No announcement yet.

Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone using tvheadend with this rom? I can't seem to scan any channels in.. Works in other roms
    Without memories we have nothing.

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by Decapper View Post
      Is anyone using tvheadend with this rom? I can't seem to scan any channels in.. Works in other roms
      Try to activate the overlay, you can use the patch we made and if it doesn't work you can go back by just flashing the small icons or big icons patch.
      There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Xbmc freezes upon exit?

First off would like to thank the Nitro team for this amazing Rom. I have tried multiple versions of xbmc with this Rom and every time I click the exit button within Xbmc it just hangs and freezes. I can still move the curser. this happens to me with the Minix version, the one that comes with this Rom and Justxbmc as well.

Can't find any info on this sorry if its a newb question just very frustrated. I like to run xbmc without the staus bar and when i do so, there's no way of stopping the app besides unplugging device. Please Help!

Comment

Originally posted by Tutorialxware View Post
          First off would like to thank the Nitro team for this amazing Rom. I have tried multiple versions of xbmc with this Rom and every time I click the exit button within Xbmc it just hangs and freezes. I can still move the curser. this happens to me with the Minix version, the one that comes with this Rom and Justxbmc as well.

Can't find any info on this sorry if its a newb question just very frustrated. I like to run xbmc without the staus bar and when i do so, there's no way of stopping the app besides unplugging device. Please Help!
          If you are exiting xbmc without a status bar where are you expecting it to exit to ?
          To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
            If you are exiting xbmc without a status bar where are you expecting it to exit to ?
            Don't know if im understanding your question. Im using the nitro quickshot v2 rom. Xbmc is working great but when Press exit in the bottom left corner it hangs/ freezes for about 4-5 mintues before closing and returning to android UI.

Im pretty sure it shouldnt take 4-5 mintues to exit xbmc. Is anyone else having this problem? and for your question. when exiting with out the android status bar i would expext the launcher screen to appear? is that make any sense? it doesnt matter ifandroid status bar is showing or not xbmc is still freezing when i press exit. Sorry if this isn't making sense

Comment

Don't know if im understanding your question. Im using the nitro quickshot v2 rom. Xbmc is working great but when Press exit in the bottom left corner it hangs/ freezes for about 4-5 mintues before closing and returning to android UI.

Im pretty sure it shouldnt take 4-5 mintues to exit xbmc. Is anyone else having this problem? and for your question. when exiting with out the android status bar i would expext the launcher screen to appear? is that make any sense? it doesnt matter ifandroid status bar is showing or not xbmc is still freezing when i press exit. Sorry if this isn't making sense
              I understand better now sorry. I thought you had removed the status bar and was trying to use xbmc as a launcher, that way it would have nowhere to go to if you tried to exit except back to itself.

It shouldn't be doing what you are saying. Can you try installing Beyond XBMC 3.3 (not the launcher version) from the thread below and see if it does it with that also. It will not mess with any other version you have installed but make sure you do not have any others running in the background the same time.

Also you should install LMT. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1330150

Go into settings and activate it and you will have pie controls coming out of the side of the screen when you hover there. These will have your navigation buttons on there so that you can pull yourself back to desktop if you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                I understand better now sorry. I thought you had removed the status bar and was trying to use xbmc as a launcher, that way it would have nowhere to go to if you tried to exit except back to itself.

It shouldn't be doing what you are saying. Can you try installing Beyond XBMC 3.3 (not the launcher version) from the thread below and see if it does it with that also. It will not mess with any other version you have installed but make sure you do not have any others running in the background the same time.

Also you should install LMT. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1330150

Go into settings and activate it and you will have pie controls coming out of the side of the screen when you hover there. These will have your navigation buttons on there so that you can pull yourself back to desktop if you need to.
                Thanks flumpster for the LMT app that helps me get out of xbmc. I am still confused as to why its freezing on me. I have tried beyond xbmc launcher version and without launcher version and same thing. Im thinking theres a process in xbmc that not responding when I try to exit but I have no knowledge in this type of thing. This happens on fresh install of every version I try.

(updated) just did another fresh install of beyond xbmc 3.3 and this time tried without wi-fi on and it exited fine. haven't tried ethernet. So my xbmc if freezing when I exit when the internet connection is turned on. Any ideas why?
                Last edited by Tutorialxware; 02-15-2014, 21:54.

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

For me exit from beyond xbmc takes only a couple of seconds, I can't reproduce your problem in my box.

leolas.
                  REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                  My devices:
                  Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                  MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                  Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                  Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                  Gearbest.com)
                  MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                  Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                    For me exit from beyond xbmc takes only a couple of seconds, I can't reproduce your problem in my box.

leolas.
                    Its very frusterating for me. When internet conection is off xbmc exits only in a few seconds but when internet is on it takes 4-5 mintues to exit. I guess I'll just have to make do.

Comment

Lets face it....
                      Quickshot is the best rom out there for x7.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen similar issues on my flakey QX1... but with the hardware issue itself being unreliable, it isn't something I can comment on further since anything could have been corrupted from that. I can say when I restored by XBMC backup that came from the faulty QX1 I saw it on this ROM as well... but considering the questionable nature of the backup... I don't think it is something we can say as any type of validation.

It will be a while ( perhaps tomorrow or so ) before I can come back to checking out if I can recreate it again ( using a fresh install/setup of XBMC ) on this ROM. I'm in the process of checking out other ROM's right now but I will see if happens in those or not... when I'm done... I'll reflash Quickshot v2 on my NEO x7 and retest.

Comment

(solved)

Its very frusterating for me. When internet conection is off xbmc exits only in a few seconds but when internet is on it takes 4-5 mintues to exit. I guess I'll just have to make do.
                          (Solved) stupid me had an app running called hola(vpn service) witch was casuing the problem! Sorry for wasting your time.

Comment

(Solved) stupid me had an app running called hola(vpn service) witch was casuing the problem! Sorry for wasting your time.
                            At least you got to find out about LMT

Comment

Wifi will not enable / activate

Got a new neo x7, flashed it, all went well except for the wifi will not enable.

I reflashed it, same problem.

I try to enable it in settings and it just tries for 30 seconds and then goes back to telling me that the wifi is not activated.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I installed the wrong one, If this happens to anyone else, You may have installed the neo7 mini version instead.
                              Last edited by houseboat; 02-15-2014, 23:10.

Comment

This was the 1st ROM I flashed on my new NEO x7 that I just got yesterday ( Friday ).

First let me describe an issue I had so others with similar setups may avoid the issue I saw. This happens in the three ROM's I tried ( Quickshot v2, Finless v1.8 and wasser's KitKat )... so it is how the NEO switches the modes and my TV model that makes this show up... it isn't a ROM bug. I didn't notice in the stock rom simply because I never loaded the Minix 1080p kernel.

I had trouble that turns out to be from a feature that my older 40" Toshiba LCD TV has... it's called HDMI Control in the TV's settings and when enabled... and rebooting from a 1080p kernel set in 720p mode... the TV then shows no signal. This also happened when switching up to the 1080p setting from that 720p setting it has by default. I disabled the option in my TV's settings... and the issue went away.

I could use the little Minix remote to suspect the box... and leave suspend mode and the screen would return. I suspect ( but did not test ) that if I had changed up to 1080p mode ( the screen would blank ) and then use the right arrow on my wireless KB and hit enter... it would have switched and stayed in 1080p mode and the screen would have eventually returned once the TV synced to the signal again. Turning off the option which I didn't use anyway... was a simpler solution so that is all I did.

I have nothing bad to report save that Daydream doesn't seem to trigger ( may be the screen timeout app I'm using but it has worked previously for me on a RK3066 device )... this ROM has been great and has the features I like. I knew it coming into it since I used the QS v2 on my flaky QX1 also. The device's WiFi is nothing short of amazing... and it works very well in the ROM ( same speeds/signal level as the stock one )

I'm currently re-setting up Beyond XBMC ( uninstalled the Minix version ) fresh since my old backups were suspect. I've already re-install all of my other apps and had no issues during that process.

So thanks to the Team on this one... another winner

Comment

Working...
                                X