Ugoos UM2 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by christiand View Post
    hi there, any news about the remote and buttons working correctly?

regards
    it should be fixed in 1.0.3 which i will release soon.

wasser
    http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by christiand View Post
      hello again,

i just red in another fread in this forum in section for cs-919ii that sentence: "All use 1.8V for LCDC support and to prevent screen flickering".

could this be also the solution for my flickering problems with the um2 on my sony screen 46ex705 in full hd mode 60p?

if yes. is it possible to change the voltage in this rom also?

regards
      christian
      1.8v for LCDC support is already enable in this rom. Can you tell me how i can reproduce it?

wasser

Comment

Originally posted by putadokta View Post
        Everything works good. Apart from the fact that I have to change the default keyboard setting to off every time I boot up. Is there a setting in the system I can change to stop this. Regards

wasser

Comment

Originally posted by ZaGaA View Post
          Hi Wasser,

Thanks for this nice nice solid rom (wasser rom v1.0.1 on Ugoos UM2)

I installed your latest version. You did an Amazing job! You solved almost all bugs, but still remaining:

Wallpaper option in android settings missing.

Remote: great... But some buttons changed place
          - Left, right, up, down, OK buttons: all correct
          - Numerical buttons: all correct
          - Power button: correct
          - Return button: correct
          - Mute button: correct
          - Volume up button: correct
          - Volume down button: doesn't work
          - Media button: now mouse cursor
          - TV button: opens web browser
          - Web button: opens recent apps
          - App button: doesn't work
          - Mouse cursor button: doesn't work
          - Menu button: now Home button
          - Home button: now Wifi settings
          - Backspace button: doesn't work

Hope you can have a look to these minor things.

Thanks in advance.
          Regards.
          Hi Zagaa,

i will release 1.0.3 soon. Would you please test the ir remote if it work correctly? I cannot test it because i don't have the hardware.

thanks
          wasser

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post

wasser
            I use this firmware in my mk908ii and it works great. I'm waiting patiently for this update. Great job wasser!!

Comment

Has anyone noticed that the Rk remote lags terribly some times? Also netflix is really bad quality. Apart from that other works great. Anyway we can fix this?

Thanks
              Steven

Comment

Oh also im having audio sync problems when streaming from navi x or mashup. There's also sync problems whenproblem when playing downloaded files through xbmc and they play fine through stock media player

Comment

Hi,

Nice firmware, the only downside I've noticed is that it's not possible to use a USB -> LAN adaptor. Is it possible to get this solved?

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post

wasser
                    Any news about this update?

Comment

Flash doesn't work anymore

Anyone having problems with flashing ROM after version 1.2?

Comment

Whats happning wasser? Is thing thing fixable? :P

Comment

I can help wasser get the information he needs waiting on him to let me know what that is

Comment

Working AC3 and DTS in XBMC with my Ugoos UM2

Finaly it is working...

I now have fluid movies with 5.1 Dolby Digital / DTS sound with my UM2 Device.
                            I flashed the UM2 with Minix Neo X7 - wasser firmware 1.0.4

Yes, it's possible !!!

Selected in the Android setup RK29-RT5616 Passthrough as the audio device.
                            I use WasserXBMC and in the audio settings i selected passtrough with capable AC3 and DTS receiver availibe.
                            I own a Marantz NR604 Receiver, so Put the stick directly in the front HDMI in port.

The 1080p movies with 5.1 sound that i stream in XBMC really are fluid and perfect to view.

I have to use an Network to USB connector because the only thing that doesn't work is Wifi.

(Update)
                            Now my wifi is working, i flashed the kernel_KK_v4.2.5_TVSTICK_AP6210_HD.img, this is the only kernel for now that activates the wifi.
                            Only problem with this firmware is that onlu 1 USB port is working, the one next to the power in.

I hope that Wasser or someone else can help me to get an solution for that ?

I Hope a lot of UM2 owners can use my findings.
                            Last edited by Huff; 09-03-2014, 21:09. Reason: Wifi is now working.

Comment

Originally posted by Huff View Post
                              Finaly it is working...

I now have fluid movies with 5.1 Dolby Digital / DTS sound with my UM2 Device.
                              I flashed the UM2 with Minix Neo X7 - wasser firmware 1.0.4

Yes, it's possible !!!

Selected in the Android setup RK29-RT5616 Passthrough as the audio device.
                              I use WasserXBMC and in the audio settings i selected passtrough with capable AC3 and DTS receiver availibe.
                              I own a Marantz NR604 Receiver, so Put the stick directly in the front HDMI in port.

The 1080p movies with 5.1 sound that i stream in XBMC really are fluid and perfect to view.

I have to use an Network to USB connector because the only thing that doesn't work is Wifi.

(Update)
                              Now my wifi is working, i flashed the kernel_KK_v4.2.5_TVSTICK_AP6210_HD.img, this is the only kernel for now that activates the wifi.
                              Only problem with this firmware is that onlu 1 USB port is working, the one next to the power in.

I hope that Wasser or someone else can help me to get an solution for that ?

I Hope a lot of UM2 owners can use my findings.
                              I also flashed wasser's minix 1.0.4 firmware, but I used the kernel that came with my UM2 (from allminipc).

Things have been working very good for me with this combination so far.
                              Remote seems to work fine apart from the Media,Tv,Web,App buttons, but I don't care about those.

No issues with USB ports, all working fine. Wifi is working, also the LAN Ethernet adapter.
                              Finally, I couldn't test the 5.1 sound because I don't owned a receiver which such a capability.

I want to thank wasser for his wonderfull ROM's

Comment

Originally posted by jacksegundo View Post
                                I also flashed wasser's minix 1.0.4 firmware, but I used the kernel that came with my UM2 (from allminipc).

Things have been working very good for me with this combination so far.
                                Remote seems to work fine apart from the Media,Tv,Web,App buttons, but I don't care about those.

No issues with USB ports, all working fine. Wifi is working, also the LAN Ethernet adapter.
                                Finally, I couldn't test the 5.1 sound because I don't owned a receiver which such a capability.

I want to thank wasser for his wonderfull ROM's

Nice to here, But where did you find the kernel of that image ?
                                I can only find the complete rom image of the Allminipc firmware.

Comment

Working...
                                X