No announcement yet.

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize there are some who are having issues, but this ...for my M8 Pro ...is the best I have experienced on a china-tab.
    Loaded perfectly, upgraded TWRP ...SUPER NICE! No issues.

About the only thing I might wish for is more power. Maybe soon with a kernel upgrade.

Hats off to RR and all who contributed to this excellent rom.

Some of my setup.
    Nova
    Dolphin w/jetpack + flash hack
    Total Commander & SD Maid
    Kindle, Aldiko ...Docs2Go
    ..plus the reg games & stuff.

Thanks again!
    Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Originally posted by BamaPanda View Post
      Dolphin w/jetpack + flash hack
      little explanation here, please! i'm using dolphyn because flash support. also, there is some kind of add-block for web, but that doesn't work. at least i do not see any removed adds on web pages.

what is that jetpac and what kind of flash hack do you use?

thanks in advance!

viki

Comment

Hello rrileypm

I downloaded your new version with my tab and eset poped up with a warning:

Exploit.CVE-2013-4787.A
        Pipo_M8_Pro_RileyRom_2.2_KitKat.zip

Any words on it? I know that virus-scanners sometime show some "mistakes".

EDIT:
        From yesterday scan, the strange thing is that i downloaded the KK.zip some minutes ago again and NOTHING was found now...strange

Last edited by m8p; 05-25-2014, 13:48.

Comment

Originally posted by vikidroid View Post
          little explanation here, please! i'm using dolphyn because flash support. also, there is some kind of add-block for web, but that doesn't work. at least i do not see any removed adds on web pages.

what is that jetpac and what kind of flash hack do you use?

thanks in advance!

viki
          When I did this I had trouble finding a link for the flash fix that would actually download.

I think this will get you there ...
          Well title says it all! Modded the Dolphin Browser (The best browser imo) to ALLOW flash support! :) Its enabled by default! Dont forget to install Latest Flash apk Enjoy guys!! :)

Once you have installed the latest Dolphin and Jetpack from Playstore, run the downloaded apk from within ES file mgr. or Total Commander. It would have been downloaded to 'Download' in mnt/internal sd/download.
          Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Originally posted by m8p View Post
            Hello rrileypm

I downloaded your new version with my tab and eset poped up with a warning:

Exploit.CVE-2013-4787.A
            Pipo_M8_Pro_RileyRom_2.2_KitKat.zip

Any words on it? I know that virus-scanners sometime show some "mistakes".
            Eset sometimes notice virusses that ain't there. Put the same file trough another brand scanner and there is nothing. It's just to jumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaPanda View Post
              When I did this I had trouble finding a link for the flash fix that would actually download.

I think this will get you there ...
              Well title says it all! Modded the Dolphin Browser (The best browser imo) to ALLOW flash support! :) Its enabled by default! Dont forget to install Latest Flash apk Enjoy guys!! :)

Once you have installed the latest Dolphin and Jetpack from Playstore, run the downloaded apk from within ES file mgr. or Total Commander. It would have been downloaded to 'Download' in mnt/internal sd/download.
              here a working download for the hacked flashplayer: https://mega.co.nz/#!gF8xhCAb!AHJ9ZM...NMVzWlZ24YWhwI

install hacked flash-player, dolphin browser and jetpack.
              enable jetpack in dolphin "settings"
              set flash-player as always active in "settings -> web-contend"

Comment

thanks guys, i'll try it. hope i'll not make too much damage!

Comment

Hi,

It seems that Pipo has officially a new KitKat firmware : http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=Pr...&type=2&id=269

Comment

Originally posted by mryeo View Post
                    i took quite awhile to unbrick the nand.. may i just ask by short pinning it is basically just tab still or putting some force against it?
                    imho, that is version which is used for this very same fw that is on fist page. maybe, this one that you linked, is FINAL, and we are using BETA.

Comment

I will check it out today....thanks.
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        I will check it out today....thanks.
                        I have downloaded it and it's really the same :

ro.build.display.id=rk3188-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.root.20140225.141712 test-keys
                        ro.build.version.incremental=eng.root.20140225.141 712
                        ro.build.version.sdk=19
                        ro.build.version.codename=REL
                        ro.build.version.release=4.4.2
                        ro.build.date=2014年 02月 25日 星期二 14:17:47 CST

so now beta is official !

Comment

Comment

Downloads App FC

Help! Whenever i open the downloads application, 'process.android.media' stopped working. I already tried flashing a couple of times using different parameters but it's still the same.

Comment

That's a known issue. It will download but you can't run the app.
                              Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

deep sleep

Hi,

I have after a few days running kitkat perfectly . Now it is going in to deep sleep in the stanby mode. I am going back tot the old rom.

I hope someone find the solution soon.

The serie nr. M8PRON1310210

Comment

Working...
                                X