• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which windows version do you use?I
    I'm not sure if it works at 8.1...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      Which windows version do you use?I
      I'm not sure if it works at 8.1...
      Yeah thats what I am thinking too. I managed to install Windows 7 on a usb stick (lol) and I'm gonna try it out tomorrow after work. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Originally posted by BonzenPaule View Post
        Yeah thats what I am thinking too. I managed to install Windows 7 on a usb stick (lol) and I'm gonna try it out tomorrow after work. *fingers crossed*
        USB Stick is an idea... why not XPSP3 (32) for these thinks? I never heard about any driver problem at XP
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

RomCode DDR

Hope someone can help me out, I have been following the steps here but get a different error. The USB tool finds my device (S82B, round 4K box) but whenever I try and flash it there is a RomCode error at 2% [0x11010101].

The log says...
          [16:14:05 948][HUB8-1][Err]--usb_get_configuration ret=-5 error_msg=sending get cached configuration ioctl failed, win error: The system cannot find the file specified.
          [16:14:05 948][HUB8-1][Err]--[0x11010401]RomCode????DDR,??????,USB??

Anyone know what this going on with it?

OS is 64 bit Win 7...

Comment

Originally posted by panho View Post
            I tried on different microUSB cable does not work on any. How long do I have to keep closed pins and pressed the reset and power button? For me, the effect is that for the first 4 - 5 seconds the red LED, and then changes to blue. PC did not recognize the Vega.
            TV shows that detected a 1080p signal but nothing is displayed.
            I have the same problem. Did you get a solution to this?

Thnx

Comment

Re: Looks like I've bricked it.

Originally posted by hamell View Post
              I have the same problem. Did you get a solution to this?

Thnx
              Nope sadly I didn't. I stopped trying for a while now but when I'm bored I will try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by J_P View Post
                Hope someone can help me out, I have been following the steps here but get a different error. The USB tool finds my device (S82B, round 4K box) but whenever I try and flash it there is a RomCode error at 2% [0x11010101].

The log says...
                [16:14:05 948][HUB8-1][Err]--usb_get_configuration ret=-5 error_msg=sending get cached configuration ioctl failed, win error: The system cannot find the file specified.
                [16:14:05 948][HUB8-1][Err]--[0x11010401]RomCode????DDR,??????,USB??

Anyone know what this going on with it?

OS is 64 bit Win 7...
                Check the instructions, it stopped on 2% for me too.

Good luck.

Comment

First I would like to acknowledge the help of friends.
                  I can not spend 6%.
                  Am I doing something wrong?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by manero View Post
                    First I would like to acknowledge the help of friends.
                    I can not spend 6%.
                    Am I doing something wrong?
                    Try it again but untick "erase bootloader"

Comment

Thank you my friends for the help!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Beelink m8b bricked

Originally posted by rad View Post
                        Are you allowed to swear on these boards ?? Bingo, it's flashing. (flashed now)

Thanks guys,

The sequence of what to do if your machine bricks is as follows.

Create the SD card using the bootcardmaker.exe util which is contained in the amlogic_tools.rar which can be downloaded from the tronsmart.eu website.

When creating your bootable sd card using bootcardmaker.exe and the u-boot.bin that is 352Kb in sixe (thanks Bob), once it's formatted copy that file and the usb刷机工具说明.wps file onto the sdcard.

Now you need to open up your vega (only do this if you are not getting any joy with any other method, mine was unresponsive to anything), and short out the 2 pins in the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9B...it?usp=sharing

I couldn't get mine out of the base and to be honest you don't really need to, I shorted them with a small screwdriver.

now...

1) Unplug and plug back in power. No LED should be on. (also have your SD card inserted)
                        2) Short the pins and hold them shorted.
                        3) Press the reset button and hold it.
                        4) Power on the box using the power button.
                        5) Continue to hold reset and pins shorted until Windows bongs,

You can now flash your rom using the USB flashing tool and .img file of your choice, I used the original firmware.

Do a normal attempt at flashing the first time, it will fail at 3% or something like that, next repeat above and do a full erase which should get you to about 5%, You will need to restart the program each time.
                        The next time you do the flash untick the box that says "Erase bootloader" it will then flash further to about 6%, this is the sweet spot because at this point you no longer need to short out the pins, you can remove the SD card and you can restart and flash as normal and it works.

I hope this helps someone.

Thank you very much guys for all your help with this, especially finless Bob.

A very happy RAD.

PS. Bob, on your next ROM can you make the robot smile, my little girl prefers it when he's happy. lol
                        Hello, I'm new in this forum and also on Android devices TV. I purchased a Beelink M8B last week. It was very nice and tried to install some custom roms. Everything was fine until I loaded the M8_K200A_ap6330_03102014A_0414. At the end of the installation, the device has restarted, and then does off. I turned on via the switch, but I have only the red led in front, no HDMI or AV output. I opened the box, the round red, and the label on the board says "NETXEON S83B V2.2 S802B / AP6330 / 2G / 16 /" I followed the instructions and suggestions of Filness, and with the SD card inserted, the pins NAND shorted (the nand on my device is on the back of the board), windows bongs my device, and the LED is changed to blue. I made a first flashing and it failed at 3%. Then I started with the same procedure, to go further in flashing process, the red LED changed to blue, but windows do not find the device at all. I started again and again, but red LED chnaged to blue and nothing happens. Suggestions or help to go further? Win 7 64

Comment

I fixeit

Originally posted by mumbe50 View Post
                          Hello, I'm new in this forum and also on Android devices TV. I purchased a Beelink M8B last week. It was very nice and tried to install some custom roms. Everything was fine until I loaded the M8_K200A_ap6330_03102014A_0414. At the end of the installation, the device has restarted, and then does off. I turned on via the switch, but I have only the red led in front, no HDMI or AV output. I opened the box, the round red, and the label on the board says "NETXEON S83B V2.2 S802B / AP6330 / 2G / 16 /" I followed the instructions and suggestions of Filness, and with the SD card inserted, the pins NAND shorted (the nand on my device is on the back of the board), windows bongs my device, and the LED is changed to blue. I made a first flashing and it failed at 3%. Then I started with the same procedure, to go further in flashing process, the red LED changed to blue, but windows do not find the device at all. I started again and again, but red LED chnaged to blue and nothing happens. Suggestions or help to go further? Win 7 64
                          Thanks, my tv box beelink M8B is up and running again, it is un-bricked.
                          First, I have fixed the problem with windows and usb burning tool. I uninstalled the usb burning tool and using usbdeview tool I removed completely the driver from the list. I installed again the usb_burning tool and I've followed the steps listed in this forum. Mainly I followed what sistro wrote at #60.
                          I never got 6%, only 5%, but after this I was able to flash a rom image.

Comment

Please help, another one with the same problem...
                            I tried to update openelec firmware on my S82B via SD card as many times before, but now something went wrong... Anyway, I have constant red light without any picture on TV. Tried to update via USB tool, but it say "Parse burning iamge fail".

I tried to reset nand as on tronsmart but I don't have needed part.

I'm posting pictures of my board, could someone showed me how to reset nand here?

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
                              Please help, another one with the same problem...
                              I tried to update openelec firmware on my S82B via SD card as many times before, but now something went wrong... Anyway, I have constant red light without any picture on TV. Tried to update via USB tool, but it say "Parse burning iamge fail".

I tried to reset nand as on tronsmart but I don't have needed part.

I'm posting pictures of my board, could someone showed me how to reset nand here?

dankec, nand ic is on the back of the board. You need to look for a chip as in the foto.
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks, but it cannot be found on my board. Nevermind, I succeed to unlock it by reflashing with tronsmart fw. It's already back to openelec 5.0.8.

Comment

Working...
                                X