No announcement yet.

Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use logitech wireless mouse M505. I tried to use it close to the receiver, but it was the same.
    With the original remote, there is no cursor, so I can't tell about the mouse, but the movies still stutter, even if I disconect the mouse and use only the remote.
    The problem is that I don't know which player I should buy now - I really like the Minix, it's look, it's support etc. But that doesn't help me if the movies stutters all the way.
    Maybe there's something wrong just with my device, but I'm not sure if I want to risk and buy the X7 again and then find out it's the same with videos than it was in previous device.

Comment

720 Max resolution, no 1080?

My co-worker just bought the Minix New x7 and flashed this rom by PC using the designated rom and the CWM with it's designated rom. Issue is, his resolution is at a max of 720 and it appears to be at the Kernel level. I see that this rom was too include stock 1080 kernel along with modded clock speed 1080 kernels as an optional download. Anyone experience this? Should he quickflash one of the modded 1080 kernels or should he already be at 1080. Antutu even shows 720 as well as max res in XBMC.

Comment

Just installed this and it seems wonderful. Thanks for all the work guys.

However there's a dealbreaker. Is it possible to hide the system bar when XBMC is running?

I know it doesn't autohide because XBMC is considered as a "launcher" on this ROM as stated on the faq. But is there any way? I don't use XBMC as a launcher, just as a app among the others. I don't want to see system bar when watching movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Teknicl View Post
          My co-worker just bought the Minix New x7 and flashed this rom by PC using the designated rom and the CWM with it's designated rom. Issue is, his resolution is at a max of 720 and it appears to be at the Kernel level. I see that this rom was too include stock 1080 kernel along with modded clock speed 1080 kernels as an optional download. Anyone experience this? Should he quickflash one of the modded 1080 kernels or should he already be at 1080. Antutu even shows 720 as well as max res in XBMC.
          Same problem here. In Settings at 'hdmi mode' I can only choose 720p or 480p, allthough my screen is certainly 1080p and I used the 1080p kernel.
          Only difference here is that xbmc is reporting 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by anttielei View Post

However there's a dealbreaker. Is it possible to hide the system bar when XBMC is running?

I know it doesn't autohide because XBMC is considered as a "launcher" on this ROM as stated on the faq. But is there any way? I don't use XBMC as a launcher, just as a app among the others. I don't want to see system bar when watching movies.
            Hi,

from the launcher hide the system bar (the 2 down arrows on the system bar) and then start XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPan View Post
              Hi,

from the launcher hide the system bar (the 2 down arrows on the system bar) and then start XBMC
              Thanks for the answer. It doesn't seem to work in Quickshot V2 though (it did in the original neo x7 fw). It's impossible to hide the system bar in the launcher as it just pops right back up. Same behavior when XBMC is running (because it's handled as a launcher too).

Should I uninstall pre-installed XBMC, download the version from Minix site and use that instead?

Comment

Thanks for the answer. It doesn't seem to work in Quickshot V2 though (it did in the original neo x7 fw). It's impossible to hide the system bar in the launcher as it just pops right back up. Same behavior when XBMC is running (because it's handled as a launcher too).

Should I uninstall pre-installed XBMC, download the version from Minix site and use that instead?
                The xbmc in the rom is a "launcher" version, all xbmc "launcher" version causes this behavior. The only way to hide the system bar is by using a non launcher version. If you read the first page, post #3 you will find the same xbmc but "no launcher" version.
                This one https://mega.co.nz/#!XI9jDBTD!iWbEbN...ExzDxHY6dreu8Y

BTW, i recommend you to uninstall this xbmc and give a try at flumpster's Beyond XBMC, that one works like a charm
                There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Uninstall the xbmc included in the Rom and install the non launcher version (download link in the firsts posts) then the status bar will autohide when you launch xbmc.

Originally posted by den_breacker View Post
                  Same problem here. In Settings at 'hdmi mode' I can only choose 720p or 480p, allthough my screen is certainly 1080p and I used the 1080p kernel.
                  Only difference here is that xbmc is reporting 1080p.
                  That is strange. Can you write in terminal emulator:
                  su
                  dmesg >/sdcard/dmesg.txt

Then please pass me the dmesg.txt file from sdcard.

leolas.
                  REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                  My devices:
                  Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                  MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                  Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                  Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                  Gearbest.com)
                  MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                  Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                    Thanks! We expect that people enjoy the new version
                    We have implemented a new way to launch updates for the Rom by cwm too, only adding a file in the sdcard or in an external sd , the system will detect it, and on the next reboot, the box will reboot to cwm recovery and start automatically the update, after that, it will reboot automatically and start the system.

leolas.

Hi there, ive tried to copy new kernel *.zip to /sdcard/quickflasher or also /sdcard
                    but after i hit reboot it boots only to system, not to CWM. What im doing wrong?
                    Or how do i enter CWM? Thanks!

ëdit: Or it can be flashed only via "Tincore quickFlasher" tool?
                    Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
                    Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
                    Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
                    Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
                    Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

Originally posted by killeriq View Post
                      Hi there, ive tried to copy new kernel *.zip to /sdcard/quickflasher or also /sdcard
                      but after i hit reboot it boots only to system, not to CWM. What im doing wrong?
                      Or how do i enter CWM? Thanks!

ëdit: Or it can be flashed only via "Tincore quickFlasher" tool?
                      It's flashed only via quickflasher! No need for CWM.

Comment

so means there is no CWM in V2?

Other issue im facing that all webpages are too big, iven im on 1080p and with "small icons" webpages are like 640x480 in Doplhin, FF havent find a way to resize...

Comment

uickflasher

so means there is no CWM in V2?

Other issue im facing that all webpages are too big, iven im on 1080p and with "small icons" webpages are like 640x480 in Doplhin, FF havent find a way to resize...
                          Hi,

it has CWM but to flash the new kernel you must use Quickflasher

Comment

quickflash

hi,tried to apply the kernel's pack but no success,did all as instructed but the Tincore app don't seem to see my sd/usb drive,plese help.

Comment

Originally posted by alinuk05 View Post
                              hi,tried to apply the kernel's pack but no success,did all as instructed but the Tincore app don't seem to see my sd/usb drive,plese help.
                              Hi,

the kernel ZIP must be placed on the internal SD under /Quickflasher

Comment

Found a fix for web page issue !

Works only in FF, if you know any other way, let me know..

Open a new tab, and type or paste about:config in the address bar and tap the Enter key on the keyboard.
                                You may want to bookmark this page for future tweaking.
                                In the search box, type css and then tap the Enter key on the keyboard.
                                When you find layout.css.devPixelsPerPx tap the Modify button and change the value to 1.0 (typically, you just need to delete the - sign). Tap the OK button. Switch back to the first tab and reload.

Comment

Working...
                                X