No announcement yet.

Arnova 10G2 Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 CWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either way thats not the problem. Whenever you see this it means some data problem over USB happened while flashing. This is why when it is checking the flash to see if it is good your getting an error.

If you have flashed before OK then something has changed with your PC config that is causing USB issues.

Are you able to flash any of my ROMs right now? If you cannot even flash 1.5 then you are having some kind of USB issue.

Unplug other USB devices, try different USB ports like on the back of the PC instead of the front which might be going through a USB hub, etc etc..

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Either way thats not the problem. Whenever you see this it means some data problem over USB happened while flashing. This is why when it is checking the flash to see if it is good your getting an error.

If you have flashed before OK then something has changed with your PC config that is causing USB issues.

Are you able to flash any of my ROMs right now? If you cannot even flash 1.5 then you are having some kind of USB issue.

Unplug other USB devices, try different USB ports like on the back of the PC instead of the front which might be going through a USB hub, etc etc..

Bob
      i was able to flash 1.5 earlier but i still got black screen like the tablet was still in flash mode, when i swtched over to my PC to flash i noticed when i unplugged the tablet to move it, it (the tablet) went completely dead power wouldnt go on (no green or red light ) but when i plugged it back in green light came back on and when i plugged it up to computer device manager and RKtoll found the device however when i looked in the Drive Storage area of my computer no tablet /external drive is present, do you think i may have a hardware failure?

Comment

Problem loading widget

Hi , well I followed the instructions and everything semed to go ok

When I rebooted (and worked out how to get past screen lock)
        I have 2 black squares both saying Problem loading widget.

Any ideas ?

I do have a camera and a settings icon as well

oh and the bar at the bottom

Comment

Just press and hold the blank widgets and remove them. The are just old file icons

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
          Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
          </form>

Comment

As part of debloating the ROM those blank widgets are left over. If you use APP injector and put back
            Protips
            task manager

And reboot, those widgets will be there.

If you dont want them, then just do what Damo said and delete them from the screen.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

cheers guys fast response :-)

Comment

Originally posted by anthonycar9 View Post
                i was able to flash 1.5 earlier but i still got black screen like the tablet was still in flash mode, when i swtched over to my PC to flash i noticed when i unplugged the tablet to move it, it (the tablet) went completely dead power wouldnt go on (no green or red light ) but when i plugged it back in green light came back on and when i plugged it up to computer device manager and RKtoll found the device however when i looked in the Drive Storage area of my computer no tablet /external drive is present, do you think i may have a hardware failure?
                did you make sure it was fully charged before you tried flashing it? and i know this is irrevelant but in the readme it in fact does say they are supposed to be unchecked. im sure you will be able to figure it out if you just keep trying different things (;
                good luck
                Thanks soooooo much!! You are awesome!
                Need a graphic artist for games, want a sketch, painting, pm me and we can work something out!
                FREAKTAB is FREAKIN' AMAZING!
                Kyle

Comment

Problem with app icons reverting to android default

I recently flashed 2.2a version on my 10g2 and ive gotta say I am loving it. The only issue I have had is if the tablet is rebooted (properly or forced) about 50% of the app icons change from the creators to an android standard and the only way to fix it is to delete the icon from the screen and replace them.

Any ideas as to why or if there is a fix for it
                  ?

Comment

Originally posted by craggad View Post
                    I recently flashed 2.2a version on my 10g2 and ive gotta say I am loving it. The only issue I have had is if the tablet is rebooted (properly or forced) about 50% of the app icons change from the creators to an android standard and the only way to fix it is to delete the icon from the screen and replace them.

Any ideas as to why or if there is a fix for it
                    ?
                    Applications which you have moved to the sdcard will do that. There's enough internal memory for you not to have to move apps to the sdcard.
                    Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                    HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                    Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

@cragged
                      As a workaround, instead of deleting the icon, try restarting the launcher after everything finished loading (menu entry for this is in the launcher settings), that worked for me.

Comment

Thank you

Thanks for the replies, as you can probably tell i am new to all this (feel free to point at me and shout noob)

Comment

Dont worry we are all noobs when we start. You will get the hang of it soon. I didn't know how to do anything when I first started and I'm sure damo, finless, or anybody could tell you about that. But I'm starting to get the hang of it so just hang in there.

Also for finless I, along with a lot of other people do agree, that a cm7 or full honeycomb would be amazing. On the other hand you have a lot of stuff that I'm sure is more important so don't feel like you need to do this. You are the master so you decide what should come first (;

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
                          Need a graphic artist for games, want a sketch, painting, pm me and we can work something out!
                          Kyle

Comment

Huawei 3G stick

Hello,

Have any of you guys discovered a workaround to use 3G stick with this awesome ROM?

I really want to install it but also need for business purposes 3G access...

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi to everyone

First, i'd like to thank Finless for this amazing rom ! Really fast and easy to install !

I have only some question about this rom...does bluetooth usb dongles work (if with CSR chipset as i read on arctablet blog) ?

Thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by micheclb.arnova View Post
                                Hi to everyone

First, i'd like to thank Finless for this amazing rom ! Really fast and easy to install !

I have only some question about this rom...does bluetooth usb dongles work (if with CSR chipset as i read on arctablet blog) ?

Thank you in advance
                                Originally posted by LuisF View Post
                                Hello,

Have any of you guys discovered a workaround to use 3G stick with this awesome ROM?

I really want to install it but also need for business purposes 3G access...

Thanks in advance!
                                First, if you have the Bluetooth USB dongles then you should talk to finless, damo, Harold, and everybody else if you have them. This was a work in progress but since no one had them they stopped making progress with it. So if you make another post or pm them they will probably be really greatfull you have them. You would need to get them logcats for it but they can explain it in more detail.

Second, do you have the 3g stick? If you do its the same as above. They would love your support in getting these to work.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
                                Kyle

Comment

Working...
                                X