is working half way - either it's working or not, am I right?
    There is two things though, I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem. First thing is, that the sound of the keyboard doesn't work, even though I have checked the box in settings, or sometimes it works for couple of seconds, and then stops working, and the second one is, that even the mouse stutters in both xbmc's, sometimes even in home screen outside the xbmc. Do these problems point on rom not working well?
    I'm thinking through the possible fixes, and one that came to my mind is, what if there is the issue with the hdmi cable provided with the device? Maybe if I buy a new, better, more expensive hdmi cable, that would solve my problems? I can't see any other reason, why the videos are working fine for everyone on this rom, except for me. Even on youtube some guy was telling about how this rom is the best for video playback, that everything runs smooth.
    Oh, and another information - i tried to connect the same usb hdd, with the same movies directly to usb port on my tv, and movies was running smooth like a butter.

Please help me, i bought minix x7 so I could have the best experience with xbmc and everything that comes whit it, but now I'm really dissapointed
    Sorry, cant help too much with triouble shooting, but I can confirm that the stock one with this rom and Beyond XBMC works great for all formats you mentioned. No skipping. I am using a 2.1 setup though. Maybe check the audio setting in XBMC?

Do your videos play well outside of XBMC on Archos Video player? What about if you use AirPin service and send a file via DLNA?

Did the videos work on the stock 008 rom and XBMC?

Did you erase and re install the rom? Quickshot worked the best for me. I am runnign the 18080p kernal with 720 ram. I think you should use stock settings firsty though.

Comment

Hey guys, i have tested everything and no luck. Xbmc from quickshot doesn't play well, unfortunately beyond xbmc and even mxplayer and vlc player doesn't play smooth aswell. I copied the files to sd card on the device to, and still no progress. And this applies to diferent formats - standard xvid, 720p mkv, 1080p mkv, x264 mp4...I'm starting to asume the problem is in rom or maybe in hardware? Is it possible that I didn't flash the rom right? But I doubt that - I don't think it's possible that the rom is working half way - either it's working or not, am I right?
      There is two things though, I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem. First thing is, that the sound of the keyboard doesn't work, even though I have checked the box in settings, or sometimes it works for couple of seconds, and then stops working, and the second one is, that even the mouse stutters in both xbmc's, sometimes even in home screen outside the xbmc. Do these problems point on rom not working well?
      I'm thinking through the possible fixes, and one that came to my mind is, what if there is the issue with the hdmi cable provided with the device? Maybe if I buy a new, better, more expensive hdmi cable, that would solve my problems? I can't see any other reason, why the videos are working fine for everyone on this rom, except for me. Even on youtube some guy was telling about how this rom is the best for video playback, that everything runs smooth.
      Oh, and another information - i tried to connect the same usb hdd, with the same movies directly to usb port on my tv, and movies was running smooth like a butter.

Please help me, i bought minix x7 so I could have the best experience with xbmc and everything that comes whit it, but now I'm really dissapointed

Did you buy from an authorized dealer?... just asking since there are fakes out there.

I know my own Neo x7 is very smooth even with my online streams... local media has never been a problem, in fact, it's really the only reliable method to test with since the internet may not always be fast enough.

Comment

No, the videos doesn't play well outside the xbmc. I tried mxplayer and vlc player.
        I bought the Minix from authorized dealer (minix europe).

The thing is, I got the minix last Saturday, and i just turned it on, the mouse was stuttering, then I flashed it with quickshot v2, and the mouse on home screen was fine, but as i mentioned before, in xbmc it freezes occasionaly for a couple of seconds, and stutters (i'm talking about the mouse cursor). I'm suspicious that these mouse freezes are somehow connected with unsmooth video performance.

what about the hdmi cable? Are you all using the cable that came with the device?

i'm desperate, I don't know what else to do

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

I dont think that a new hdmi cable will solve your problem
          I suggest a new install, erase nand (idb) before flash. There is some times that flash is not completely ok and all my video files play very well.

leolas.
          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
          My devices:
          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
          Gearbest.com)
          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Are you using the stock hdmi cable?

It's true that i'm new to this. Maybe I did something wrong. I downloaded the usb drivers from original minix rom, so I could hook up my minix to my laptop and flashed it. Is this the right thing to do?
            Please help me, what is idb, and how can I erase it before flash?
            Should I flash it the same way as the first time? With pc and your application?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

I forgot to ask - is the mouse cursor freezing and overall a slow, stutter movement of a mouse cursor a common issue with xbmc?

Comment

Are you using the stock hdmi cable?

It's true that i'm new to this. Maybe I did something wrong. I downloaded the usb drivers from original minix rom, so I could hook up my minix to my laptop and flashed it. Is this the right thing to do?
                Please help me, what is idb, and how can I erase it before flash?
                Should I flash it the same way as the first time? With pc and your application?

Thank you for your help.
                It sounds like you didn't follow the instructions that are written in the second post... they clearly state you should erase the IDB.... there is a button on the utility ( RkAndroidtool.exe ) that is provided that is marked "EraseIDB"

Also... at the end it does say to wait until the process has finished... wait at least 5-10 minutes ( 5 should be enough but no reason to take a chance )

Every mouse I've used so far... has had a smooth cursor even in XBMC. On occasion it may stutter just a brief moment when it's busy doing something else but it shouldn't be constant by any means. Make certain you are close enough for the type of mouse you are using if it is wireless... BT mice have to be really close ( less than 10m )... RF types can be much further away.

Comment

I remember now, I did erase the idb in the provided application. I followed the instructions.

So when I must wait 5-10 minutes? After the new rom starts up?

Ok, I will try and flash it again. Do you have some tips with kernels etc. or should I just leave everything as it is?

Comment

I remember now, I did erase the idb in the provided application. I followed the instructions.

So when I must wait 5-10 minutes? After the new rom starts up?

Ok, I will try and flash it again. Do you have some tips with kernels etc. or should I just leave everything as it is?
                    After the flash says it has completed... then wait before unplugging from the PC.

You also need to wait after you first hook it up to the TV since there are some additional scripts that run then... probably another 3-5 minutes before you reboot ( I set up a lot of other stuff at that time... so it takes me more than that to finish )

Leave it as it for now... you can change the kernels on the fly later if you wish. When you re-read the instructions... see which kernel they liked the most... I think it was the one with only the ram OC'd at 720 and nothing else.

Comment

After reading loads of comments and been in different forums , over all wat custom rom is best to get and can some1 please tell me how to get / give open pad union root access so I can finally use my g910 or can any1 tell me wat root access is ?? Ifs it's a case of I'm in the wrong thread could some1 help me out I've posted comments and no replies I'm new to this surly everyone has been a newbie at some stage and didn't know everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                        After the flash says it has completed... then wait before unplugging from the PC.

You also need to wait after you first hook it up to the TV since there are some additional scripts that run then... probably another 3-5 minutes before you reboot ( I set up a lot of other stuff at that time... so it takes me more than that to finish )

Leave it as it for now... you can change the kernels on the fly later if you wish. When you re-read the instructions... see which kernel they liked the most... I think it was the one with only the ram OC'd at 720 and nothing else.
                        It's funny, but the first time I did everything just as you described i even used te kernel with only the ram OC's to 720.
                        Is it wrong, that I had the device hooked up on my tv with hdmi cable during the rom upgrade? I thought it's the right thing to do, so I could see what's happening with the device... Should I just use the power and usb to pc when I'm flashing?

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by Buster86 View Post
                          After reading loads of comments and been in different forums , over all wat custom rom is best to get and can some1 please tell me how to get / give open pad union root access so I can finally use my g910 or can any1 tell me wat root access is ?? Ifs it's a case of I'm in the wrong thread could some1 help me out I've posted comments and no replies I'm new to this surly everyone has been a newbie at some stage and didn't know everything

Almost all custom roms have root access, this Rom has root access, so you can use it to remap your gamepad.

It's funny, but the first time I did everything just as you described i even used te kernel with only the ram OC's to 720.
                          Is it wrong, that I had the device hooked up on my tv with hdmi cable during the rom upgrade? I thought it's the right thing to do, so I could see what's happening with the device... Should I just use the power and usb to pc when I'm flashing?
                          If you make all steps to flash ok the Rom, there is a little possibility that something went wrong yet, I suggest to make all the steps again, disconnect external storages, like sdcards or usb, erase idb, flash, once the process finish, let it connected ti pc for a few minutes (5-10), if you have the device connected to TV you can wath how the system recovery makes some operations, after it will reboot automatically, then the Rom logo will splash, and after the android setup wizard will be launched, then you can power off the device, disconnect it from pc and power on it again to make the first boot.
                          Follow the wizard indications to select, language, WiFi, Google acount, etc...
                          After the wizard is complete, push the home button, select launcher and start to play.

leolas.
                          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                          My devices:
                          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                          Gearbest.com)
                          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

So wat rom would u advise to get !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buster86 View Post
                              So wat rom would u advise to get !!!

Seriously??? What thread is this?

Comment

Sorry dude extremely new to all this I take it from ur reply I'm annoying you or have annoyed , as I've stated I'm trying to learn and by posting comments in the incorrect places I'm sorry I've tried to create a new thread but I can't I'm open to all advice so fire away no advice is bad advice

Comment

Working...
                                X