Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM Download] Official Android 4.4 KitKat Firmware For RK3188T TV BOX and TV Sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d33 View Post
    Use kernel 4029 to get stable desktop and make USB changes then flash 4036

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good idea, but the 4029 brings me at the first boot in a loop between the security question and the bootanimation.

Back to stock kernel ends with the damaged android.

JD

Comment

Regards security question... Do you have an external sdcard attached?... if yes try to boot with out it. It did happened to me in the past when I ported 4.0.4 to a tablet with only 2.2.2 android and a very old kernel source it was releted with mounting partition and it was needed some hacks at the rom side. framework and more.

Comment

[ROM Download] Official Android 4.4 KitKat Firmware For RK3188T TV BOX and TV Sticks

Good advice thank you

Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

I know what you mean, but I don't think, this is the cause here.
          For sure I will take the sdcard out.

JD

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
            Good idea, but the 4029 brings me at the first boot in a loop between the security question and the bootanimation.

Back to stock kernel ends with the damaged android.

JD
            And now I have more trouble. I can't reflash the full kitkat second version as 5 imgs with the rkandroid tool. Get full flash success and then it jumps back to loader mode. The ROM does not boot anymore.
            I have unpacked them with the Poverony tools. Wendal tools don't like the ROM.

Has someone tried flashing as 5 single files?

After reflashing with the single Rockship img file, all works fine again. This Rockship ROM is very interesting.
            Could someone confirm my experience?

JD

Comment

Same for me

Donate to Finless

Comment

Is it possible to grab DMESG via ADB in the 20 seconds?

ADB shell

DMESG > /sdcard/DM-4036-JD.txt
                Exit

ADB pull /sdcard/DM-4036-JD.txt .

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
                D33,

Here comes my DMESG's for V4036 test on TV01.

Normal boot - Similar to V4029. Booted UGOOS logo->Android->Desktop (orange colour wallpaper) flashed twice ->Android->Desktop (dark wallpaper) -> remain on 20-30 secs -> rebooted again with dark wallpaper in a loop. I think it behaves very similar to JDfense's findings because we have the same TV01 (CS968) box, just different versions.

Once the desktop was up, I connected the OTG port to a PC. I used "adb shell dmesg>V4046T1.txt" to capture the message on my PC.

"DMESG_on_TV01_kernels_v4036_normal_boot_take1 " was captured when the TV box started to reboot
                "DMESG_on_TV01_kernels_v4036_normal_boot_take2_pri or_to_reboot" was captured within the 20-30 secs stay-alive time frame.
                DMESG_on_TV01_kernels_v4036_boot_with_USB_OTG_tric k was capture with OTG boot trick.

I can see "transaction failed messages" within normal boot.

With OTG boot, the sound manager appeared to be the same? as the one shown on V4029. Antutu mark 18600.

hkp168
                Attached Files

Comment

So what is difference between your model an JDfrnse?

Donate to Finless

Comment

So what is difference between your model an JDfrnse?

Version numbers. His one is V2, my one is V3, both having AP6210. I have RK3188-T. No sure if he has "T" as well.

According to DMESG, the efuse version on my one is "efuse version = 51". JD's is 31 from memory.

Cheers

Comment

I'll checked his dmesg. It is an ap6210, too.
                      It is a v3, but it seems same as v2. Rght hkp168?

JD

Edit:
                      Two posts at similar time. :-)
                      Does efuse version make a difference?

Comment

Only for those getting no Audio

v4037

Amend HDMI mode code
                        Additional debug

Please test this, report on any sound and provide DMESG

Donate to Finless

Comment

kernel_v4037_HDMI_DEBUG.img
                          test AP6210
                          Boot OK.
                          WiFi not work.
                          Antutu 13844.

Audio HDMI:
                          RK1000 MX Player HW DTS work.
                          5POINT1 MX Player HW DTS work.
                          PASSTHROUGH MX Player HW DTS not work, SW not work.
                          Attached Files
                          GK525 My mod rom.

Comment

This is a true chance and Fortunately you improve kernels and compatibility but this system is stillborn. I mean already dead. Because of Macromedia Flash killed this OS including IOS, Android, Playstation etc. they stopped development on these OS and at the same time they have condemned all.
                            There is some web browser like Puffin or Photon or Dolphin to simulate Flash but this is not really good and never will.
                            This is a very bad thing.
                            Fortunately we have some improvement in kernels and OS and we can can admire the bride but not the wedding night

Comment

Originally posted by mikele View Post
                              This is a true chance and Fortunately you improve kernels and compatibility but this system is stillborn. I mean already dead. Because of Macromedia Flash killed this OS including IOS, Android, Playstation etc. they stopped development on these OS and at the same time they have condemned all.
                              There is some web browser like Puffin or Photon or Dolphin to simulate Flash but this is not really good and never will.
                              This is a very bad thing.
                              Fortunately we have some improvement in kernels and OS and we can can admire the bride but not the wedding night
                              No need for Flash anymore. Flash is dead, silverlight is dead, we don't need that crap anymore ;-)
                              Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Hi d33,
                                Sorry, but it seems like I confused you yesterday during my test of all the kernels you sent me.
                                I read rondoval's post where he told that v4030a kernel was booting on his K-R42.
                                So I decided to redo entire test trying to boot each kernel several time.
                                I can confirm that V4028,4029,4030(all thre kernels inclouded in package) won't boot.
                                V4030a starts to boot a little longer and not from first attempt(2-5 needed) that's why I decided it wasn't booting at all yesterday.
                                So I have tested this v4030a(kernel_v4030_RTL8188_NO_VMAC).

Despite LAN still doesn't work, the rest is quite well except of screen scaling.
                                WiFi works great.
                                Video performance is perfect.

Sound devices are available:
                                RK29_RK1000-works(HDMI stereo+SPDIF LPCM stereo)
                                ROCKCHIP-SPDIF-works(LPCM stereo)
                                RK29_RK1000 & ROCKCHIP-SPDIF-works(HDMI stereo+SPDIF LPCM stereo)
                                ROCKCHIP-SPDIF PASSTHROUGH-works(DD5.1(AC-3) and DTS5.1)
                                RK29_RK1000 5POINT1 MULTICH-works(HDMI stereo to TV)
                                RK29_RK1000 PASSTHROUGH-works(HDMI stereo to TV)

Cannot get DMESG because USB Debugging switching doesn't work for me on this ROM.
                                Is it possible to do something with my internal LAN? It does work with your V3.11a (kernel_RTL8188_HD_v311a).
                                Kind regards
                                CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                                CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                                K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Working...
                                X