Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kRel View Post
    I am very interested in this release, but notes i read a security warning, regarding installation from CWM

stating:
    "... if you are coming from another rom we can not guarantee That the process works properly. It That may be the size of the system partition is smaller than the stock one so inquire before." ...

Exactly, what is the size of the Quickshot V2 system partition? What should be the size host device system partition ? How to calculate it?

Excuse me if this question has already been answered ... I use google translator to read thread and it is very long translate all posts

Thanks...
    If you come from stock rom or from quickshot V1 you can flash it safe, if not we cant assure you that the partitions fit we cant test and check all roms partitions size, usually boot,recovery and kernel images are not resized, but system is resized for some rom makers. Anyway a backup from cwm of your actual rom always is a good idea

Originally posted by killeriq View Post
    ive already asked - noone replied, im i the only one?!

using: Minix neo x7 - Quickshot v2, same issue also on STOCK FW
    Projector with 1080p FULLHD

Im facing issue that all webpages are too big, iven im on 1080p and with "small icons ROM" webpages are like 640x480 in Doplhin, FF no clue how to resize pernamently...

Found a fix for web page issue Works only in FF, if you know any other way, let me know..
    Seems its working randomly, as i load new pages it jumps back to "BIG" pages view

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/981038 Open a new tab, and type or paste about:config in the address bar and tap the Enter key on the keyboard. You may want to bookmark this page for future tweaking. In the search box, type css and then tap the Enter key on the keyboard. When you find layout.css.devPixelsPerPx tap the Modify button and change the value to 1.0 (typically, you just need to delete the - sign). Tap the OK button. Switch back to the first tab and reload.

-------
    Its pretty annoying that all is that big, not really good to browse or read, i hope that someone sort it out already.
    Would like to have i default for all android apps, not only FF related.

Thanks!
    Sorry I didn’t read it before, and yes, android browsers are most thought to be used in phones that in tv, so usually the default point of view is designed for phones. Each browser has a different way to be configured to avoid the phone look of web pages. I don’t know a way that can be applied to all of them

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Fool apps into thinking your on WIFI when using ethernet??

I have a video streaming app that will not stream unless I am on wifi. This is obviously to prevent streaming over 3g. But when we have ethernet available, it is much faster than WIFI and is a prefered way to connect.

Is there anyway to fool apps into thinking the ethernet connection is really WIFI so they will work?

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
        If you come from stock rom or from quickshot V1 you can flash it safe, if not we cant assure you that the partitions fit we cant test and check all roms partitions size, usually boot,recovery and kernel images are not resized, but system is resized for some rom makers. Anyway a backup from cwm of your actual rom always is a good idea

Sorry I didn’t read it before, and yes, android browsers are most thought to be used in phones that in tv, so usually the default point of view is designed for phones. Each browser has a different way to be configured to avoid the phone look of web pages. I don’t know a way that can be applied to all of them

leolas
        I know you can do it on a jailbroken iphone.. User agent faker
        Without memories we have nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by deltatech View Post
          I have a video streaming app that will not stream unless I am on wifi. This is obviously to prevent streaming over 3g. But when we have ethernet available, it is much faster than WIFI and is a prefered way to connect.

Is there anyway to fool apps into thinking the ethernet connection is really WIFI so they will work?
          Searched high and low, and no.. Good luck
          Without memories we have nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Decapper View Post
            Searched high and low, and no.. Good luck
            It seems with root access there has to be some way of doing this.. I will research it. Maybe the Nitro team dev has some input on this.. It would make the Minix be one step closer to being an android tv than a tablet.

Comment

I have a video streaming app that will not stream unless I am on wifi. This is obviously to prevent streaming over 3g. But when we have ethernet available, it is much faster than WIFI and is a prefered way to connect. Is there anyway to fool apps into thinking the ethernet connection is really WIFI so they will work?
              I think they do not block 3g video but the display of video via HDMI to prevent users to use the device as an alternative TV set. The Wifi is working because the apps are designed to be integrated in a "multidevice but one source" setup. Depending on the app you use you could try to seek to some firmware or settings that bypass the HDMI output check by the app. Good luck

Comment

Big thanks for this, installed along with Beyond XBMC

just installed it on my new X7. I have installed witht he 720p kernal as suggested as I dont have a full HD tv yet. I installed the small icons as suggested, the icons just seem too small, did I have to do that or is there another way so they arnet so small? Also is there a way to have more zoom on the internet browser so the search results arent so small? Thanks

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by ryadre View Post
                  just installed it on my new X7. I have installed witht he 720p kernal as suggested as I dont have a full HD tv yet. I installed the small icons as suggested, the icons just seem too small, did I have to do that or is there another way so they arnet so small? Also is there a way to have more zoom on the internet browser so the search results arent so small? Thanks
                  720p kernel with small icons patch is good combo. Icons are not small with this combo. Recheck which kernel you flashed, maybe you confused 720p kernel with ddr720 kernel (which is a 1080p).
                  Regards
                  There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

leolas
                    Perfect ...
                    So you confirm that coming from stock ROM, I can safely flash. Very well.
                    PS: Any version? (eg. 008/009/010 ??)

Could you tell me what is the size of the partitions of the ROM Quickshot V2, in order to verify if the ROM that I use currently (Guro Preload 04 Malipatch) is compatible with Quickshot V2?
                    Thanks...

Comment

The ethernet connection is very unstable. I have tried replacing the cable and have tried other computers on the same switch port and cable and only the minix is unstable.

When going to settings -> Ethernet I watch the IP address come and go every few seconds. Likewise the network symbol on the bottom status bar keeps vanishing, turning white, then blue, then white, then vanishing and so on.

When watching a netflix movie, it often stops and says buffering. I can see that the light on the switch port is off when this happens. It seems it is falling asleep like maybe a power saving feature??? Is there some way to tell it to just stay on always and never sleep?

I have also tried assigning a static IP but it didn't make any difference. The WIFI does not have this problem and is very stable.
                      Actually I have the same problem but with another ROM (Lewy's Hybrid 3.1) and I also had it with all the Finless Roms. I thought it maybe it has something to do with my router. Can you tell me:
                      1 What kind of router/ internet provider do you have.
                      2 Do you have the same problem with other ROMs?

TK

Comment

Originally posted by kRel View Post
                        Perfect ...
                        So you confirm that coming from stock ROM, I can safely flash. Very well.
                        PS: Any version? (eg. 008/009/010 ??)

Could you tell me what is the size of the partitions of the ROM Quickshot V2, in order to verify if the ROM that I use currently (Guro Preload 04 Malipatch) is compatible with Quickshot V2?
                        Thanks...
                        I was changed to Quickshot V2 rom just from my stock 008fw. All good doing like the instructions on 1st post.

Comment

All stock Roms (006,007,008,009,010) can be updated to quickshot without problems. About hardwareguru ROM, sorry I didn't test this rom yet, but if he use the stock ROM sizes the answer is yes.

leolas
                          sent from my phone.
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)
                          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

My A2 works great, the design is not the best for my use, but it is pecise and works well, I suggest you replace it by amazon, mine was calibrated first time and rarely it needs to recalibrate again. I can't experience the battery dry too, so I suppose I am very lucky with my remote.

About the Ethernet, I use WiFi most of time, no Ethernet port available near my main tv, so I only use Ethernet while we make the custom ROM to test if it works, and never noticed drops, I will test it with more attention today, I use automatic IP by dhcp, no fixed IP.

leolas
                            sent from my phone.
                            Tested Ethernet for a whole day, and no disconnections, I downloaded a couple of Linux distros, approx 4 GB each, and I copied some mkv from my PC in LAN using es explorer (about 12Gb) and no disconnections or problems, I saw approx 30 minutes of a mkv (after earth hd with ac3) using es explorer and mplayer, no problems or disconections found
                            Xbmc not used to lan tests because I didn't setup it with my pc to make it. I need to learn a lot about xbmc yet

leolas
                            sent from my phone.
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Updated first page with:
                              Patch to reverse the f10proPatch
                              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!
                              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

The ethernet connection is very unstable. I have tried replacing the cable and have tried other computers on the same switch port and cable and only the minix is unstable.

When going to settings -> Ethernet I watch the IP address come and go every few seconds. Likewise the network symbol on the bottom status bar keeps vanishing, turning white, then blue, then white, then vanishing and so on.

When watching a netflix movie, it often stops and says buffering. I can see that the light on the switch port is off when this happens. It seems it is falling asleep like maybe a power saving feature??? Is there some way to tell it to just stay on always and never sleep?

I have also tried assigning a static IP but it didn't make any difference. The WIFI does not have this problem and is very stable.
                                My ethernet is rock solid on this rom and every other rom.
                                Check your setup.

Use cat 5e cable and proper router

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X