Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tronsmart S89 Standard Finless 1.2 ROM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Thanks. Even better solution. Will try it out.

    Comment


      #32
      Ok got the Gotham APK. (04/15). do I still need to root or can i install it in stock FW?
      Sorry still newby with this device...
      I'm still on the stock FW and cannot get the apk to install - gives me error. (from uSD card)

      Comment


        #33
        Re: NEW - Tronsmart S89 Standard Finless 1.2 ROM

        Originally posted by Lokie View Post
        Ok got the Gotham APK. (04/15). do I still need to root or can i install it in stock FW?
        Sorry still newby with this device...
        I'm still on the stock FW and cannot get the apk to install - gives me error. (from uSD card)
        Yes you need root to be able to change aspect ratio. Sounds like your apk is corrupt. Download again.

        Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.


        Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

        Comment


          #34
          ok rooted using noderat method. again downloaded xbmc (04/15) from another site. Prev attempt was indeed corrupted... Nnow starts to install but gives error about signature already exist for XBMC and then fails to install. Thought to try root explorer but cannot intsall paid apps (known issue).
          do I need a (root) filemanager to install gotham or should standard file manager work.
          .. missing something here

          Comment


            #35
            Re: NEW - Tronsmart S89 Standard Finless 1.2 ROM

            Originally posted by Lokie View Post
            ok rooted using noderat method. again downloaded xbmc (04/15) from another site. Prev attempt was indeed corrupted... Nnow starts to install but gives error about signature already exist for XBMC and then fails to install. Thought to try root explorer but cannot intsall paid apps (known issue).
            do I need a (root) filemanager to install gotham or should standard file manager work.
            .. missing something here
            Just uninstall the existing XBMC using any normal method.

            Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.


            Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

            Comment


              #36
              Cool done. rooted & latest Gotham (04/15) installed. Audio Works fine now.
              Many thanks for the help noderat!

              Comment


                #37
                Absolutely! We have to work as a team to make this SoC really shine.

                Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.


                Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Lokie View Post
                  Ok got the Gotham APK. (04/15). do I still need to root or can i install it in stock FW?
                  Sorry still newby with this device...
                  I'm still on the stock FW and cannot get the apk to install - gives me error. (from uSD card)
                  Hi Lokie,

                  Is there any reason you have stayed on the stock ROM and not gone with Finless? I'm curious as I have one of the plain Beelinks on the way and I'm kind of assuming it should flash fine with the debloated Finless ROM.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by mini__me View Post
                    Hi Lokie,

                    Is there any reason you have stayed on the stock ROM and not gone with Finless? I'm curious as I have one of the plain Beelinks on the way and I'm kind of assuming it should flash fine with the debloated Finless ROM.
                    No no reason. Just received the units yesterday so was first playing around with it to get to know the device and what its problems is.
                    Look I'm one of those guys that root my phone within 2 hours of receiving it and with titanium backup and root explorer as my as my first apps.

                    I don't think I will be able to resist putting in finless before the end of the week.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Hehe, same here, can't wait to get mine and immediately break it

                      Comment


                        #41
                        OK, now on Bob 1.2 standard firmwware. Nice, clear, proper
                        So, i install last nightly XBMC 04/14, but i can't have DTS, 5.1 sound on it... just 2.1.
                        Same with MX + DTS Codecs, in software sound decode, no DTS or 5.1 out.

                        Few questions, is stock XBMC hacked to permit that? Is sound menu (HDMI passthrough, ...) of VEGA S29 really active? Someone have 5.1/DTS sound with MX player on this BOX?

                        Thanks.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Re: NEW - Tronsmart S89 Standard Finless 1.2 ROM

                          Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                          OK, now on Bob 1.2 standard firmwware. Nice, clear, proper
                          So, i install last nightly XBMC 04/14, but i can't have DTS, 5.1 sound on it... just 2.1.
                          Same with MX + DTS Codecs, in software sound decode, no DTS or 5.1 out.

                          Few questions, is stock XBMC hacked to permit that? Is sound menu (HDMI passthrough, ...) of VEGA S29 really active? Someone have 5.1/DTS sound with MX player on this BOX?

                          Thanks.
                          I have it working in XBMC. MX Player will not do passthrough. You need to enable it in settings - system - sound

                          Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.


                          Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by noderat View Post
                            I have it working in XBMC. MX Player will not do passthrough. You need to enable it in settings - system - sound

                            Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
                            OK. Thanks. I will check again...
                            [Update]
                            I check with stock XBMC / last nightly... i have for both AC3 5.1 passthrough... but no passthroug for DTS 5.1. And no influence for sound switch... PCM/HDMI/SPIF... same result. No effect at all !?

                            No way to have passthrough with MX player !???!
                            I hope it will be possible... i mainly use Mizuu + Mx Player to watch movies!
                            roolmapool
                            Senior Member
                            Last edited by roolmapool; 04-17-2014, 12:58.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Antutu before finless ROM 1.2 -29.5k after ROM install 31.6k . Thanks .

                              As for audio troubles try soundabout app play store then restart.it worked for my audio problem might work for you.till we get a proper fix

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Guys,
                                It seems stock kernel don't handle CIFS or NFS features... Maybe an advice to have it on this box?
                                Or we have to wait a custom kernel...?
                                Thanks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X