Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it's not possible that I know of and I have tried. The new play store requires .xml files and .jar files that must be located in folders in /system. So to get it on there working it seems you must be rooted.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

what about 8g2

Any chance of porting this to the the 8G2.... feeling left out :-(

Comment

Hi Bob (and others of course), i have a few questions;

1) do you know of any reason why there's only 227mb of system storage available? I seem to be using most of it and I'm wondering if this is normal. If it's not, how do I go about growing this?
        2) is it possible to remove system apps which are of no use to the 9 g2 (I'm thinking here about dialer, sms and bluetooth stuff)? I've removed some with titanium backup but as you're the system de-bloating king you may have other ideas
        3) I've noticed in build.prop ' dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m' should this not be set to 512 to match available memory (I have a feeling it's correct but just wondered)

All in all everything is working well I just want to squeeze as much out as possible.

Cheers, Paul

Sent from my AN9G2I using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Nrtflix wont work....

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          No it's not possible that I know of and I have tried. The new play store requires .xml files and .jar files that must be located in folders in /system. So to get it on there working it seems you must be rooted.

Bob

Hello Bob, just 1 question for you, can you please explain why netfix wont play on my tablet, i have
          Arnova 9 g2 flash with your 1.2 ICS rom...By the way, ths is a wondrful Rom
          Thanks

Comment

battery life/charge

How can I delete this ?

Comment

Bluetooth

Is there any bluetooth stick working with this ROM?

CU GUS

Comment

Problems with WiFi

Hi Bob,

first of all, great work of you. Everything works fine except my WiFi. There is a little Problem after reactivating the screen after about 30 minutes. It needs a long time to reconect to WiFi. The symbol turns blue, but it is not possible to use Facebook or Browser. Just after i switch the WiFi off and on it works again. Do you have any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Tired Joe View Post
                  Hi Bob,
                  It needs a long time to reconect to WiFi. The symbol turns blue, but it is not possible to use Facebook or Browser. Just after i switch the WiFi off and on it works again. Do you have any suggestions?
                  Install an app like "Blade Wifi Fix" this works by some divices having trouble to reconnect.

CU Libretto

Comment

Short question

can this be installed on AVD? if so how? Want to try before I commit!

Comment

hey folks,

first of all, thank you bob for this nice rom!
                      got the tablet since 2 weeks andinstalled ics on the first day,runs as a charm.

however, battery percentages seem to jump quite a bit, when approaching 30% or so, battery suddenly drains quite fst', I calibrated several times, but no improvements. also when loading bat, after 0% shutoff, it immediately goes up to 30% again...

dunno if its a ics bug or defect device - today i got about 3-4 hrs battery time with wifi off dispay 50% and playing scummvm...

any ideas? still have one week to return it to amazon...
                      ch
                      eers, dennis

Comment

maybe you should try calibrating the battery - look for battery calibration at Play Store

Comment

Originally posted by tron1911 View Post
                          hey folks,

first of all, thank you bob for this nice rom!
                          got the tablet since 2 weeks andinstalled ics on the first day,runs as a charm.

however, battery percentages seem to jump quite a bit, when approaching 30% or so, battery suddenly drains quite fst', I calibrated several times, but no improvements. also when loading bat, after 0% shutoff, it immediately goes up to 30% again...

dunno if its a ics bug or defect device - today i got about 3-4 hrs battery time with wifi off dispay 50% and playing scummvm...

any ideas? still have one week to return it to amazon...
                          ch
                          eers, dennis
                          This seems to be the same on many tablets not just Arnova. I have a cube tablet and it is the same great until it hits about 30% than is drops more rapidly. So don't go by what you battery says. My daughters Arnova 10G2 is the same.

Ask people on here they will verify it. As for battery life itself it all depends on what you are doing on your tablet. Gaming will most definitely drain down your battery quicker, WiFi not so much and leaving a tablet in standby.

So lower your expectation on battery life if you are a gamer

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro ~ Android 4.0.4 ICS
                          Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                          </form>

Comment

Guys.... this is a STOCK ROM and all I did was root it and add Google Play.
                            @Bob,

first of all: Thanks for the great work!
                            I've installed your 1.2 and it worked smoothless, however, the 9G2 potentially doesn't have enough horse power for ICS so it's a bit laggy ...

Archos has a newer image on their web-site (4.0.7) so I'd like to try what kind of changes they might have done to the original, however, to be able to use that original image I need to have the Firmware-Updater which is missing in this image. It's also missing in the "STOCK ROM" your image is based on, so the procedure How to install a firmware doesn't work :-(

Any idea about how to get the original .aos image installed on the 9G2?
                            Might also be a good base for your next round ...

Thanks - any information I can get is appreciated!

Comment

I just went to www.arnovatech.com and I do not see a 9 G2 or a 9G3 release?

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I just went to www.arnovatech.com and I do not see a 9 G2 or a 9G3 release?
                                Yeah - I'm sorry - looks like I mixed up Archos & Arnova :-(
                                I wasn't aware that there's a difference ...

does have a newer version ...

Comment

Working...
                                X