Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 CWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Not sure why your having sensor problems. No one else is or has reported it and trust we have had quite a few gamers hammer on this ROM. It works fine on my 10G2 as well.
    Have you installed something or modified something that changed it? Build.prop changes can effect how the sensors work! Bottom line, after all the testing by many people, the ROM has no sensor issues out of the box.

Oh and FWI, the Arnova does not have a physical magnetic sensor! Some app report it does (because it has to) but in fact it doesnt have the hardware.

As for the camera. I have stated that the stock camera APP will not record video. But if you use other camera apps they usually work. Skype for instance works. There are other camera apps that will also take video. The problem is with the stock camera app from the Cube and the Arnova hardware.

Bob
    thanks for the help...i dont think i have installed anything that changed the build prop, but if the issue keeps i will reflash the rom. thanks again
    Thanks soooooo much!! You are awesome!
    Need a graphic artist for games, want a sketch, painting, pm me and we can work something out!
    FREAKTAB is FREAKIN' AMAZING!
    Kyle

Comment

Google Chrome

Good Evening

I was wondering if any one had managed to get Google Chrome running on there 10G2

My Model is GT-P7510
      Android Version 2.3.1
      Kernel Version 2.6.32.27
      root@sc-server-desktop #13

Build Number
      Finless FreakTab V21 CWM
      HTJ85B.UEKMP

Thank you in advance
      Simon

Comment

Chrome on Android requires ICS or better. I am not aware of anything other than Gingerbread running on the 10G2.

Finless' GingerComb is Gingerbread with a Honeycomb style launcher embedded.

H

Sent into the innertubes from my Rezound via Tapatalk
        Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
        HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
        Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

First a BIG thank you to all the devs, and most certainly BOB!!! Great rom!!!!

Here is one thing I noticed, when I insert a USB thumb drive it sees it just fine and I can move files and install from it, however the notification for safe removal (Unmount) disappears and all I can do is just pull it out. it then throws a fit about making sure I unmount before removal. Is there an unmount option I am missing somewhere?

Thanks again for all your hard work!!!!!!

Thanks

Geeve

Comment

Known issue with Honeycomb style launcher.
            So petrus made a unmount widget

It will unmount it for you BUT you will still get an error message when you pull the stick out.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Known issue with Honeycomb style launcher.
              So petrus made a unmount widget

It will unmount it for you BUT you will still get an error message when you pull the stick out.

Bob
              Right on! Thanks Bob, I can live with the error. I just wasn't sure if it was known or not.

Thanks

Geeve

Comment

Dowload File Failed

Bob im flashing the latest 2.1 on my stepsons 10G2 and ive run into some problems first the IDB kept failing so after a few tries i got the IDB to rease but when i tried to flash the writing data to flash makes it up to about 175100 out of 248924 to be written and it tells me download failed. Tried starting over but all ive got is power light on but black screen. Can you help me out here any suggestions? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by anthonycar9 View Post
                  Bob im flashing the latest 2.1 on my stepsons 10G2 and ive run into some problems first the IDB kept failing so after a few tries i got the IDB to rease but when i tried to flash the writing data to flash makes it up to about 175100 out of 248924 to be written and it tells me download failed. Tried starting over but all ive got is power light on but black screen. Can you help me out here any suggestions? thanks
                  UPDATE:
                  I was able to get the 1.5 rom to succesfully "flash' but the screen is still just totally Black then i tried to reflash the 2.1 Rom and it just failed midway? All seems fine in device manage, rockchip tool recognizes the tab fine, IM stumped and lost sending up smoke signals can i get a rescue?

Comment

Everytime this has come up, it is a problem with the PC and the USB port. Try another USB port and make sure you are not going through a USB hub.

Bob

Comment

Everytime this has come up, it is a problem with the PC and the USB port. Try another USB port and make sure you are not going through a USB hub.

Bob
                      I tried it on my home computer this time (i was on my laptop and i got the same results well actually i made it past the dowloading of files but at the end when the RKtool was doing a check on the files it said Download failed, something to note dont know if its of any importance but i notice that on my laptop the file size is somewhere around like 258000 but i downloaded the same file 2.1 onto my pc just now to flash and the file size in the tool was something like 300000 and something, well do you have a link to the original 10G2 firmware ill try getting the stock firmware back on it. thanks

Comment

None of that makes sense. It's a a ZIP file. If your download was bad then you would not be able to unzip the ROM kit and you would get a BAD ZIP file error when trying.

You can get the stock ROM from Arnova

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! arnovatech.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf arnovatech.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Bob

Comment

None of that makes sense. It's a a ZIP file. If your download was bad then you would not be able to unzip the ROM kit and you would get a BAD ZIP file error when trying.

You can get the stock ROM from Arnova

www.arnovatech.com

Bob
                          Bob here's a snip of the RKtool this is what im getting this one is of the 1.5 i tried to flash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	429063

Comment

Check the instructions in the readme.txt. Isn't loader supposed to be unchecked?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
                            "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

Originally posted by Gamer819 View Post
                              Check the instructions in the readme.txt. Isn't loader supposed to be unchecked?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
                              Thanks but you got it wrong ,loader is supposted to be ckecked its the back-up thats to be left unchecked

Comment

Unless I have a different one line 4 under flashing rom in Bob's readme first
                                "4) OK all of the check boxes on the left should be checked EXCEPT Loader and backup."
                                "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

Working...
                                X