Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaimegots21 View Post
    wow that comix pointer white with black pointer looks verry cool.. ^^

can i use this for quickshot v2 quickflashed small icons?

i want to use this icon but wanted just as the size as a pc mouse pointer thats why i
    flashed small icons in quickshot v2 rom..
    Hi jaimegots, you can't use those packages for quickshot v2, because they are specific for kitkat firmware.

In the last days I have been too much busy, but as soon as possible I will prepare new zip packages, specific for jellybean, that will install both standard and big sized comix pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by gio965 View Post
      Hi jaimegots, you can't use those packages for quickshot v2, because they are specific for kitkat firmware.

In the last days I have been too much busy, but as soon as possible I will prepare new zip packages, specific for jellybean, that will install both standard and big sized comix pointers.
      Verry much apreciated gio.. ^^ thank you in advance..

That pointer would look really cool ^^

Comment

Twenty-one comix pointers for Minix x7 - Jellybean release

Originally posted by jaimegots21 View Post
        Verry much apreciated gio.. ^^ thank you in advance..

That pointer would look really cool ^^
        @ jaimegots and all jellybean users:

here is your comix pointer ...and a further twenty:
        (PC screenshot):

Click image for larger version

Name:	21 Comix Pointers - Jb .jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	433082

Unzip the file "Twenty_one_comix_pointers_for_Minix_x7_jellybean. zip":

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

copy the content in your external sd card and install in recovery mode
        (for more details you can refer to the .txt file inside or to my first post:
        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post142680).

These packages are specific for Minix x7 (jellybean release, vers.004 to 009)
        and will install new comix pointers, standard size.

In a few days, I will prepare also big comix pointers more suitable for roms at 1080p
        resolution, no overlay (small icons, i.e. Quickshot v.2 by the Nitroteam).

Comment

@ jaimegots and all jellybean users:

here is your comix pointer ...and a further twenty:
          (PC screenshot):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5440[/ATTACH]

Unzip the file "Twenty_one_comix_pointers_for_Minix_x7_jellybean. zip":

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

copy the content in your external sd card and install in recovery mode
          (for more details you can refer to the .txt file inside or to my first post:
          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post142680).

These packages are specific for Minix x7 (jellybean release, vers.004 to 009)
          and will install new comix pointers, standard size.

In a few days, I will prepare also big comix pointers more suitable for roms at 1080p
          Gio thank you verry much for your hardwork ^^

Comment

21 big comix pointers for Minix x7 - jellybean release ---- Stock pointers

As promised, I have prepared the bigger size version of those comix pointers
            more suitable for users with Quickshot rom installed (version 1 or version 2, small icons).
            If flashed on other roms, probably these pointers could appear too much big...
            but you can never say, no accounting for taste

This is the pack: "21_big_comix_pointers_for_Minix_x7_jellybean. zip"

Name:	21 Comix Pointers - Jb .jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	433104

For the installation, proceed as usual.

I add also a pack that includes different stock pointers (extracted from their own roms)
            so that everyone can always revert to the original pointer.

Here it is: "Pointers_stock_for_Minix_x7_jellybean.zip"

Name:	Pointers stock.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	433101

Enjoy them

Last edited by gio965; 02-25-2014, 19:43.

Comment

Thanks Gio! May give hardware guru rom a try; JB cursors are much appreciated too! Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Cantenna View Post
                Thanks Gio! May give hardware guru rom a try; JB cursors are much appreciated too! Thank you
                Hi Cantenna, tomorrow I will install HardwareGuru rom and will give a look

Comment

Hi Cantenna, tomorrow I will install HardwareGuru rom and will give a look
                  I had some free time tonight and installed the rom (had to root the rom and install recovery too, posted how to link in the trade) going to try you 20 JB comix large shortly and will report back. Thanks again

Update: I couldn't get a working cwm recovery installed onvhardware guru ROM to try. I'm not able to report, sorry.
                  Last edited by Cantenna; 02-28-2014, 18:12.

Comment

I had some free time tonight and installed the rom (had to root the rom and install recovery too, posted how to link in the trade) going to try you 20 JB comix large shortly and will report back. Thanks again

Update: I couldn't get a working cwm recovery installed onvhardware guru ROM to try. I'm not able to report, sorry.
                    I've installed HardwareGuru rom and obtained root and CWM following the procedure described in this thread:

(you should use a PC with Windows Xp installed, Windows 8 could give problems).

I would suggest you to use standard comix pointers, because big pointers have been made, mainly, for 1080p roms with small icons (so that you can have a more visible pointer).

All my jellybean pointers have been tested on recent Minix 008 stock rom
                    and are perfectly centered on this one and similar (lcd density=160).

HardwareGuru 03 rom has (inside build.prop) a default value for lcd density=240, so
                    my pointers are lightly decentered (a few pixels).

To solve that, if you want to try, I have prepared three zip packages, specific for this rom,
                    that permit to change, in recovery mode (also in stock recovery and without root),
                    the dimension of icons (small or big) and pass from overlay to no overlay:

"small icons_no-overlay" and "big icons_overlay" will give a centered pointer.

As usual, unzip and install in recovery mode.

Let me know.

PS: For these three zip files, all credits go to The Nitro Team.
                    (I appreciated their quickflasher patches, applying them in recovery mode)
                    Last edited by gio965; 03-01-2014, 04:35.

Comment

thank you Gio.

Kind regards

Comment

Did you solve your issues with cwm recovery (and root)?
                        Have you been able to try standard and big pointers? and those build.prop tweaks?

Comment

Did you solve your issues with cwm recovery (and root)?
                          Have you been able to try standard and big pointers? and those build.prop tweaks?
                          Yea, no, for me, it was to much work so I abandoned it and went back to kitkat: sorry I wasn't able to test cursor for you. Longer story short, got recovery and root working following tutorial and before I tested cursor I wanted to create a backup before installing, backup went okay but when I tested the restore function I got a md5 checksum error. Then I thought, let's flash cwm recovery from Bob fin ROM with his flash tool, well that killed the ROM, Lol. So then I tryed injecting it by reinstalling again but replace the recovery in the root package, that killed the ROM, then I did the whole thing over again but tried flashing the kitkat recovered, killed the ROM. Lol about day and a half later I gave up. I'm sure its a good ROM but I want a working recovery so I can test stuff. I'm sure your cursors work but there is no way to return to stock on this ROM after flashing anything to it. Hopefully a working recovery will come in the next update. For now I'm back on waser kitkat using your cursors and the latest xbmc nightly is handling 1080p beautifully so I don't think I'll be moving any time soon. Its a lot of work testing, Lol, it is fun though in moderation, fun until the wife asks why I am not playing with her! Lol

Comment

Yea, no, for me, it was to much work so I abandoned it and went back to kitkat: sorry I wasn't able to test cursor for you. Longer story short, got recovery and root working following tutorial and before I tested cursor I wanted to create a backup before installing, backup went okay but when I tested the restore function I got a md5 checksum error. Then I thought, let's flash cwm recovery from Bob fin ROM with his flash tool, well that killed the ROM, Lol. So then I tryed injecting it by reinstalling again but replace the recovery in the root package, that killed the ROM, then I did the whole thing over again but tried flashing the kitkat recovered, killed the ROM. Lol about day and a half later I gave up. I'm sure its a good ROM but I want a working recovery so I can test stuff. I'm sure your cursors work but there is no way to return to stock on this ROM after flashing anything to it. Hopefully a working recovery will come in the next update. For now I'm back on waser kitkat using your cursors and the latest xbmc nightly is handling 1080p beautifully so I don't think I'll be moving any time soon. Its a lot of work testing, Lol, it is fun though in moderation, fun until the wife asks why I am not playing with her! Lol
                            I regret that you had all these problems with jellybean release...but surely your wife is right!
                            If you want, I can prepare those newest series (black and colours, white and colours) also for kitkat release.
                            Let me know.

Comment

I regret that you had all these problems with jellybean release...but surely your wife is right!
                              If you want, I can prepare those newest series (black and colours, white and colours) also for kitkat release.
                              Let me know.
                              Sure, please do. Thank you.

Comment

New comix pointers for Minix x7 - kitkat release

Sure, please do. Thank you.
                                Here they are:

Name:	Comix Pointers 13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	433144

I could not verify them, because at present I'm with jellybean, but surely everything should work properly.
                                Enjoy them.

Comment

Working...
                                X