Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajamils View Post
    I went back to stock 008 and then updated to 009 version and both Amazon Prime videos and emulators work smoothly. I'm not sure what it was but there is definitely something in the ROM that breaks both things.
    - The Nitro Team while modifying Minix's version of XBMC including creating their ROM, removed a number of APPS that come pre-installed with the STOCK Minix Version of XBMC as well as the Stock 008/009 ROM.

When they did this they created two Zip files that included the apps they removed from the X7 - (Minix_apps.zip & RockChip_Apps.zip). This was a very SMART move from the Nitro Team by creating these Zip's showing exactly what they removed while performing their modification to XBMC for Minix. Some of which they considered to be nothing more than BloatWare, not needed. I'm thankful that they took the time to identify and seperate the APK's they removed

The one I think we should look at "if not done so already", is the "RockChip_apps.zip". Minix had bundled a number of apps for the RK Chip set which include an APK for setting up RKGameControlSettings, etc. I haven't had a chance to reload them onto my X7 since I just starting investigating. And I wanted to let you know in case these files have the answer to what your looking for!

RockChip_Apps.Zip (Located in the QuickShot V2 Installation Thread) has the following files;

eHomeMediaCenter_box.apk
    Music.apk
    MusicFX.apk
    RkApkinstaller.apk - May or may not apply or be needed?
    RKBasicSettings.apk - May or may not apply or be needed?
    RkExplorer.apk

RKGameControlSettingsV1.01.apk - For Setting up Controllers? This is the one I used to config my buttons on my PS3 Controller. But I don't know what dependencies "if any" this has. It may require the RKBasicSettings.Apk and/or the RKSettings.apk

RKSettings.apk - May or may not apply or be needed?
    RKVideoPlayer.apk
    WiFiDisplay.apk

Anyway, I wanted to toss this out there to look at. I know you can download the ZIP file from the QuickShot forum if you want to look at these .apk's and see if they are the answer to the problem. I'm still not satisfied with the current Stock 009 ROM and the XBMC for Minix 12.4 Until they get it right, I don't plan to go back!

So, anyway I have a hunch that there is a reason why Minix included these RK apk files with their ROM. As soon as I have time to test my theory, I'll load these .apk's just to see if it makes any difference with the QS V2 ROM. It would be nice if anyone else who wants to test does as well. It may just be a shot in the dark... but will never know for sure until we try everything

Butch
    Last edited by Butcher; 03-29-2014, 20:31.

Comment

YuppTV app not working on QS2

I watch live Indian channels with this Android app.

It was working fine in the Stock 008 FW in the Minix Neo X7.
      I just flashed the QS2 with 1080p kernel. Everything flows like liquid.

The only problem I found is that the YuppTV app is not working at all.
      The app starts but the video does not. The app is free with few channels freely available e.g. NDTV in Hindi (if someone wants to try and help me out).

I only use my X7 for the XBMC and YuppTV app.

Another question, might not be related to this thread, is it possible to spoof the Minix Neo X7 as a google TV?

Thanks
      Vab

Comment

Originally posted by theknockout View Post
        i can't seem to connect my device to my pc any help on that
        windows 7
        Quoted from the Minix Support WEB site:

You may download the latest tool released by RK which simplifies the whole driver installation process.
        It's a very simple tool to help installing the device driver to your Windows OS.

It supports Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.

You may install the driver without any devices attached to your computer.
        We're going to make it a MINIX version as soon as possible then we will put it as an official tool.
        Thanks.

Link:
        At Minix we strive for exceptional detail and unparalleled quality in products and materials, standing firmly behind the enduring, premium quality of our products. Our products aspire for more through quality design that is built to last, and small but thoughtful details that make the biggest difference.

Step1:
        Choose "Uninstall Driver" if you have any RK driver installed before to wipe it clean,
        then choose "Install Driver"; If you haven't install any device drivers before, simply choose "Install Driver"

Step 2&3:
        When the dialogue box prompts out, choose "Install" twice

Finished!

Final reminder: Remember to SKIP searching for drivers on Windows Update when you plug in the device, the drivers are loaded into the system by this tool already!

Regards,
        MINIX Team

The above information and link come from the Minix support site. You should have gotten a small USB cable in the X7 box that you use to attach your Minix X7 to your WinXP/7/8 PC. Make sure you are using the right cable and plugging it into the right place on your Minix X7.
        Last edited by Butcher; 03-29-2014, 20:50.

Comment

Originally Posted by kRel
          Thanks for your reply ...
          The first thing I did was to copy the zip file of the kernel quickflasher in the directory. But the zip file is NOT SEEN (detected) from quickflasher, CONTRARY eg. the two files small and big icons (the latter just installed, as per instructions)

ONLY in second place, I tried to install the kernel zip file (720) from recovery, but it also gave me error recovery and not installed the file.

I explained well?

-----
          There is also another problem, the bluetooth keyboard, which in 04 Malipach Guru gave not problem, is "forgotten" by the OS TO EACH SHUTDOWN! After each shutdown must be deleted the pairing and restore it new pairing! Every time...

For this reason I also tried to install the file that attempts to solve the problems with melee f10 and other remotes. But unfortunately without success...

Sorry for my English . . .

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
          tell me the exact name of the kernel zip file, please.
          I'm not sure if this will help with your issues, but I read about some issues with BT (BlueTooth) in a different forum. So you may want to check out the message threads posted;

The fix's suggested when you read all of the posts in this thread says this solution works with X7's using the QuickShot V2 ROM's.

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by Butcher View Post
            Originally Posted by kRel
            Thanks for your reply ...
            The first thing I did was to copy the zip file of the kernel quickflasher in the directory. But the zip file is NOT SEEN (detected) from quickflasher, CONTRARY eg. the two files small and big icons (the latter just installed, as per instructions)

ONLY in second place, I tried to install the kernel zip file (720) from recovery, but it also gave me error recovery and not installed the file.

I explained well?

-----
            There is also another problem, the bluetooth keyboard, which in 04 Malipach Guru gave not problem, is "forgotten" by the OS TO EACH SHUTDOWN! After each shutdown must be deleted the pairing and restore it new pairing! Every time...

For this reason I also tried to install the file that attempts to solve the problems with melee f10 and other remotes. But unfortunately without success...

Sorry for my English . . .

I'm not sure if this will help with your issues, but I read about some issues with BT (BlueTooth) in a different forum. So you may want to check out the message threads posted;

The fix's suggested when you read all of the posts in this thread says this solution works with X7's using the QuickShot V2 ROM's.
            i knew about that, and i should update the first page with this.
            thanks anyway
            There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by vab.android View Post
              I watch live Indian channels with this Android app.

It was working fine in the Stock 008 FW in the Minix Neo X7.
              I just flashed the QS2 with 1080p kernel. Everything flows like liquid.

The only problem I found is that the YuppTV app is not working at all.
              The app starts but the video does not. The app is free with few channels freely available e.g. NDTV in Hindi (if someone wants to try and help me out).

I only use my X7 for the XBMC and YuppTV app.

Another question, might not be related to this thread, is it possible to spoof the Minix Neo X7 as a google TV?

Thanks
              Vab
              try to activate overlay and see if that makes any difference , there's a patch to be used with quickflasher. First page.

and you can spoof the x7 as a nexus 7 with market helper, first page post #4.
              Regards
              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

try to activate overlay and see if that makes any difference , there's a patch to be used with quickflasher. First page.

and you can spoof the x7 as a nexus 7 with market helper, first page post #4.
                Regards
                I flashed the overlay, but no success.
                Do I have to somohow activate the overlay (in the settings for example) or is it active by default after flashing and rebooting?

Vab

Comment

Originally posted by vab.android View Post
                  I flashed the overlay, but no success.
                  Do I have to somohow activate the overlay (in the settings for example) or is it active by default after flashing and rebooting?

Vab
                  Just flashing and rebooting is ok, there's no need to do anything else.
                  Can you try to use an older version of that apk? On hulu worked that way.

Comment

Thank you for the detailed reply. I did download the zips but did not install any apks from it as I did not think that it would help. Unfortunately, not all my problems have disappeared as I claimed earlier. Amazon streaming via Dolphin browser still does not work in full screen (just like it was om Quickshot). Though Genesis emulator works fine, something that did not work on Quickshot.

I've been playing with Custom Roms of my phones for years but this whole android media pc concept is turning to be a lot more PITA than I had expected.

- The Nitro Team while modifying Minix's version of XBMC including creating their ROM, removed a number of APPS that come pre-installed with the STOCK Minix Version of XBMC as well as the Stock 008/009 ROM.

When they did this they created two Zip files that included the apps they removed from the X7 - (Minix_apps.zip & RockChip_Apps.zip). This was a very SMART move from the Nitro Team by creating these Zip's showing exactly what they removed while performing their modification to XBMC for Minix. Some of which they considered to be nothing more than BloatWare, not needed. I'm thankful that they took the time to identify and seperate the APK's they removed

The one I think we should look at "if not done so already", is the "RockChip_apps.zip". Minix had bundled a number of apps for the RK Chip set which include an APK for setting up RKGameControlSettings, etc. I haven't had a chance to reload them onto my X7 since I just starting investigating. And I wanted to let you know in case these files have the answer to what your looking for!

RockChip_Apps.Zip (Located in the QuickShot V2 Installation Thread) has the following files;

eHomeMediaCenter_box.apk
                    Music.apk
                    MusicFX.apk
                    RkApkinstaller.apk - May or may not apply or be needed?
                    RKBasicSettings.apk - May or may not apply or be needed?
                    RkExplorer.apk

RKGameControlSettingsV1.01.apk - For Setting up Controllers? This is the one I used to config my buttons on my PS3 Controller. But I don't know what dependencies "if any" this has. It may require the RKBasicSettings.Apk and/or the RKSettings.apk

RKSettings.apk - May or may not apply or be needed?
                    RKVideoPlayer.apk
                    WiFiDisplay.apk

Anyway, I wanted to toss this out there to look at. I know you can download the ZIP file from the QuickShot forum if you want to look at these .apk's and see if they are the answer to the problem. I'm still not satisfied with the current Stock 009 ROM and the XBMC for Minix 12.4 Until they get it right, I don't plan to go back!

So, anyway I have a hunch that there is a reason why Minix included these RK apk files with their ROM. As soon as I have time to test my theory, I'll load these .apk's just to see if it makes any difference with the QS V2 ROM. It would be nice if anyone else who wants to test does as well. It may just be a shot in the dark... but will never know for sure until we try everything

Butch

Comment

Live stream from xbmc favourites keeps restarting

Just flashing and rebooting is ok, there's no need to do anything else.
                      Can you try to use an older version of that apk? On hulu worked that way.
                      I found all the live channels on the sportsdevil addon in XBMC. So I probably will not pursue with YuppTV anymore.
                      But, I have another problem with the xbmc now, I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this.
                      I added few live streams from sportsdevil as "xbmc favourites" to show up on the main page.
                      However, when I watch any of that live stream from favourites and try to stop it, it stops but keeps on restarting on its own.

I don't see this problem when I go to the addon (instead of favourites) and watch the live stream.

Vab

Comment

Nice post..you answered some shyt for me..thx dude

Nitro Team & Forum Members,

(Cudo's to the Nitro Team for the outstanding Kernel's and modified XBMC for Minix!)

I've spent the last 3 hours reading through all of the threads looking at the questions as well as the answers provided by the Nitro Team members and forum members. Some of the issues expressed were ones I also experienced. Especially as a noob for Settop boxes, ROMs & XBMC. Below are a few things I've learned via my experiences for the last couple of weeks since I got my X7. Hopefully this will help others understand better based on my own personal experiences.

- Quickshot V2 - PC Install - Win7 (Flawless - Worked perfect - followed directions)

- TinCoreQuickFlasher;

The first issue I had was creating the quickflasher folder in the right place (on the SDCard). The next was figuring out that I wasn't suppose to put the "kernel-pack-quickshot-V2.zip" itself into the \quickflasher folder. I finally realized I needed to unzip all of the Kernel files within the "kernel-pack-quickshot-v2.zip" and then pick "ONLY 3" of the zipped kernel's I wanted to install/test from within the "kernel-pack-quickshot-v2.zip" and copy "only those 3" into the \quickflasher folder. Only then was I able to see them . Of course if I wanted to see more than 3, I could purchase the PRO version of the "TinCoreQuickFlasher" (Which is a good way to support the developers of that app! I also wanted the Big Icons as well as AirPin. Again, I can only have any 3 .ZIP files in the \quickflasher folder at any given time for TincoreQuickFlasher to actually see what I had in there (or support the developers of TinCoreQuickFlasher and purchase the PRO version). In my case, once I installed AirPin and Big Icons from their .zip files, I removed them from my \quickflasher folder and put in the 3 Kernel's I wanted to test from that were within the "kernel-pack-quickshot-v2.zip". Once I did that, everything works perfect.

I started out with the default kernel (1080p), that was installed with QuickShot V2. Then after a couple of days I moved up a version (kernel_cpu1608_gpustock_ddr720.img_quickflasher.zi p). As of today I'm now running (kernel_1800h_gpu798h_ddr720.img_quickflasher.zip) with no problems. I also have a Minix Neo A2 Wireless Airmouse that I use to play Asphalt 8: Airborne and to navigate my X7. Anyway, I can understand some of the confusion I've read from users who are having similar problems. Sometimes its just trial and error until you get it right

- Video Performance - First Issue I had was with seeing fine video lines going across my TV screen and the TV would go blank for 1-2 seconds and then repeat every few minutes after that. I checked my settings on the TV and it said it was 1080p. I checked the "Settings" on the X7 and it was set to 1080P 60Hz - I purchased my (Target) Flat panel TV a year or so ago. I found that if I changed the X7 screen settings for HDMI mode to 1920-1080p-30 that my Video issues went away. So my cheap 1080p TV from Target couldn't handle the 60Hz. I swapped this TV with another 1080p TV (I already owned) that was a little more expensive than my cheap 1080p from Target and "Presto!" the 1920-1080p-60 works perfect now (Just to the X7 box itself before I launch into XBMC).

- Video Links - Mashup, iStream, Navi-X, etc... I was having problems with certain host sites (i.e. 180uploads for example) giving me an error that I had read about in a previous post. I own two X5 mini's and 1 X7. I discovered that on my X5's going to those same host sites that I was being prompted to enter in the text of the "image" being displayed on my screen. Although on my X7 I wasn't seeing any image. Long story short, I found that the difference between my X5's and the X7 was that the version of XBMC that came with Quickshot V2 had the "AdAway" app loaded. Once I removed "AdAway", I would see the Picture Prompt and could respond, allowing the movie to be played NOTE: I was also having issue with internet browsers not displaying correctly as well, which is what lead me to disabling "AdAway" and ultimatily uninstalling it.

- Default Launcher - As I was adding applications from the Play store I was trying to arrange them the way I wanted them to look on the main launcher screen. But it kept taking me to a secondary screen and wouldn't let me set them the way I wanted. I figured out that the DEFAULT is to list ALL applications in alphabetical order on the main launch screen. Would be nice if there was an Editor I could run to move the apps around in the order I would like. But thought I would at least share this for anyone who has run into this problem

- AdvancedSettings.XML (Added to this post) - This is what I am using in my AdvancedSettings.XML for the NEO Minix X7 (I'm still running the version of XBMC that was packaged with QuickShot V2.0 (XBMC for Minix 12.4 Modified for QuickShot and Included);

<advancedsettings>
                        - <network>
                        <cachemembuffersize>268435456</cachemembuffersize>
                        <curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
                        </network>
                        - <gui>
                        <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
                        <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
                        </gui>
                        - <videoscanner>
                        <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
                        </videoscanner>
                        </advancedsettings>

I've not experienced any buffering issues with the "cachemembuffersize" set to the number I have above. Once I start a Video I put it on "pause" wait a few minutes for the movie to start buffering using the amount of space I've allocated above. I've tried using other sizes like 5MB, 10MB and the default of 20MB with poor results. The number above has worked perfect for me (256mb). Essentially you have to try what works best for you, until you find a number that works

Overall - I really like QuickShot V2 with the Kernel's - Good Job Nitro! So far the included "modified version of XBMC for Minix" works pretty good with only minor issues. I also installed "Beyond XBMC V3.3 Beta - no launcher" to see how it performs with the QuickShot Kernel's. As of today both versions of XBMC I have loaded work great. I've been switching between the two (they both install into different folders) testing them to see which one I plan to stick with. They are both excellent.

Hopefully Minix will take a serious look at what the Nitro Team has created and incorporate it into their own ROM's. The Minix X7 STOCK ROM's (008/009/010a) just don't perform as well with XBMC for Minix as configured by them as of today!

The X7 is a great box and it's even greater by people such as the Nitro Team as well as all the other ROM Developers who invest their time, money and effort to make a quality box perform!!!! Cudo's to all of you, including every forum member who has contributed towards making this work!!!

I bought my X7 for XBMC and for no other reason to start with Although I'm looking forward to playing a few games as an added bonus now that everything seems to be working great!

Also just a quick note: What I've stated above is what worked for me, your results may differ. My goal was to simply provide what has worked for "me" thus far

Thank you!
                        awesome post..thx again

Comment

THANKS to Daemonium &amp; Crew you fkn Rock

I was going through some of the post here. I must say daemonium you offer tonnes of support here bro. I wanted to say a HUGE thanks to you and your team.
                          How can people help you?
                          facebook likes,share links on facebook etc,share on twitter,advertising
                          just asking..and thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattooindude View Post
                            I was going through some of the post here. I must say daemonium you offer tonnes of support here bro. I wanted to say a HUGE thanks to you and your team.
                            How can people help you?
                            Second that mate, without this forum i'd be using my minix to play off a usb and not much else, it's great!

@butcher that was an amazing summary, just to add a little from my experience would be the buffer issue. If you install istream and navigate to tweaks, thry have some preconfigured cache settings to swap for dafties like myself it's a handy little feature.

Comment

sometimes Dolphin or Chrome automatically closing and i see my home screen why?

Comment

Originally posted by Tattooindude View Post
                                How can people help you?
                                Thank you, i try to do my best to help
                                Your words encourage us to keep working hard to provide a good rom!

Comment

Working...
                                X