Q7 Firmware by lewy20041

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash problem

I have Q7 (XT-Q7V-V10 (2014-08-15)), but when I try to flash this firmware as described in Install.txt, I've got an error:
    21:42:28 318 <Layer 7-2> Test Device Start
    21:42:39 469 <Layer 7-2> Test Device Success
    21:42:39 469 <Layer 7-2> Download Firmware Start
    21:43:08 782 <LAYER 7-2> ERROR:RKA_Param_Check-->Memcmp failed,Read(0)
    21:43:08 782 <LAYER 7-2> ERRORownloadImage-->RKA_Param_Check failed
    21:43:08 797 <Layer 7-2> Download Firmware Fail
    21:43:08 797 **********Restore Done Success<0> Fail<1> Time<69203>ms**********

When I try ones more, it stops more quickly:
    21:52:41 900 <Layer 7-2> Prepare IDB Start
    21:52:41 900 <LAYER 7-2> INFO:CS(1) (8192MB) (HYNIX)
    21:52:41 993 <Layer 7-2> Prepare IDB Success
    21:52:41 993 <Layer 7-2> Download IDB Start
    21:52:42 024 <LAYER 7-2> ERROR:WriteIDBlock-->memcmp failed
    21:52:42 056 <LAYER 7-2> ERROR:WriteIDBlock-->memcmp failed
    21:52:42 087 <LAYER 7-2> ERROR:WriteIDBlock-->memcmp failed
    21:52:42 087 <Layer 7-2> Download IDB Fail
    21:52:42 165 **********Restore Done Success<0> Fail<1> Time<12465>ms**********

After it, Rockchip batch tool have a blue square, not green. And I need to short 8+9 legs on NAND chip to flash vanilla firmware

Q7, 2G RAM, 8G ROM

What can I do ?

Comment

Originally posted by wbox View Post
      I have Q7 (XT-Q7V-V10 (2014-08-15)), but when I try to flash this firmware as described in Install.txt, I've got an error
      I have the exact same model and have the same IDB issue when flashing this firmware.

But, I don't need to short the pins after this to get it to accept the flashing of the stock ROM. I think all I do is run the Finless ROM Flash Tool v1.37 and click on "Erase NAND(IDB)". Once that is done I flash the stock firmware with Rockchip Batch Tool.

But going back to your core issue .. yes it would be nice to get the lewy firmware working..

Comment

Guys, I have the same Q7-V10, came with 4.4.2, and lewy's ROM unfortunately not compatible with this "new" version.

You have to downgrade to 4.2 before installing lewy's ROM, as it is JB too. You can find some tutorials around here. And please check your BT & WiFi modules, these are important because of the drivers.
        This is how mine looks from the inside.

Maybe you could contact this guy, he has appropriate FW for our Q7-V10.

Comment

Originally posted by pistabaaa^ View Post
          You have to downgrade to 4.2 before installing lewy's ROM, as it is JB too.
          Internals of my android box are the same as your, I install 4.2 rk3188_4.2.2_box_q7_v001_20140227.zip firmware from http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.Uxp1C4UVAdE

It flashes ok, work ok, but when I try to flash lewy20041's firmware, it stops at the same place.

Seems we have to wait....

Comment

Originally posted by kyxap View Post
            Here is my purchase

Help me please ! My children's waiting so long for that device and finally it was cannot work.
            You're acting very pathetic... this forum is full of newbs. Newbs who for some reason think they are entitled.

Figure things out for yourself pal. I did. Now not only do I know the Q7 back and front, I've even released a kernel for it. So sick of next to nobody contributing but asking for help. Some of you are ridiculous.

I really hope nobody helped this guy, he's the type that never should have even bought the Q7 or any other box for that matter. Stick with your Iphones the majority of you can't handle this at all.

Comment

Any of these boxes will work perfectly fine on the stock firmware besides 1080p but most people cant tell the difference.And dude if you want to be watching tv so your kids will be occupied install Kodi and search youtube on how to install Config Wizard from the Fusion repo.

You should also install SuperSU since your box should be pre-rooted and install Titanium Backup and remove the garbage apps that are pre-installed.If you're not rooted use KingoRoot.

There are tutorials on all of this on youtube, I almost threw my first 5 boxes away due to frustration.Now I cant get them fast enough and everyone wants one.I replace them if they die in 30 days and go above and beyond to help people.I have nothing but happy customers, but dont anyone pm me on here looking to buy anything or asking for help I have other hobbies that take up my time and theres no incentive for me to help people on here.

Comment

And you have the worst attitude ever. And just because you figured things out yourself, it doesn't make you entitled either.

I hope when you're in absolute need for help, no one helps you, so you can stop feeling like you're master of the universe.

[QUOTE=nexxusty;266699]You're acting very pathetic... this forum is full of newbs. Newbs who for some reason think they are entitled.

Figure things out for yourself pal. I did. Now not only do I know the Q7 back and front, I've even released a kernel for it. So sick of next to nobody contributing but asking for help. Some of you are ridiculous.

I really hope nobody helped this guy, he's the type that never should have even bought the Q7 or any other box for that matter. Stick with your Iphones the majority of you can't handle this at all.[/

Comment

Webcam on Q7

I have the exact same box (Q7-V10). Tried to install Lewy's firmware but could not get it to work.

So I went back to geekbuying's stock firmware (4.4.2) and rooted it with KingoRoot. So far that's what I need (just need to install XBMC/VLC for video playback, Netflix and that's it).

The only thing I cannot get to work (which is mainly what I got this box for) is Skype. I've got a Logitech C270 Webcam but the image is really dark. The Q7 recognizes it, and with FV-5 Camera I see an almost decent image by adjusting the exposure setting. Skype does not have that option, making it unusable.

Has anyone faced this issue before o maybe can suggest a possible solution? I am quite new to Android, but I guess with the proper assistance and Linux know-how extrapolation I can compile and add new drivers (if possible) to the box.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by wbox View Post
                  Internals of my android box are the same as your, I install 4.2 rk3188_4.2.2_box_q7_v001_20140227.zip firmware from http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.Uxp1C4UVAdE

It flashes ok, work ok, but when I try to flash lewy20041's firmware, it stops at the same place.

Seems we have to wait....

Comment

Any updates on Lewys FW got a couple of Q7's that need fixing,also have one stuck on standby if anyone can help...

Comment

Sorry, don't work with this device : XT-Q7V-V10

Attached Files
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Last edited by Stefano_it; 05-03-2015, 16:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefano_it View Post
                        Sorry, don't work with this device : XT-Q7V-V10

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_10039_1430666939353_463[/ATTACH]
                        is a new motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by By_InDiO View Post

is a new motherboard?
                          Yep, its a new one!
                          I've got exactly the same PCB.
                          Could anyone adapt this rom to the new one?
                          really thanks!

Comment

посоветуйте прошивку CS 918 Q7 версия платы X6 V 21///// пожалуйста только не сток !!!

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                              This firmware is based on the latest one for Q7 Box from geekbuying.com.
                              Please Test and post your feedback.

*Changelog*
                              v1.0.0

-based on the latest Q7 firmware
                              -rooted
                              -spoofed as Galaxy SIII for better playstore compatibility
                              -build.prop edits (wifi tweaks, beter movies, jpeg quality, etc)
                              -gameloft fix
                              -new mouse pointer
                              -new bootanimation
                              -rearanged buttons on system bar
                              -fixed few strings (was "Your tablet will shutdown" now "Your Q7 will shutdown")
                              -all bloatware apps removed (check orig apps folder in zip if you need any)
                              -all usless shortcats removed from launcher screen
                              -firmware odexed to better utilize ram and make it faster
                              -libmedia.so pached for Dolby and DTS pastrought in XBMC and other players
                              -kernel micro stutter fix
                              -cpu clock changed to 1ghz to be the lowest
                              -new wallpaper
                              -new settings under Settings<Q7
                              #Performance
                              #Superuser
                              #Terminal
                              #TV Apps
                              #Advanced (Resolution Switch, Reboot Recovery, Reboot Bootloader, Update)
                              [Use "Resolution Switch" to change betwean real 720p and real 1080p kernels]

And many other things i dont remember;p

Firmware:
                              Download

XBMC (Recomended):
                              Download

(All Donations even small are really appreciated)

Hi
                              I have a CS918 rk3188 , can I use the same one ?
                              if not can you advise what should i download ?
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X