Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kRel View Post
    thanks for your reply ...
    I deleted the three files and copied the kernel 720, but unfortunately if I start Quickflasher the file does not see it yet ...
    Should I restart? Can you explain better?

ps
    if I click on "Select your package" I do not have the ability to select any file ...

EDIT:
    If i enter in the directory the file Quckflasher build.prop.no_overlay_big_icons_quickflasher.zip, is viewed by Quickflasher, but the fiile ...
    But the file Quickshotv2_720p_kernelpack.zip is not seen by Quickflasher.

I might rename it "*****quickflasher.zip" ?
    Thats exactly what I saw when I was trying with 1080p kernels. But then I realized that the Qucikshotv2_1080p_kernelpack.zip is actually a zip file containing about 40 different quickflasher files. Its the same with the 720p kernel too.

You have to unzip them (I did it in my PC with windows 7) and pick the one you want to flash your X7 with. Then put that file (extracted quickflasher file) in the quickflasher folder and you will be able to see and flash it.

Vab

Comment

Originally posted by vab.android View Post
      Thats exactly what I saw when I was trying with 1080p kernels. But then I realized that the Qucikshotv2_1080p_kernelpack.zip is actually a zip file containing about 40 different quickflasher files. Its the same with the 720p kernel too.

You have to unzip them (I did it in my PC with windows 7) and pick the one you want to flash your X7 with. Then put that file (extracted quickflasher file) in the quickflasher folder and you will be able to see and flash it.

Vab
      Thank you ... and thanks again!
      It is written in the instructions, but unfortunately I do not understand English well, so I missed.
      I'm going crazy ....
      Last edited by kRel; 04-02-2014, 16:34.

Comment

Sorry ... I still have a question "XBMC updated to 12.4.0 & fixed" is available in two versions: "Launcher version" and "No Launcher version", I do not get the difference ...
        If they work well either, which one is easier to install? And how?

Comment

Sorry ... I still have a question "XBMC updated to 12.4.0 & fixed" is available in two versions: "Launcher version" and "No Launcher version", I do not get the difference ...
          If they work well either, which one is easier to install? And how?
          The launcher version can be used like the android launcher. the other one not, but the launcher version has the con that system statusbar cant be hide on boot.

leolas
          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
          My devices:
          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
          Gearbest.com)
          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

thanks..

I am not clear, but as you say it seems better version "No launcher"... is that so?

Comment

Little stutter while playing videos on minix neo x7

Hello All,

I have flashed quick shot rom v2 on my neo x7. and am using the kernel kernel_1800h_gpu798h_ddr720.img_quickflasher.zip which Buctch in older post mentioned. i have a tv with full hd runing at 60hz.. the videos have a small , a tiny lag while playing videos on mx player, and also while streaming on xbmc. this is not very noticeable at first, but definitely its there. its like the video is silky smooth for most of time, but in between it kinda vibrates.. i mean i dont know how exatly to explain it..
              i am a total noob to android tv.. i follow exactly the instructions being given in forums and make it work.
              so could anyone tell me whether this small drag is something you face.. coz its not that fluid...
              i am running beyond xbmc.. should i install any codecs or some tweaks in minix. when i play mxplayer i just ticked hw decoding thinkign that its better. no idea what sw, hw decoding means.
              so please give me your remarsks/suggestions on what might be wrong, and what i can do to make things better.

Thanks
              Jo

Comment

goonerjo,

Most of the time, when people talk about video issues.. it isn't caused by the system but the network/internet.

So... are your video's local on your x7 or are they on a network or are you streaming them from the internet? If the answer is the network or streaming from the internet... it isn't your x7 but the connection to where the video's are at that is the cause. You should be able to have smooth video ( if local ) at the stock CPU speed without a need to OC it.

You may want to try Beyond XBMC... it's been tweaked out to help a lot on network/internet connections as well as locally hosted videos.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                  goonerjo,

Most of the time, when people talk about video issues.. it isn't caused by the system but the network/internet.

So... are your video's local on your x7 or are they on a network or are you streaming them from the internet? If the answer is the network or streaming from the internet... it isn't your x7 but the connection to where the video's are at that is the cause. You should be able to have smooth video ( if local ) at the stock CPU speed without a need to OC it.

You may want to try Beyond XBMC... it's been tweaked out to help a lot on network/internet connections as well as locally hosted videos.
                  Hello,

I am running a 100Mbps cable connection and i have directly connected neo 7 to the router using rj-45. my speed tests shows consistently atleast 50Mbps.
                  Also the issue that i am facing i said before, is with files played locally too. i have copied a movie in USB and connected to neo x7.. and playing using mxplayer. still the same issue. its very little lag, almost you wont notice it, but it is there and its not my eyes playing tricks :-)

Any optimization that i needed to do ?

Thanks
                  jo

Comment

Networks and servers are known to have lags... no amount of arguing or justifying those facts will make a difference... using a local file for testing is the only reliable method period.

I've already given a suggestion to use Beyond XBMC ... try it... it's better than the Minix version included with the ROM.

Comment

Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

The beyond Xbmc is really slow compared to the minix. Even running the same skin. I like it but it's slow and had lots of friends say the same that it seems like it's got more overhead or something.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by goonerjo View Post
                        Hello,

I am running a 100Mbps cable connection and i have directly connected neo 7 to the router using rj-45. my speed tests shows consistently atleast 50Mbps.
                        Also the issue that i am facing i said before, is with files played locally too. i have copied a movie in USB and connected to neo x7.. and playing using mxplayer. still the same issue. its very little lag, almost you wont notice it, but it is there and its not my eyes playing tricks :-)

Thanks
                        jo
                        if the video has a high bitrate you can notice these little lag, this is something is mentioned before in this thread and has no proper solution yet.
                        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

thanks..

I am not clear, but as you say it seems better version "No launcher"... is that so?
                          For me yes, I prefer the no launcher version.

Hello,

Thanks
                          jo
                          You have all the optimizations that we know, I can't notice those little-lags from local, my eyes can't see them, they exist for sure, but I can't notice them

leolas
                          sent from my phone.
                          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                          My devices:
                          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                          Gearbest.com)
                          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                            For me yes, I prefer the no launcher version.
                            leolas
                            sent from my phone.
                            Sorry again ... "XBMC updated to 12.4.0 & fixed" must be installed after removing XBMC pre-installed, or I can install overwriting?
                            Thanks

EDIT:
                            PERFECT ROM !
                            I come by Hardware Guru 04 Malipatch...

PS
                            As mentioned for 720 kernels, I installed the small icons. Because I'm a bit blinded, I would like to know if with 720 kernels, I can install large icons
                            Last edited by kRel; 04-03-2014, 19:37.

Comment

few more questions

hi all,

just few questions/suggestions. the things are working great with this rom except the occasional issue with the tiny video stutter.

few suggestions i needed, i have the neo x7 and it comes with a 'barely a remote controller'.. it doesnt have the keyboard. however its good enuf for navigating..
                              my question
                              1. is there any particular launcher which is suitable for this purpose, i mean with really big icons arranged in a neat row and i can just browse thru them..

2. are there any updates which are planned in the future for quick shot rom in near future? ( silly question )

3. which is the most stable kernel from the quickshot list? ( i know this is subjective, but still would like to understand what others think. i have tv with full HD 60hz. so please take this also in consideration

Thanks
                              Jo

Comment

hi all,

just few questions/suggestions. the things are working great with this rom except the occasional issue with the tiny video stutter.

few suggestions i needed, i have the neo x7 and it comes with a 'barely a remote controller'.. it doesnt have the keyboard. however its good enuf for navigating..
                                my question
                                1. is there any particular launcher which is suitable for this purpose, i mean with really big icons arranged in a neat row and i can just browse thru them..

2. are there any updates which are planned in the future for quick shot rom in near future? ( silly question )

3. which is the most stable kernel from the quickshot list? ( i know this is subjective, but still would like to understand what others think. i have tv with full HD 60hz. so please take this also in consideration

Thanks
                                Jo
                                1) Minix has just released v1 of his new launcher, I think it will suit your needs. Sorry i don't remember the link and i am not at home right now, i've seen it at minixforums.com
                                2)yes, we are working hard in a v3
                                3)the best kernel is the one that comes with the rom, but feel free to try, as you said is subjective.
                                Regards
                                There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
                                X