Looks like I've bricked it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I've bricked it.

Any ideas, just a red light and nothing.

Not showing up on the usb cable to pc, no responce to sd card, nothing.

try different USB port of your pc and don't give up !

Comment

does it matter the size of microsd card, this is a 64Gb one I'm using?

Comment

Which Box we are talking about? Round S89 or Square M8 Box
        Round Vega S89 don't need SD to install firmware! download .img file Connect your Box to PC start that installation Program Select the box -Start installation (you got to press hidden Reset button in AV port While Power on the device ) Use the supplied Micro Usb Cable only other cables not sit properly and do not connect the box to the PC...

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
          Which Box we are talking about? Round S89 or Square M8 Box
          Round Vega S89 don't need SD to install firmware! download .img file Connect your Box to PC start that installation Program Select the box -Start installation (you got to press hidden Reset button in AV port While Power on the device ) Use the supplied Micro Usb Cable only other cables not sit properly and do not connect the box to the PC...
          yeah tried that, the pc doesn't see anything at all and the light on the front stays bright red.

Going to reboot and try again but I think t's had it, bummer like

It's the vega yes, I've flashed a lot of the roms on it, been trying them to get the 5g to work.

Comment

unplug and Leave it alone for a while that helps sometimes ...
            Goodluck

Comment

Only try round-box images or also try a square-box image?
              If yes, also a square-box image, you have to wait for finless, because he did the same mistake and hat a lot of trouble to unbrik it, but he manage it...
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                Only try round-box images or also try a square-box image?
                If yes, also a square-box image, you have to wait for finless, because he did the same mistake and hat a lot of trouble to unbrik it, but he manage it...
                Yeah I saw that, Nothing appears on the pc and I'm thinking the thing won't see my card as it's 64Gb and maybe too much for it at that stage before drivers are installed. I'd tried a couple of the u-boot.bin files, I'd also put on the usb刷机工具说明.wps file that he talked about and nothing.

Like I said the light wouldn't even go to blue and there was nothing on the screen at all when I'd expect to see tronsmart.

Hopefully a 2Gb microsd and a bit of finless magic will get me back but if not then a lesson learned.
                never had this bother with my old rockchip. lol

Fingers crossed or it's an £80 lesson learned and I'll not be mucking about with roms anymore which I quite enjoy

The reason I was trying the sd card was the device stopped showing up on the pc, that was even on another pc that had never had it attached before.

Comment

you can't install .img file by SdCard thats a kind of waste of time unless you got the files finless used to use to unbrick his box ...

Comment

You need to use the SDcard making tool and make the special SDcard.

The u-boot.bin you use to make the sdcard is not the one that came in the sdcard making tool RAR. It's the one that came with the kit and has the .wps file. It should be 352KB.

Then after you make the sdcard put on sdcard
                    recovery.img
                    same u-boot.bin
                    the .wps file

Now unplug the box and hook up the USB cord to the PC.
                    Plug in the box. No LED should come on
                    Hold the reset button and while holding it hit the power button. Keep holding the reset and windows will eventually bong that it saw the device. No driver install needed if you had them installed from before.

Now the flash tool will see the device! You think you good to go but you will get errors while flashing! I eventually messed with different erase modes, etc till it got past initial disk. Once it did that then booting into flash mode I got a blue LED and no longer needed the special SDcard.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      You need to use the SDcard making tool and make the special SDcard.

The u-boot.bin you use to make the sdcard is not the one that came in the sdcard making tool RAR. It's the one that came with the kit and has the .wps file. It should be 352KB.

Then after you make the sdcard put on sdcard
                      recovery.img
                      same u-boot.bin
                      the .wps file

Now unplug the box and hook up the USB cord to the PC.
                      Plug in the box. No LED should come on
                      Hold the reset button and while holding it hit the power button. Keep holding the reset and windows will eventually bong that it saw the device. No driver install needed if you had them installed from before.

Now the flash tool will see the device! You think you good to go but you will get errors while flashing! I eventually messed with different erase modes, etc till it got past initial disk. Once it did that then booting into flash mode I got a blue LED and no longer needed the special SDcard.

Bob
                      Hi finless, a couple of questions, what size SD card did you use and where will I get the recovery.img file. I don't think I have one of them.

I'd not managed to get the pc to see it again using the reset but I'm pretty sure I hadn't tried the SD card and the pc cable at the same time so maybe there is hope after all.

Cheers for your advice buddy.

Comment

I see there's a recovery.img in your s89_stock_rom_101k4.zip file, I'll try that tonight got to go to work now.

If it works I'll fully document what needs done to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by rad View Post
                          I see there's a recovery.img in your s89_stock_rom_101k4.zip file, I'll try that tonight got to go to work now.

If it works I'll fully document what needs done to fix.
                          Tried it before I left and It didn't work, I'm going to get a smaller sd card today.

Does it matter what file system it's formatted as.

Comment

I don't know, but I think FAT32 will be a good idea...

Do you also try the recovery of the '89_stock_rom_100k4.zip'? I don't think so that it depands on the version, but who know's ...
                            Tronsmart S89 STOCK ROMs (100k4) in ZIP update format
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Yes use the recovery.img from my ROM.

I used a 32GB card formatted fat32. But the sdcard making tool does that.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                              X