Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polaroid PTAB7XC Ice-Cream Sandwich Tablet (Google Play Needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie questions

I am relatively tech savvy but brand new to tablets. I have a 2gig microSD card installed (had a few lying around, will go bigger at some point). My questions deal with file management. When I plug mine into my PC and then choose "turn on usb storage", my PC shows two instances of removable disks. One has folders like music, movies, ringtones, kindle, etc. The second has only one folder, "lost.dir". Both show they are 2 gigs. The internal memory for this is supposed to be 4 gigs, and I show nothing that is 4 gigs. I'm thinking I need to unlock the internal storage to read / write rather than read only, but I don't know how. And why would I show two 2 gig removable devices? Thanks in advance for any light you guys can shed.

Comment

The internal is only 2gb and not 4gb, I believe that it may either have been labeled wrong on the box, or 2gb out of 4gb is actually for the stock installed things and only 2gb is available after the stock f/w and installed apps from factory..

The one with the lost.dir is your SD card (you could make a .txt file on the SD card one and name it SD CARD.txt just so you'll know in the future until you get a bigger SD card.)

Comment

Originally posted by diabls View Post
        The internal is only 2gb and not 4gb, I believe that it may either have been labeled wrong on the box, or 2gb out of 4gb is actually for the stock installed things and only 2gb is available after the stock f/w and installed apps from factory..

The one with the lost.dir is your SD card (you could make a .txt file on the SD card one and name it SD CARD.txt just so you'll know in the future until you get a bigger SD card.)
        Yes, thanks. This is exactly correct.

Comment

PTAB7XC

Hi I'm new here and just found this forum. I just bought this tablet from Kohl's, very nice cheap tablet for the road and the kids for $60 net cost. I was able to install a few apps and games via apk. The youtube app (2.4.4) works much better than the youtube web link out of the box. I'm hoping to play around with this some more and get Play installed. It's too bad Temple Run doesn't detect the tilt on this tablet, since it actually seem to render the game pretty smoothly.

Ran some benchmarks and got these results.

Antutu 2.8.2
          Total score: 2630
          CPU: 772
          GPU: 1119
          RAM: 381
          I/O: 358

Quadrant (2.1.1): 1779

Comment

I am not overly tech savy but I am learning as much as I can each day while trying not to break anything beyond repair. My thoughts are that it seems that the 4gb of internal memory is partitioned into 2 x 2gb segments. I see both with different amounts of space used/remaining when I click on storage under the setting menu along with my microSD card (which never seems to change its size?). I am not sure what/why one stores one place and the other stores the at the other, but I think you have 4gb it has been halved which seems weird to me at least.

Comment

battery life

What should my battery life be like? For example, I show 97% remaining but the estimated time is under 1 hour. Can that be improved?

Comment

If it's new you should charge it up fully and let it rest for about 15 mins turned off, then use it until it dies all the way.. Let it rest for 15 mins and then fully charge it again.. Do that about 5 times and then you can charge it when it's half way dead and so on.. That will exercise the battery and make it healthy..

I know when messing with mine the other day I got about 4 1/2 hours messing with it almost straight the other morning. I was installing some small apps and just messing with a few things the whole time. Games will use a ton more battery and all, I half my screen brightness a little under half way

Comment

Photo viewing

What's the best way to view photos stored on the tablet. On my PC, if I click on a photo it loads with Picasa and the entire folder can be viewed in sideshow by clicking the arrow. I can't seem to find any app that replicates this for photos stored on the tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia_DC View Post
                    What should my battery life be like? For example, I show 97% remaining but the estimated time is under 1 hour. Can that be improved?
                    Others here are wiser than I, but I believe the 97% is how much battery you have left but I think the other thing you are seeing might be how long you have been using your tablet. On mine, when I look, it usually shows the % and then I can also see a number in time format that usually is about the time I have had my tablet on or how long it has been in use since I turned it on. I could be wrong about what you and I are seeing (different things) but I wanted to offer that as a possible answer. If you had left it turned on but not had Wi-Fi on or doing other power draining things like games, etc. (See Diabls post) I think it could show 97% and have only been on for under an hour. I hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia_DC View Post
                      What's the best way to view photos stored on the tablet. On my PC, if I click on a photo it loads with Picasa and the entire folder can be viewed in sideshow by clicking the arrow. I can't seem to find any app that replicates this for photos stored on the tablet.
                      Use the built-in Gallery to view the photos that you copy and store on the tablet.

Comment

Not getting Google Play to load

Hello Helpful Ones. I've been lurking around these threads with interest and now must ask for help. I'm trying to implement LiquidLimex's fix, but have run into at least one difficulty. When I plug in my tablet to my computer via USB, my computer tells me that "No Driver was Found" for the Android. I'm not sure how to point my machine to the drivers included in LiquidLimez's folders--or if that's even what I should do; nor do I even know *which* driver I should point to.

I did try to continue without pointing to the driver(s), but when I ran the RunMe.bat file, it (the dos window) told me "device not detected" or words to that effect. So kind of lost for now...

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I should have read diabls post 2 more closely. I didn't realize I could move those files over and they'd run from the device. Cool. So I'm learning stuff. Really like my tablet, too....
                        Last edited by SkaterRingo; 06-30-2012, 06:09. Reason: False alarm

Comment

I cannot download from Google market, but can on Slideme

Hi all,

I performed the manufacture firmware update on my PTAB7XC and the Market fix by Liquidlimez. I got Google market and gmail and maps. Everything seems to work ok except downloading anything from the Google market. I tried angry birds and it gives a message that says"canoot download because of a error".

I can download from Slideme market and run the angry bird game. Any one have any ideas?

Bt the way the ID for my tablet says PMID not PTAB in settings. Did I install the wrong version og market fix by Liquidlimez? I thought there is only one version available.

Any ideas from anyone.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by NewTabGuy View Post
                            Others here are wiser than I, but I believe the 97% is how much battery you have left but I think the other thing you are seeing might be how long you have been using your tablet. On mine, when I look, it usually shows the % and then I can also see a number in time format that usually is about the time I have had my tablet on or how long it has been in use since I turned it on. I could be wrong about what you and I are seeing (different things) but I wanted to offer that as a possible answer. If you had left it turned on but not had Wi-Fi on or doing other power draining things like games, etc. (See Diabls post) I think it could show 97% and have only been on for under an hour. I hope that helps
                            yea, it should be how long you've had the tablet turned on.. Once I left mine in sleep for over a day and it said it had been on for like 1 day and 5 hrs xxx etc.

Comment

Google play works!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dtloggg View Post
                              Hi all,

I performed the manufacture firmware update on my PTAB7XC and the Market fix by Liquidlimez. I got Google market and gmail and maps. Everything seems to work ok except downloading anything from the Google market. I tried angry birds and it gives a message that says"canoot download because of a error".

I can download from Slideme market and run the angry bird game. Any one have any ideas?

Bt the way the ID for my tablet says PMID not PTAB in settings. Did I install the wrong version og market fix by Liquidlimez? I thought there is only one version available.

Any ideas from anyone.

Steve

Fixed problem with google play. Had to wait a long time for Play to finish loading. everything works great!!!!

Comment

Detailed instructions on installing LiquidLimez Market Fix?

To anyone who successfully installed LiquidLimez Market Fix, is there any way that someone could give me detailed instructions of exactly how you did it? I have tried everything I know (running the batch file from desktop, copying files to internal memory card, external memory card, etc..). I am not a complete NooB, and have rooted my HP Touchpad and Nook Color, but can't seem to apply this fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-

Comment

Working...
                                X