No announcement yet.

Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today i have 2 restart on this rom when in my Rii Mini i25A push FN+ALT+CTRL+DEL!!! If i install this patch it fixed this problem ? Solve reboots problems with melee f10 and other remotes:

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
      Sorry but i don't fully understand what are you trying to say. If you want to flash a kernel, use quickflasher app. Create a folder named quickflasher under /sdcard and copy there the zip file of the kernel you want to flash, then run quickflahser, choose the file and follow instructions from the app, it's pretty straightforward. If you have trouble runing quickflasher please let me know.
      Thanks for your reply ...
      The first thing I did was to copy the zip file of the kernel quickflasher in the directory. But the zip file is NOT SEEN (detected) from quickflasher, CONTRARY eg. the two files small and big icons (the latter just installed, as per instructions)

ONLY in second place, I tried to install the kernel zip file (720) from recovery, but it also gave me error recovery and not installed the file.

I explained well?

-----
      There is also another problem, the bluetooth keyboard, which in 04 Malipach Guru gave not problem, is "forgotten" by the OS TO EACH SHUTDOWN! After each shutdown must be deleted the pairing and restore it new pairing! Every time...

For this reason I also tried to install the file that attempts to solve the problems with melee f10 and other remotes. But unfortunately without success...

Sorry for my English . . .

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by kRel View Post
        Thanks for your reply ...
        The first thing I did was to copy the zip file of the kernel quickflasher in the directory. But the zip file is NOT SEEN (detected) from quickflasher, CONTRARY eg. the two files small and big icons (the latter just installed, as per instructions)

ONLY in second place, I tried to install the kernel zip file (720) from recovery, but it also gave me error recovery and not installed the file.

I explained well?

-----
        There is also another problem, the bluetooth keyboard, which in 04 Malipach Guru gave not problem, is "forgotten" by the OS TO EACH SHUTDOWN! After each shutdown must be deleted the pairing and restore it new pairing! Every time...

For this reason I also tried to install the file that attempts to solve the problems with melee f10 and other remotes. But unfortunately without success...

Sorry for my English . . .
        tell me the exact name of the kernel zip file, please.
        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Minix X7 w/QuickShot V2 - Issues - Suggestions - Possible Fixes - Useful Information

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
          tell me the exact name of the kernel zip file, please.
          Nitro Team & Forum Members,

(Cudo's to the Nitro Team for the outstanding Kernel's and modified XBMC for Minix!)

I've spent the last 3 hours reading through all of the threads looking at the questions as well as the answers provided by the Nitro Team members and forum members. Some of the issues expressed were ones I also experienced. Especially as a noob for Settop boxes, ROMs & the different flavors of XBMC. Below are a few things I've learned via my experiences for the last couple of weeks since I got my X7. Hopefully this will help others understand better based on my own personal experiences.

- Quickshot V2 - PC Install - Win7 (Flawless - Worked perfect - Follow the Directions!)

- TinCoreQuickFlasher;

The first issue I had was creating the quickflasher folder in the right place (on the SDCard). The next was figuring out that I wasn't suppose to put the "kernel-pack-quickshot-V2.zip" itself into the \quickflasher folder. I finally realized I needed to unzip all of the Kernel files within the "kernel-pack-quickshot-v2.zip" and then pick "ONLY 3" of the zipped kernel's I wanted to install/test from within the "kernel-pack-quickshot-v2.zip" and copy "only those 3" into the \quickflasher folder. Only then was I able to see them . Of course if I wanted to see more than 3, I could purchase the PRO version of the "TinCoreQuickFlasher" (Which is a good way to support the developers of that app)!

I also wanted the Big Icons as well as AirPin. Again, I can only have any 3 .ZIP files in the \quickflasher folder at any given time for TincoreQuickFlasher to actually see what I had put in there (or support the developers of TinCoreQuickFlasher and purchase the PRO version).

In my case, once I installed AirPin and Big Icons from their .zip files (in the \quickflasher folder as zips), I removed them from \quickflasher folder. Then I copied in the three Kernel .zip files I wanted to test (that were within the "kernel-pack-quickshot-v2.zip). Once I did that, I could see and pick from any of the three kernel .zip files I had loaded into the \quickflasher folder! I suggest you start low and work your way up.

I started out with the default kernel (1080p) installed with QS V2. Then after a couple of days I moved up to version (kernel_cpu1608_gpustock_ddr720.img_quickflasher.zi p). As of today I'm now running (kernel_1800h_gpu798h_ddr720.img_quickflasher.zip) with no problems. I also have a Minix Neo A2 Wireless Airmouse that I use to play Asphalt 8: Airborne and to navigate my X7. Anyway, I can understand some of the confusion I've read from users who are having similar problems figuring out where to put the .zip files. Sometimes its just trial and error until you get it right

- Video Performance - First Issue I had was with seeing fine video lines going across my TV screen and the TV would go blank for 1-2 seconds and then repeat every few minutes after that. I checked my settings on the TV and it said it was 1080p. I checked the "Settings" on the X7 and it was set to 1080P 60Hz - I purchased my (Target) Flat panel TV a year or so ago. I found that if I changed the X7 screen settings for HDMI mode to 1920-1080p-30 that my Video issues went away. So my cheap 1080p TV from Target couldn't handle the 60Hz.

I swapped this TV with another 1080p TV (I already owned) that was a little more expensive than my cheap 1080p from Target and "Presto!" the 1920-1080p-60 works perfect now (Just to the X7 box itself, before I launch XBMC).

- Video Links - Mashup, iStream, Navi-X, etc... I was having problems with certain host sites (i.e. 180uploads for example) giving me an error that I had read about in a previous post. I own two X5 mini's and one X7. I discovered that on my X5's going to those same host sites that I was being prompted to enter in the text of the "image" being displayed on my screen. On my X7 I wasn't seeing any image? Long story short, I found that the difference between my X5's and the X7 was that the version of XBMC that came with Quickshot V2 had the "AdAway" app loaded (Ad Blocker). Once I removed "AdAway", I would see the Picture Prompt and could respond, allowing the movie to be played !

NOTE: I was also having issue with internet browsers not displaying correctly as well, which is what lead me to disabling "AdAway" and ultimatily uninstalling it. It was working too good!

- Default Launcher - As I was adding applications from the Play store I was trying to arrange them the way I wanted them to look on the main launcher screen. But it kept taking me to a secondary screen and wouldn't let me arrange the apps the way I wanted. I figured out that the DEFAULT is to list ALL applications in alphabetical order on the main launch screen. There are a number of Launcher's out there on the play store, some of which you can pay for. I decided to stick with the default launcher for now.

- AdvancedSettings.XML (Added to this post) - This is what I am using in my AdvancedSettings.XML for the NEO Minix X7 (I'm still running the version of XBMC that was packaged with QuickShot V2.0 (XBMC for Minix 12.4 Modified for QuickShot and Included);

<advancedsettings>
          - <network>
          <cachemembuffersize>268435456</cachemembuffersize>
          <curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
          </network>
          - <gui>
          <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
          <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
          </gui>
          - <videoscanner>
          <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
          </videoscanner>
          </advancedsettings>

I've not experienced any buffering issues with the "cachemembuffersize" set to 256MB as shown above. Once I start a Video, I put it on "pause" wait a few minutes for the movie to start buffering using the amount of space I've allocated above and it plays through the movies with no start/stops. I've tried using other sizes like 0 (Unlimited), 5MB, 10MB and the default of 20MB with poor results. Essentially you have to try what works best for you, until you find a number that works . I use 50MB on my Minix X5 Mini's.

Overall - I really like QuickShot V2 with the Kernel's - Good Job Nitro! I am running the "modified version of XBMC for Minix 12.4 that is included with QuickShot V2" which works pretty good with only minor issues. I also installed "Beyond XBMC V3.3 Beta - no launcher" to see how it performs with the QuickShot Kernel's.

Both versions of XBMC work great. I've been switching between the two (they both install into different folders). I'm testing them to see which one I plan to stick with. They are both excellent. You can only launch one version of XBMC at a time!

Hopefully Minix will take a serious look at what the Nitro Team has created and incorporate it into their own ROM's. The Minix X7 STOCK ROM's (008/009/010a) just don't perform as well with "XBMC for Minix" as configured by them so far. Hopefully they will come out with a better ROM and an updated version of XBMC that allows their box to perform better in the near future!

The X7 is a great box and it's even greater by people such as the Nitro Team as well as all the other ROM Developers who invest their time, money and effort to make a quality box perform!!!! Cudo's to all of you, including every forum member who has contributed towards making this work!!!

I bought my X7 strickly for "XBMC" and for no other reason. Although I'm looking forward to playing a few games as an added bonus now that everything seems to be working well!

Final note: What I've stated above is what "worked for me", your results may differ. My goal was to share my experiences and in doing so, maybe help someone else get their setup working

Thank you Nitro!
          Last edited by Butcher; 04-01-2014, 17:00. Reason: Added Example of CacheMemBufferSize

Comment

awesome feedback mate, thank you!!
            There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Thumbs Up for Butcher, everyway I miss the thanks button on this forum !
              Regards
              Alessandro

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks to Butcher i figured out the issue with flashing the kernel and flashes the 720 kernel.

Everything seems to be working fine except for flash videos in browser and emulators.

When I try to watch videos in full screen (Dolphin browser + flash), all I get is a black screen. This wasn't the case with stock rom with stock kernel.

Secondly, both Genesis and SNES emulators work in slow motion.

Not sure if these issues are related to kernel or rom. Any help would be great.

Scribbled on Galaxy Note 3.

Comment

Originally posted by ajamils View Post
                  Thanks to Butcher i figured out the issue with flashing the kernel and flashes the 720 kernel.

Everything seems to be working fine except for flash videos in browser and emulators.

When I try to watch videos in full screen (Dolphin browser + flash), all I get is a black screen. This wasn't the case with stock rom with stock kernel.

Secondly, both Genesis and SNES emulators work in slow motion.

Not sure if these issues are related to kernel or rom. Any help would be great.

Thank you to everyone who posted a reply to my previous post!

I'm happy to know what I wrote was helpful to you and anyone else it may benefit. P.S. I had the same issues with flash video's in my internet browser as well which lead me to disable the "AdAway" while trying to troubleshoot the problem. I added that to my post along with a copy of what is in my "AdvancedSettings.XML" file for "cachemembuffersize" that has worked well for me on my X7 and the Version of XBMC that comes pre-installed when you install QuickShot V2

That being said, this is why having support forums like this WORK! And I couldn't have done any of this without the hardwork and effort of the Nitro Team, fellow ROM Developers and last but not least "the forum members"! Everyone who contributes deserves a "pat on the back" as well as our "THANKS" Keep up the good work!
                  Last edited by Butcher; 03-29-2014, 02:18.

Comment

I tried both emulators and full screen videos on stock MINIX 7 and they both work without any issue.

After reading Butcher's reply, I removed Ad away and that seem to have fixed the issue with the emulator but full screen videos from Amazon and Couch Tuner still don't work. All I get is a black screen and few minutes later Dolphin browser gets stuck.

Update:
                    I take back what I wrote about emulators working after removing the app. I restarted the X7 and emulators have again gone from working to non working. They run in slow motion and steaming from website does not work in full screen. Both of these things work smoothly on stock ROM.

Last edited by ajamils; 03-29-2014, 02:55.

Comment

i can't seem to connect my device to my pc any help on that
                      windows 7

Comment

dears, i connect Logitech C170 camera to my box but resalution is only 640*480 why?

Comment

Couple of questions from a n00b

I installed this: http://www.freak-tab.de/leolas/Quick...ickShot_V2.rar ...... and got everything up and running.

In the display settings, I noticed I can change my screen rez from 1080p to 720p. If I can already use 720p, what is this for:

720p Kernelpack:
                          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Note: You must flash small_icons patch with quickflasher before using a 720p kernel

......explain like you're talking to a child.

Where do I get QuickFlash.exe? I'm guessing QuickFlash is used to apply just patches and fixes where as the QuickShot_V2 package was self contained replacement for EVERYTHING?!

I think I also need somebody to break down what goes into these ROM packages. I see references to pieces like....boot rom, kernel, patches, different size partitions, etc. Is there some wiki that goes into simplified details of all this?

Where do I go to see the exact version of XBMC I have installed? (yes, n00b here). If I wanted to install a different version of XBMC, what's the easiest way to do so? As simple as using file manager, renaming my existing XBMC directory to something else, installing the new one and if I hate it, just delete it and restore the original's name or does XBMC put different files everywhere?

I know you all might be biased, seeing as how this is the QS2 thread, but..... is QS2 considered one of the better custom ROMs for the Minix Neo X7? I only plan on using my Android PC to watch stuff on XBMC, nothing else. Maybe some web surfing with it but pretty much XBMC 98% of the time. WIll QS2 suffice or should I look into Finless ROMs or something else?

All things considered though, I'm loving my Minix and QS2!

Comment

Originally posted by SUNUN View Post
                            dears, i connect Logitech C170 camera to my box but resalution is only 640*480 why?
                            Because that is the resolution of the video camera

Comment

I went back to stock 008 and then updated to 009 version and both Amazon Prime videos and emulators work smoothly. I'm not sure what it was but there is definitely something in the ROM that breaks both things.

Comment

Originally posted by gene0915 View Post
                                I installed this: http://www.freak-tab.de/leolas/Quick...ickShot_V2.rar ...... and got everything up and running.

In the display settings, I noticed I can change my screen rez from 1080p to 720p. If I can already use 720p, what is this for:

720p Kernelpack:
                                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Note: You must flash small_icons patch with quickflasher before using a 720p kernel

......explain like you're talking to a child.
                                The info is technical in nature... a child or a new user is unlikely to understand it much... but you must start somewhere

Kernel info ( basic ) see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_(computing)

One of the devices used in an Android kernel is for the display... higher resolutions require more processing power so a 1080p require more than a 720p. If your display only supports 720p or you only want 720p at the highest resolution... there isn't the need to use a 1080p kernel to only process a 720p display since the 1080p kernel will still require about the same amount of processor power to process a lower 720p output.

Where do I get QuickFlash.exe? I'm guessing QuickFlash is used to apply just patches and fixes where as the QuickShot_V2 package was self contained replacement for EVERYTHING?!

Quickflash is an app contained in the ROM... sounds like you need to re-read the first four posts of this thread.

I think I also need somebody to break down what goes into these ROM packages. I see references to pieces like....boot rom, kernel, patches, different size partitions, etc. Is there some wiki that goes into simplified details of all this?
                                This is really outside the scope of this thread... so basicly... QS2 is the ROM which contains a boot image, kernel and uses certain size partitions ( how the space is divided up into different areas, such as for the system, apps or user areas ). A patch can be used for many things, to correct a bug or flaw, to change a setting or add/remove a feature.. hence a patch.

I don't know of a wiki for a new user ... so a search engine like Google or other can help find info but again this is technical stuff so don't expect it always to be in simplified terms since there is prerequisite knowledge you still must have learned.

Where do I go to see the exact version of XBMC I have installed? (yes, n00b here). If I wanted to install a different version of XBMC, what's the easiest way to do so?
                                Again, this shows you didn't read/understand the first posts... as stated it uses a modded Minix version of XBMC. You can install another modded version like Beyond XBMC and switch back and forth since they will use their own folders... so you don't need to rename anything. Just don't run both at the same time since they may conflict with each other.

I know you all might be biased, seeing as how this is the QS2 thread, but..... is QS2 considered one of the better custom ROMs for the Minix Neo X7? I only plan on using my Android PC to watch stuff on XBMC, nothing else. Maybe some web surfing with it but pretty much XBMC 98% of the time. WIll QS2 suffice or should I look into Finless ROMs or something else?

All things considered though, I'm loving my Minix and QS2!
                                QS2 is a very popular ROM... but it isn't fair to say it is the best because that is subjective. Each ROM brings their own benefits... for myself QS2 was my own favorite but you should try each before you decide which fits your own needs best.

Comment

Working...
                                X