[ROM] Quickshot V3.1 for minix X7 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leolas View Post
    Please can someone who has this rom installed in his x7 mini and wifi working follow the same instructions in terminal emulator and upload the same log?
    Sorry but I don't have the x7 mini only the X7 neo. Need someone who has the same device al look at the logs.
    Would really appreciate if one of you guys could generate this log..
    Took me less than 5 min

Thank you

Comment

Certainly

I will try to remember to do this tonight for you.. My wireless works well..
      Where would you like me to send/upload the log file to?
      Originally posted by icon View Post
      Would really appreciate if one of you guys could generate this log.. Took me less than 5 min Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by jagman2020 View Post
        I will try to remember to do this tonight for you.. My wireless works well..
        Where would you like me to send/upload the log file to?
        Thank you so much!

I uploaded the txt file to http://pastebin.com and posted the link here (see above)

Comment

Originally posted by icon View Post
          Thank you so much!

I uploaded the txt file to http://pastebin.com and posted the link here (see above)
          jagman2020 ?

Comment

I will have to try this out ASAP!

Comment

What is the best kernel to use?

Comment

?????

Comment

Originally posted by LAM09 View Post
                  What is the best kernel to use?
                  ?????
                  You probably weren't answered because this has already been asked and answered as best as it can be ( probably several times ).... You should always read a thread first before you ask a question so others don't have to repeat themselves over and over wasting their time.... at least use the thread search if nothing else..

see http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post188683

Comment

Re: [ROM] Quickshot V3.1 for minix X7 mini

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                    You probably weren't answered because this has already been asked and answered as best as it can be ( probably several times ).... You should always read a thread first before you ask a question so others don't have to repeat themselves over and over wasting their time.... at least use the thread search if nothing else..

see http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post188683
                    Thanks, but I read through the thread before posting. The 720p kernel is the recommended one, but I didn't see anything about which one offers the best performance.

I will probably try them out and see.

Comment

Thanks, but I read through the thread before posting. The 720p kernel is the recommended one, but I didn't see anything about which one offers the best performance.

I will probably try them out and see.
                      If you re-read the post I linked you to... you'd see I mentioned that it is hardware dependent on each system.... you must test your hardware to determine the most you can OC, they can not guess at what your hardware is capable of.

Comment

If you re-read the post I linked you to... you'd see I mentioned that it is hardware dependent on each system.... you must test your hardware to determine the most you can OC, they can not guess at what your hardware is capable of.
                        I thought it was all based on the Minix X7 Mini?

Comment

I thought it was all based on the Minix X7 Mini?
                          Minix just picked the best quality parts to include in their systems that they can ... but it's the parts themselves that have slight differences... Your CPU ( or GPU or DDR ) differs slightly from say mine... so they will OC differently also. This is the same for any computer anywhere

Comment

Minix just picked the best quality parts to include in their systems that they can ... but it's the parts themselves that have slight differences... Your CPU ( or GPU or DDR ) differs slightly from say mine... so they will OC differently also. This is the same for any computer anywhere
                            Thanks. I thought all the box were the same, but they aren't then. News to me.

Comment

Thanks. I thought all the box were the same, but they aren't then. News to me.
                              They are only built as close as the technology allows...

When say... Intel builds a CPU for a certain series... all of the speeds of their series are made identical... They then later, after they are made, grade the speed by testing each of the CPU's to see what it is capable of and put a ... say 3.4Ghz stamp on one... and another speed on another.

Comment

Flashing kernel not working

I'm having trouble flashing another kernel.
                                First I tried the method with the SDcard, an empty one, formatted as FAT32. I copied the desired kernel to the root of the SD card. When I choose reboot I always come into the twrp recovery, soft reboot doesn't do anything. Power off and on also results in booting into twrp.

Then I tried the quickflasher method. I already had a quickflasher folder on the internal SD card. I copied the quickshot-update.zip file into it. Then I start the quickflash tool but it never finds the file! In the tool it is mentioned the files should be in the \quickflash dir on the SD card. I also made a new folder called quickflash but no difference. Also tried it on the external SD card but also no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

3.1 ROM is great! Even with the default kernel on 1080p. Netflix is at last running nicely now, before scrolling was very jaggy. Only thing is that when I connect a wireless keyboard/mouse combo the movement of the pointer is not very smooth which is not when I connect it to Windows 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X