No output from HDMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No output from HDMI

After 3 days of use there is no picture from HDMI.
    I tried all possibilities, new HDMI cable, different tv, other tv box on same cable, older firmware, new firmware, factory reset etc. Etc. Etc.

The output from AV port is working and you can see the device is working as it should but there is no output from the HDMI port even though in the settings it is set to auto detect and can not be changed.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Same here.

I have the same problem as you mate.

Comment

As I wrote at the other thread

I don't know what oman wants to figure out... but ask him... maybe it fixes your problem...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by bigall123 View Post
        I have the same problem as you mate.
        Same here and no explanation for it. Second tronsmart device I've bought from geekbuying and second time I've had it break within a week of use. Absolutely ridiculous, they can have it back and refund my money which will take another month or so no doubt. Don't know why there so recommended, I've made 2 purchases with geekbuying and both have been very short lived and costly mistakes

Comment

Yup, my dad's beelink m8's HDMI port broke.
          Something not completely right with the design here. Maybe not enough transient protection? Maybe bad batch of HDMI driver chips? I have seen an increasing number of users with this problem

Comment

Really bad news that the number of defect devices grows constantly...
            At the beginning, because of my problem with the MX, I thought too, that maybe something's wrong with HDMI chips, but now I understand/ it seams so, instead of rk3188, which use a separate HDMI chip (IT66121FN), aml includes it into the SoC...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Received my S89 Elite today.

HDMI not working out of the box...
              AV output works.

I've opened a new thread before noticing that there was already this one.

Edit: AV output does work ok... useless anyway!
              Last edited by pyn; 05-26-2014, 19:55.

Comment

Do you also try 103k4 FW ?
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I have had 3 with hdmi problems 2 M8 and 1 S802 round. If you play with the cable in, you may get it working although it doesn't fix it permanently. I believe it's not soldered properly. The person at the factory is sloppy. Can't make business selling if you have to send them back.

Comment

I can confirm this issue still remains in 103k4... No amount of playing with the HDMI cable or socket works for me even with the shell off.. I have cleaned the contacts , confirmed cables work and tried other cables and also done a visual check on components, I have no electrical test equipment or knowledge in that area so can only do so much, this little hockey pucked shaped paperweights getting frisbied the fu*k back to Hong Kong, cheap-flying back to geekbuying :/

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smokez View Post
                      I can confirm this issue still remains in 103k4... No amount of playing with the HDMI cable or socket works for me even with the shell off.. I have cleaned the contacts , confirmed cables work and tried other cables and also done a visual check on components, I have no electrical test equipment or knowledge in that area so can only do so much, this little hockey pucked shaped paperweights getting frisbied the fu*k back to Hong Kong, cheap-flying back to geekbuying :/

Send them Recorded !

Comment

Re: No output from HDMI

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                        Send them Recorded !
                        Lol oh I will! Shame the cheap-flying bit can't be true! Just thought I'd amuse myself with a bit of poor poetry lol Paid £15 in return postage the last time I bought from geekbuying, looking at the same + again. Might as well stop buying from there and just send em free money so they can continue supplying such 'fantastic' products to us all! #sarcasmfullyintended

Comment

Hi!

I just fixed my HDMI problem!
                          I noticed that when forcing the connector against the pcb, it would start working.

The soldering is the issue.
                          Lucky me I have some soldering skills/tools.

I just spread a little soldering flux on the connector pins and re-soldered the connector.

Working good now!

Comment

I knew that was the problem. Can you send pictures showing what you did?

They should fire the guy at the factory working in the area responsible for soldering.

It's my 3rd box!

Comment

Re: No output from HDMI

Originally posted by pyn View Post
                              Hi!

I just fixed my HDMI problem!
                              I noticed that when forcing the connector against the pcb, it would start working.

The soldering is the issue.
                              Lucky me I have some soldering skills/tools.

I just spread a little soldering flux on the connector pins and re-soldered the connector.

Working good now!
                              Sounds promising mate, shame I'm pretty useless with a soldering iron, plus I've had no luck with any amount of pressure being applied to the connector. Perhaps you could post some pictures of what you did to fix it although I suspect this might not show to much ,but it might help some of us in the same boat - not that I'd want to chance taking the board out its housing off again due to the risk of ending up back at square one

Comment

Working...
                              X