No announcement yet.

Next7P12-8G (2013 models) with wifi issues serial research thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a real shame that all the files for the nextbook next7p12-8g are no longer hosted, this is the ONLY site that had ANYTHING for these tablets.... as for serial numbers, i have a model with 123456789ABCDEF for a serial number, tablet's rooted (impacted), but anything and everything else is basically stock.... the biggest issue this tablet has is the strange partition scheme, giving 1.43GB for firmware, 400MB for "apps", and 6.29GB of internal storage described as an internal SD card (which is strange given that its one chip with a very strange partition table that makes this tablet fairly useless as a result of no free space to install apps you need).

my biggest issue is that something is preventing the microSD card to mount or even register a card has been inserted, taping mount does nothing (sd card is tested and working fine in several other android devices, 3 versions of windows (xp, 7, and 10), as well as two flavors of linux). the strange partition scheme all but brakes this tablet usability. i personally feel like the strange partition table i explained is on this tablet is causing problems with the EXTERNAL microSD slot working.

this site was the only site to host files for this budget tablet, and those are no longer working links.... after reading EVERYTHING on this next7p12-8g here, and searching XDA and several other similar android forums it's become clear that HERE WAS THE ONLY PLACE TO GET FILES FOR NEXT7P12-8G.

i'm sure i've got a snowballs chance in hell that asking will do any good, but is there anyway to get these old files, maybe a shared google drive link or something (make google host old files for free for you, every gmail get's a google drive and 15GB of FREE space to use)

sorry for the novel and hitting such an old post but this is the only place appeared to have a clue about these devices, and i'd like to get a little more control and function out of it so i can turn it into a teaching/entertainment tablet for small children. (these are perfect to give small kids, they're dirt cheep on e-bay now and it's not upsetting when a kid brakes a 10 or 20 dollar 'toy' but i won't acquire more)

Comment

Cheers talkIRC - my great lockdown project was to get two we have two with the wifi problem going after reloading old firmware, everything else seems to go. If I find anything I will put up a link..

regards from New Zealand and stay safe

Comment

I need 8192cu (SMT or 4.1.1 or better) roms.

I have some 8188eu roms. & some 8192cu 4.0.4 roms.

Use archive.org. You'll also find recoveries.

This thread contains links to TWRP Recovery with UBIFS support for Amlogic based Nextbook Tablets. These are built from source, with Amlogic and UBIFS support forked from the Github repos of Christian Troy. Thanks to CT for sharing his source code! I will be adding custom versions to this thread for additional tablet models as I get them compiled and packaged with the proper kernels, etc. Please make sure you download the correct version for your device! While some versions may

8188eu 4.0.4 SMT rooted : https://web.archive.org/web/20180912...188eu_wifi.zip
        8188eu 4.1.1 stock nonrooted: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5A...ew?usp=sharing
        8192cu 4.0.4 stock nonrooted: https://www.leakite.com/nextbook-next7p12-rom-flash/
        There's also a stock 4.0.4 8192cu around. Let me know if you can't find it online, i have it on my drive.

Use the "Deep brick to SD card alternative". It unbricked my deep bricked next7p12-8g. (m712mc)

Comment

btw, this tablets are basically useless. I was planning on using this as a remote for my tv but even that app doesn't work. Maybe i'll just use it as a clock with weather or try and turn it into a webapp dashboard for IoT.

Comment

Working...
          X