Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saris View Post
    Another HDMI poet...

I have used this device about 5 months without any issues. It was working great, without any issues. Few weeks ago the problem started. Sometimes the picture got frozen or just black screen (no HDMI) appeared. This happen often and often. Now it's impossible to start-up the device because of no HDMI signal.
    The geekbuying support told me that they can repair the device for free but I have to pay shipping fee for sending the item from CN to my country. I'm also afraid that I will pay again customs for the same device...

Does anyone have a guide how to solve this issue? Is soldering of the pins sufficient, or the replacement of HDMI port is required. The funny thing is that the device was still on the same place (no movement with device, no movement with HDMI cable...).
    Dear sir,
    Sorry to make you feel inconvenience, is it possible to let me know your order number? I will check it and help you.

Sincerely
    Emma
    Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Comment

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post
      Dear sir,
      Sorry to make you feel inconvenience, is it possible to let me know your order number? I will check it and help you.

Sincerely
      Emma
      Dear Emma,

my order number is #3158066.I think that lot of troubles could be fixed by using ES warehouse...
      If you could help me, that would be great.
      Tronsmart s89 Elite - Finless 2.1 ROM

Comment

Trying to solder the HDMI socket

Any instructions to how to remove the board from the plastic case?
        Please reply, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post
          Any instructions to how to remove the board from the plastic case?
          Please reply, thanks
          Grab both areas on the board that are indented and push the Ethernet port with something its size.

Getting it back in takes a little practice and time but once you done it remebering how to is easy.
          Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

HDMI soldering

it's required to remove the board from the plastic case to solder the pins?

Comment

Yes they are on the bottom.
              Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

It's not necessary, if you just resolder the "Data-pins". These pins are the reason of the blackout.
                In my opinion, it's not necessary to solder the "HDMI case pins", since they are ok.
                When resolder the pins, remove the final plate from the HDMI case to get better access to the pins.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	HDMI port.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	435939
                Exactly what Geekbuying did, when they published their cheating photos about the "new and improved" HDMI connector.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	gbcheat1.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	435938

Comment

Dear Emma,

my order number is #3158066.I think that lot of troubles could be fixed by using ES warehouse...
                  If you could help me, that would be great.
                  Of course Emma will help you. Thank you for you advice about ES warehouse, it's a good idea and we will consider it in the future.

Comment

HDMI issue

Is the HDMI issue only a "feature" of Tronsmart s89 devices, or similar devices (MXIII, Beelink s82,..) have the same problem?

Comment

Just fixed my unit

I only just found this thread here after I repaired my unit.I didn't know it was such a common problem.It's very disappointing to read all the inconvenience caused by poor quality control and to be honest it's not fair.
                      I was lucky enough to be able to re solder it myself, but it took some effort to bring it back to life as there were more than just one bad pin.I could push the defective pins side to side with a small needle so I could see the ones that needed rework.I just hope it keeps on working now .I also soldered the anchor pins on the bottom of the board as they barely had any solder(it was quit obvious to see). I feel for all the people that have to send them back, what a mess.I wish you all well and hope you are made good in a timely manner. Someone needs a kick up the you know what

Comment

tronsmart s89h

Hi
                        I bought a Tronsmart s89h at about 8 month ago. Now it is not working well, some times i can see a picture, sometimes it makes kind of stripes and the screen of the tv stays dark with an error which is saying "lost connection". We replaced the hdmi cable, but the problem is still there. What do i have to do to send it back to you, so that you can repair or replace it? Orders number

DHL Number: 6525773936

With friendly regardes,

Comment

Is the HDMI issue only a "feature" of Tronsmart s89 devices, or similar devices (MXIII, Beelink s82,..) have the same problem?

i think all the round boxes can have the hdmi problems since they are all made in the same factory only to have another name on it .

Comment

Hi what i can a do now after 8 monthe i can send back to geekbuying?

ty

Comment

Originally posted by Oualid2013 View Post
                              Hi
                              I bought a Tronsmart s89h at about 8 month ago. Now it is not working well, some times i can see a picture, sometimes it makes kind of stripes and the screen of the tv stays dark with an error which is saying "lost connection". We replaced the hdmi cable, but the problem is still there. What do i have to do to send it back to you, so that you can repair or replace it? Orders number

DHL Number: 6525773936

With friendly regardes,
                              Originally posted by Oualid2013 View Post
                              Hi what i can a do now after 8 monthe i can send back to geekbuying?

ty
                              Hi,
                              Feel free to let me know your order number. Tronsmart is a responsible manufacturer, they promise to change the new one to customers who has HDMI problem for Tronsmart S89.

Sincerely
                              Emma

Comment

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post
                                Hi,
                                Feel free to let me know your order number. Tronsmart is a responsible manufacturer, they promise to change the new one to customers who has HDMI problem for Tronsmart S89.

Sincerely
                                Emma

Hi hier the orders number

ty emma
                                Last edited by Oualid2013; 02-27-2015, 13:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X