Tronsmart S89 Standard Finless 1.2 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rad View Post
    I've not tried the rom yet but I'll get it on tomorrow. I'm sure it'll shine.
    one thing has anyone else had random green screens happening on thier device.

It's the tronsmart vega s89 standard I have, it just locks and a power off and back on fixes it, the video is even nice enough to have stopped at the freeze. lol
    Still getting green screen with finless rom.

What's the thoughts on flashing a rom from another manufacturers, or should I say suppliers.

Comment

Still getting green screen with finless rom.

What's the thoughts on flashing a rom from another manufacturers, or should I say suppliers.
      yes I get that too everytime when I restart it either is with Finless or not the screen flicker to green or blue but u can fix it by going to screen option and choose manual 1080p 50hz , my problem is that the Ethernet doesn't work for me and is a big hustle returning it back to Hk , btw i dont know how to check if my Ethernet is a dud or not .

Comment

Finless 1.2 installed on my beelink m8 (16G). Everything works like stock (as expected).
        The remote is realy shitty though - thats may only real complain. Why would someone omit a stop/pause button on a media player remote!!??

I bought 4 of these devices. one for me (of course), one for my friend, one for my dad and one to sell. Just waiting for a good kernel then i'm shipping them off. This is the first lot from the factory so I guess there will be a fixup soon. We don't get these kind of devices in South Africa yet - not close. We still stuck with devices of the likes of WD TVLive, Asus etc. - real old tech. When I discovered Aliexpress my jaw dropped! Could not get over all the cool stuff you can find there.

Great work guys. With the FAQ and a lively community (Specially noderat & Bob's finless rom) around this device I know that this will be a great product!

Comment

Re: NEW - Tronsmart S89 Standard Finless 1.2 ROM

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          OK folks. My first ROM for the new AMLogic Quad Core box - Tronsmart S89 Standard.
          This is just a start and my first ROM. I did spend a lot of time on this mainly due to learning!
          Expect more updates very soon as I learn more, fix more, and hopefully Tronsmart releasing more!

This is for the Standard version with 16GB memory. It is not for the Elite version with 8GB!

So you might ask..... Why is the ROM file size so small?
          Well this is not really a full ROM. In other words it does not erase /system and completely replace it. What this does it modify /system replacing files, removing files, etc. The reason is we have not figured out yet how to make the flashable IMG with the flash tool like the stock ROM nor have we figured out how to unpack the full IMG into its parts. But nothing wrong with this ROM update process! It does what I normally would do in Linux to make a full system. That is the beauty of ZIP update files! It keeps the download small and update process is faster. However you will need a SDcard to flash this ROM.

WARNING!
          This ROM update assumes you have a stock ROM flashed where /system has not been modified in any way!
          So if you rooted your ROM already you should flash the stock ROM before using this package.
          While it still may work, I guarantee nothing as to how it will work (bugs I may have fixed etc).
          The reason is mainly how I root the ROM. I have modified boot.img to install the su daemon!
          Rooting for KitKat requires the SU daemon to be run as a service. The best way to do this is modify boot.img. Without modding boot, Superuser for KK uses the install-recovery script in /system. This is not completely secure! Even my root ZIP update I just released is not modifying boot.img. This ROM does!
          I have also added files to support init.d in boot not in system.

Features and release notes for my 1.2 ROM:

1) Properly rooted using SuperSU. What does properly mean?
          Android 4.4.2 requires SU to be running as a daemon now. There are many ways to run this as a daemon.
          Most roots so far are using a install-recovery.sh script or if init.d is enabled, a init.d script.
          This means you could lose root if messing with these scripts which some rooted apps do!
          What I have done is started the daemon in init.rc thus eliminating the need for boot scripts!
          This took me a while to learn to do! Enjoy a BETTER ROOT!

2) Updated Google framework and Play Store core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
          On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
          That is as of this date.
          This may fix paid APP install issues but I do not know as I never have bought APPs and can't test.

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
          There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this KitKat release! Some of them did not even work.
          I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want.
          Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer).
          In the zip I do provide you the XBMC APK that came with the ROM if you want it.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
          This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
          Again I had to figure it out!

5) I added the stock AOSP KitKat launcher if you want it. I prefer it over the stock Launcher.
          On first boot you will be asked which you want.

6) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
          I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
          Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a Vega S89! Understand this please.
          I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
          If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
          Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
          Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
          Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Vega.

7) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.

8) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.

9) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. buffers sizes, etc etc.

As always, unzip this download and READ the READ me for more information and instructions for how to flash this ROM!

Here is the download link.

ROM -> Tronsmart S89 Standard - Finless ROM 1.2 (93 megs)

Enjoy,
          Bob
          Just FYI, No Deal on installing purchased apk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

ok today after 3 days of trying this rom I found that the box becomes so hot after 3-4 hours of using is like I can cook an egg on it I will try it with the oem rom too

Comment

Originally posted by nutzu View Post
              ok today after 3 days of trying this rom I found that the box becomes so hot after 3-4 hours of using is like I can cook an egg on it I will try it with the oem rom too
              Please open your box and check to see if yours is a prototype, look to make sure you have:

Thermal pad on heat spreader
              Heat spreader
              Heat sink.
              Ensure thermal pad is in contact with s802

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                Please open your box and check to see if yours is a prototype, look to make sure you have:

Heat spreader
                Heat sink.

Thx for the replay but can u pls point me or is there away how to open it cu I don't see any screws? And than I will post pictures

Comment

google play store bug

Hi,

This is my first post. This looks really good bob, thanks!
                  I've just tried the google play store but the bug for buying apps is still there im afraid. any suggestions.

Many thanks,

Comment

Heat spreader
                    Heat sink.

ok finally I open it here are some pictures Click image for larger version

Name:	1398045666977.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	433571Click image for larger version

Name:	1398045730807.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	433572

Comment

Did you remove the heatsink to make sure thermal pad is there and touching the SoC? No reason it should get that hot but I've seen forgotten thermal pads before.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Did you remove the heatsink to make sure thermal pad is there and touching the SoC? No reason it should get that hot but I've seen forgotten thermal pads before.

Ok I will check that and come back with an update

Comment

FYI I have left the cover off mine as it runs cooler when the heatsink can get air.
                          Mine did not get hot enough to cook an egg but it does get quite warm!

Thermal pads are not NEAR as efficient as good thermal paste. My tube of paste dried out so I need to pick some up but I will be converting to thermal paste. FYI if you get some either make sure it is NON-conductive or if you get conductive type like Artic Silver, make sure you put it on lightly so it doesn't get in the pins of the processor or it will short them out.

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by nutzu View Post
                            yes I get that too everytime when I restart it either is with Finless or not the screen flicker to green or blue but u can fix it by going to screen option and choose manual 1080p 50hz , my problem is that the Ethernet doesn't work for me and is a big hustle returning it back to Hk , btw i dont know how to check if my Ethernet is a dud or not .
                            I'll try that thanks.

On the ethernet, when I enabled it mine just worked, I have mine through homeplugs.

The only other thing I have an issue with just now is a wireless controller I am using, it either doesn't work and needs re paired or takes forever to pair up.

One last thing, if folk would prefer to keep the version of XBMC that they got with it installed then this can be done, I just installed 'beyond XBMC' alongside the installed XBMC and that works fine, I run my addons through that.

Comment

I'll try that thanks.

On the ethernet, when I enabled it mine just worked, I have mine through homeplugs.

The only other thing I have an issue with just now is a wireless controller I am using, it either doesn't work and needs re paired or takes forever to pair up.

One last thing, if folk would prefer to keep the version of XBMC that they got with it installed then this can be done, I just installed 'beyond XBMC' alongside the installed XBMC and that works fine, I run my addons through that.
                              Beyond xbmc does not support the amlogic decoder, you're using only media codec and libstagefright

Comment

Beyond xbmc does not support the amlogic decoder, you're using only media codec and libstagefright

It's not that much of a concern as it's only the add ons I am using that way. All my nas stored stuff I use through the supplied xbmc. Once we have a completely stable version I'll ditch the beyond version, I just hate having to setup the addons all the time.

What's the best skin to use for this box, any recommendations.

Comment

Working...
                                X