• Show
Clear All

These are great! Thank you again!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantenna View Post
      These are great! Thank you again!

Comment

"Apex pointers for Minix x7 - Jellybean release"

Hi all, I'm back again with a new series of pointers, that I named "apex".

They are quite interesting and innovative (the presence of an internal hole through which you can see below) and more features coming soon (shade, 3D).

Here is a PC screenshot:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Apex Pointers 9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	433330

Unzip the file "Apex_pointers_for_Minix_x7_Jellybean.zip":

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

and as usual, copy the content in your external sd card and install in recovery mode
        (for more details you can refer to the .txt file inside or to my first post:
        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post142680).

These packages are specific for Minix x7 (jellybean release, vers.004 to 009, both stock and custom roms).

Try them and enjoy!

Any feedback would be appreciated...
        Last edited by gio965; 03-23-2014, 11:36.

Comment

"Apex-shade pointers for Minix x7 - Jellybean release"

As promised, here is the new amazing "shade" series for you:

Name:	Apex Shade Pointers 9.jpg
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	433341
          MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Enjoy!!

Comment

Originally posted by gio965 View Post
            Hi all, I thought it could be interesting to have the possibility to change
            the stock pointer arrow with new other ones (every moment you want).
            So, I have prepared some zip packages which easily, in recovery mode, will flash
            new coloured pointers.
            Here is a PC screenshot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5258[/ATTACH]

Unlike Minix stock pointer, these pointers are well centered:
            If you go to -> "Settings" -> "Developer options" -> "Pointer location"
            and check the box, you can verify it.
            (Besides these packages, there is also a zip package that will flash a centered Minix stock pointer).

This is the procedure to follow (step-by-step):
            Unzip the file "Coloured_pointers_flashable_in_recovery_for_Minix _neo_x7.zip":

Copy the content in the main directory of an external sd, and insert it into the Minix X7.
            Reboot the device in recovery mode and:

(if in stock recovery)
            use the Minix IR remote and
            Scroll down to -> "apply update from external storage" -> press ok
            Choose your zip package -> press ok
            (Minix will reboot two times in recovery mode) ->
            "reboot system now" -> press ok
            "reboot system now" -> press ok
            On the second reboot you will enjoy the new pointer.

(if in cwm recovery)
            use the Minix neo A2 remote or any other wifi and wired keyboards and
            Scroll down to -> "install zip from sdcard" -> press enter
            Scroll down to -> "choose zip from external sdcard" -> press enter
            Choose your zip package -> press enter
            Scroll down to -> "Yes - Install update..." -> press enter
            Scroll down to -> "go back" -> press enter
            "reboot system now" -> press enter
            On reboot you will enjoy the new pointer.

You can reboot in recovery mode in various ways:
            -If you have root access:
            install from playstore the free app "Quick Boot": https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ions.quickboot
            open it and choose to reboot in --> "Recovery"

-If you don't have root access:
            Disconnect any usb cable (if eventually connected)
            Insert a pin in the reset hole (on the rear, next to hdmi port) and in the meantime
            press the power button (on the right side) and hold both pressed for about 5 seconds,
            then leave both them and wait just a little until the device will reboot in recovery.

WARNING:
            These zip packages are specific for Minix x7 (jellybean firmware), don't use for other devices.
            Don't rename them to update.zip, because, if you do that, automatically they will be recognized as an update package flashable in fastboot mode (and not in recovery mode).
            If you give confirmation, Minix will reboot in fastboot and will remain in bootloop until you unplug
            the sd card from the device.

PS: Everyone is free to include one or more of these pointers to his own custom rom.

Gio965
            Gio965
            Thanks for your work of replaced those stock pointers. Is there any other ways to intall the zip file without going to recovery? like using rockchip/minix loader. I got into the recovery, But the remote doesn't work to install the zip file in my Wasser Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by doduong View Post
              Gio965
              Thanks for your work of replaced those stock pointers. Is there any other ways to intall the zip file without going to recovery? like using rockchip/minix loader. I got into the recovery, But the remote doesn't work to install the zip file in my Wasser Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM.
              Hi doduong, my zip files must/can be installed only in recovery mode.
              There are other more complicated ways to change the pointer arrow (as for example, extracting the framework-res.apk from the zip file and overwriting the existing one in system/framework, only for rooted devices) but surely, the easiest way is to use the right keyboard, that is (if in CWM) the Minix neo A2 remote or any other wifi and wired usb keyboards.
              Obviously, you must always be careful to choose the specific zip package:
              -update.....kk.zip (14,5 MB) for kitkat Wasser rom
              -update.....jb.zip (3,97 MB) for jellybean stock and custom roms

Comment

Nine big apex pointers (shade series) for Minix x7 - Kitkat release

@Cantenna and all kitkat users

Here is for you the new big apex pointers, "shade" series, specific for kitkat Wasser rom:

Name:	Apex Shade Pointers 9 kk.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	433355

I hope you would appreciate them.

Comment

Hi doduong, my zip files must/can be installed only in recovery mode.
                  There are other more complicated ways to change the pointer arrow (as for example, extracting the framework-res.apk from the zip file and overwriting the existing one in system/framework, only for rooted devices) but surely, the easiest way is to use the right keyboard, that is (if in CWM) the Minix neo A2 remote or any other wifi and wired usb keyboards.
                  Obviously, you must always be careful to choose the specific zip package:
                  -update.....kk.zip (14,5 MB) for kitkat Wasser rom
                  -update.....jb.zip (3,97 MB) for jellybean stock and custom roms
                  Thanks for the instruction, Gio965
                  I follow your instruction and use ES file explorer, but I could not overwrite the framework-res.apk. I said failed . Any other suggested file explorers ?

Comment

Thanks for the instruction, Gio965
                    I follow your instruction and use ES file explorer, but I could not overwrite the framework-res.apk. I said failed . Any other suggested file explorers ?
                    You have that issue because, by default, the file system is set to R/O (read only).

Using ES file explorer you must go to: Tools -> (scroll down to) -> Root Explorer and (switch) ON.

For the first time, you must click GRANT to superuser request for root access.

Then click on Root explorer option, choose "Mount R/W" and check RW in "/system" -> click OK.

Now, the file system is set to R/W (read and write) and you can overwrite the framework-res.apk

Minix device should reboot automatically, if not: unplug dc power -> wait a few seconds ->
                    plug again and reboot.

On rebooting you will enjoy the new pointer.

This method works but it's not recommended (it overwrites and breaks an active process).

In my opinion, it's always preferable to update in recovery mode using the right remote or keyboard
                    Last edited by gio965; 03-27-2014, 20:20.

Comment

pls can you give me the stock mouse pointers from 08 firmware?

Comment

You have that issue because, by default, the file system is set to R/O (read only).

Using ES file explorer you must go to: Tools -> (scroll down to) -> Root Explorer and (switch) ON.

For the first time, you must click GRANT to superuser request for root access.

Then click on Root explorer option, choose "Mount R/W" and check RW in "/system" -> click OK.

Now, the file system is set to R/W (read and write) and you can overwrite the framework-res.apk

Minix device should reboot automatically, if not: unplug dc power -> wait a few seconds ->
                        plug again and reboot.

On rebooting you will enjoy the new pointer.

This method works but it's not recommended (it overwrites and breaks an active process).

In my opinion, it's always preferable to update in recovery mode using the right remote or keyboard
                        You are correct, using update in recovery mode is preferred, but I used Wasser rom for my X7 mini so my remote and wifi donot work. I tried to rewrite framework-res.apk, my X7 mini rebooted and then stuck in Kitkat logo. Thanks for helping me.

Comment

Originally posted by SUNUN View Post
                          pls can you give me the stock mouse pointers from 08 firmware?
                          Hi SUNUN, you can find it in a pack at post #35:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?10332-Coloured-pointers-flashable-in-recovery-for-Minix-neo-x7&p=149900&viewfull=1#post149900

Inside, there are three other zip packages to replace their own stock pointer also on custom roms.

Comment

Hi SUNUN, you can find it in a pack at post #35:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?10332-Coloured-pointers-flashable-in-recovery-for-Minix-neo-x7&p=149900&viewfull=1#post149900

Inside, there are three other zip packages to replace their own stock pointer also on custom roms.
                            thx bro!

Comment

You are correct, using update in recovery mode is preferred, but I used Wasser rom for my X7 mini so my remote and wifi donot work. I tried to rewrite framework-res.apk, my X7 mini rebooted and then stuck in Kitkat logo. Thanks for helping me.
                              You could try with a wired PC keyboard or mouse, I have just tested and both of them permit to navigate in recovery mode.

Comment

Pacman pointer for minix x7 - jellybean release

Hi, here is a new pointer for all users with jb inbuilt (stock firmware and any custom rom):

Name:	Pacman pointer.jpg
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	433484

"update_minix-x7_pointer_arrow_pacman_jb.zip":

Copy this file into an external sd and install in recovery mode (it's very easy, for more details, please refer to the first post):

Enjoy!
                                Last edited by gio965; 04-12-2014, 02:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X