X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here that I do screenshots of process of an insertion not correctly
    Attached Files

Comment

can the problem with the driver , in a device manager there is a question mark near RK29 ?

Comment

Originally posted by sizoff View Post
        here that I do screenshots of process of an insertion not correctly
        You have not selected the loader at the top of the flash screen, please try selecting that and flash again

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          There is never a contact app that I have seen. Contacts show up in things like Gmail, etc. The ROM does have contacts sync with google so any contacts you setup in Gmail, etc are synced. But google has never had a "contact app". You manage that within google apps.

As for the other stuff, I can help there. The ROM is what it is as it came from Arnova except I rooted it and installed Gplay.

Bob
          Hi Bob,

I sync with Exchange and there are many apps for Gingerbread to get all contact details like address and phone numers,etc. I did not find an app for ICS. Apps like Go Contacts does show up as not compatible in the market. Do you have an idea?

Do you see a possibility to get an USB blootooth stick working with the arnova 9 G2 like implemented in the beagleboard xm mentioned here: http://antweb.me/index.php/blog-read...droid-ics.html

cu Libretto

Comment

Hi,
            This is working great for me, the only problem I have had is the camera seems to be zoomed in on Skype (but not using the camera app). Good work.

-SB

Comment

Guys.... this is a STOCK ROM and all I did was root it and add Google Play. All the issues you are seeing are the stock ROM! Maybe later I can fix some of these but it is what it is for now! It's not my ROM causing what you all are seeing! It's many things:

As for apps not working or showing up in the market.... You all wanted ICS right? Well it's a different OS! Some stuff that use to work WONT... Other stuff that did not work may... Then there will be some well written aps that will have no problems.

Android is an ever growing OS my friends. GingerBread was released Feb 2011. HoenyComb about July, ICS December-ish.... JellyBean has been announced already!
              So talk about a ZOO! I would hate to be an app developer having to worry about chasing compatibility all the time! Compatibility with existing or older apps as you go to a new OS will be a problem folks!

Let me just state this... the MAJORITY of devices today are on GingerBread! The majority of apps in the Market are GingerBread! That is now anyway... things will change fast and in fact are everyday!

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

For anyone having issues flashing this, I had problems when trying to use Windows 7. It would only get so far in the flashing process and then stop after only transferring a seemingly random amount of data to the pad. I'd also sometimes have problems erasing IDB. The only way I was able to rescue my pad was to use a different computer running XP.

Of course, it might not be the OS that was the problem, the hardware on the computer might have been to blame. But anyway, don't worry about it being a brick so much, as it's probably repairable.

BTW, the ROM is super fast compared to 1.5. Oddly enough, I have disabled the Force 2D GPU rendering option (different to what I do elsewhere), and this SEEMS to make it a bit faster, but that is probably coincidence.

Comment

Damo thanks for the help everything works, the pad revived

Comment

Bob,

We really appreciate the time and effort you have put into making the best GB ROM and now the best ICS ROM for our tablets. Please take any comments on things not working as feedback, not complaining. Thanks again.

Regards
                    -SB

Comment

Oh yea.... no problem on the feedback. Just letting people know at this point whatever is wrong in the ROM is not due to the rooting of it. I put in no fixes or taken anything out.

But as the list of issues grow (if they do), I can look into the problems later. Problem is without having a 9G2 it going to be hard to fix stuff.

Bob

Comment

Awesome ROM

Thanks very much Bob!!!

Comment

Yet to find any real issue with this rom Bob, main thing i'd considered tweaking would be the partition tables, seems to be a lot of 'lost' memory space with only 500MB for apps (ok, not a massive issue but... ) free space is 2GB so that means system is taking up 1.5GB. if your 1.5 rom is anything to go by then we have 500MB available to recover!

Comment

Originally posted by happychappy View Post
                            Yet to find any real issue with this rom Bob, main thing i'd considered tweaking would be the partition tables, seems to be a lot of 'lost' memory space with only 500MB for apps (ok, not a massive issue but... ) free space is 2GB so that means system is taking up 1.5GB. if your 1.5 rom is anything to go by then we have 500MB available to recover!
                            Sorry? not sure what your saying here?
                            Realize just because the parameter file gives space, it does not mean that is wasted. If your looking at the parameter file and judging wasted space, then try yourself. Reduce some and see that it makes no difference. The parameter file is only used for flashing so IMGs do not run over themselves. Once the system boots, NAND is setup per the init.rc and other things.

Bob

Comment

Sorry Bob, i'll try to be a bit clearer, not fully up to speed on the technical stuff but in your custom roms you tweaked the partitioning of internal memory to allow 1GB space to install apps. i have the 4GB version of the tablet and currently have 500Mb for apps and 2GB free internal memory, so i calculate the sytem partition is using 1.5GB which seems excessive and certainly allows less installed apps than your roms.

why do tablets use so much internal space for system? I have some experience customising roms for htc desire phone and that can be cut down to a 100MB system partition with 335MB for installed apps and 5MB cache to fully utilise its meagre internal memory.

Rgds
                              Martin

Comment

Originally posted by happychappy View Post
                                Sorry Bob, i'll try to be a bit clearer, not fully up to speed on the technical stuff but in your custom roms you tweaked the partitioning of internal memory to allow 1GB space to install apps. i have the 4GB version of the tablet and currently have 500Mb for apps and 2GB free internal memory, so i calculate the sytem partition is using 1.5GB which seems excessive and certainly allows less installed apps than your roms.

why do tablets use so much internal space for system? I have some experience customising roms for htc desire phone and that can be cut down to a 100MB system partition with 335MB for installed apps and 5MB cache to fully utilise its meagre internal memory.

Rgds
                                Martin
                                Some is taken by the kernel and /cache. Use root explorer and open /system. It will tell you how much free space there is. For a rooted ROM I try to give more space than stock to allow rooted apps to be placed there or to allow users to put apps in /system/app instead of /data/app which can slow down boot time.

I also allocated more space to /data (user data) as well as 512mb is not enough for many people.

Anyway when you open root explorer or another file manager that will give you used and free space in /system, you will find that /system is not what you might think it is. However for this ROM, ICS OS is MUCH LARGER than I have ever seen before on any Gingerbread ROM.

So since I cant boot this and see for myself, if you can tell me what /system says for free space.... If it is excessive, I can trim it.

I did not modify the paramter file so the space allocated to /system is stock. But if this is WAY over what is needed, I can help

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X