No announcement yet.

NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I saw that. I don't understand the problems folks are having, I'm not having any, but I guess that really don't matter if Bob says there are issues and we should update. Downloading the new ROM now.

Comment

Originally posted by dennishl View Post
      Ok, I saw that. I don't understand the problems folks are having, I'm not having any, but I guess that really don't matter if Bob says there are issues and we should update. Downloading the new ROM now.
      i guess it depends what your doing with it, i noticed problems when i was trying to use anythin that needed root access, and installing the v6 script highlighed a few problems. if your doing neither of these then maybe you wouldnt notice anything right away. has to be said though ive had loads of problems with the superuser app, even in the new build and had to replace it without superSU (another superuser app), so maybe im not the best judge as noone else seems to have issues with it. regardless though,, 2.2 is a stonkingly great rom, and with v6 added - its really a top notch effort again from oor bob :-)

Comment

Got it all sorted 1st time with 2.2a. Seems a bit smoother to me. Thanks bob

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

This is one hell of a ROM. Unbelievable.
          Also the instructions are spot on and funny on occasions as well.
          Thank you mate, superb job.
          After the upgrade I am thinking whether to keep it or sell it

Comment

I am glad you all are enjoying it!

Makes me feel good that all the time I put into learning how to do ROMs since November and seeing everyone enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed doing it!

More to come, I hope, as I try to learn how to mod and compile a kernel!

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Hi Bob,

My Arnova 10 G2 now worth more money with your ROM.
              I'm looking forward the 2.3.
              Please can you give me info about

Best Regards

Enrico

Comment

Hi Enrico,

About Arnova releasing the kernel sources, you can read the whole story here : http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=1068

Comment

1stly - thanks - all running smoothly. Believe it or not - I am unable to find the 2nd readme that explains how to install the supercharger startup script ... (2.2a download)

Cheers,
                  Chris

Comment

I went from update.AR9G2.cramfs.2G.MorkaMod.v1.15.2 to this and this is so much better more stable faster no lag so happy thanks!!!

Comment

Hmmm, I've been seeing SU problems too.

It's been a while since I've logged onto these forums, so I've only just seen gsteruk's reports of problems with the SU binary.
                      He's not the only one - I have had exactly the same issue and resolved them in much the same way - by using SuperSU instead.

I was never able to get the 'super clean' script to run - it would ALWAYS hang. So, eventually, I just skipped this step. As I understand it, it's only wiping the Dalvik cache - so I used CWM to do this instead.
                      I am still showing '100% super charged', so I think I'm OK.

The SU problems appeared as soon as I used App Injector - I'd only get a few apps installed and most of those I'd selected were not there. Switching to SuperSU and re-running app injector seems to have fixed it.

I've just been through this all again (as I was on the 'old' 2.2 ROM, so I've re-flashed with 2.2a) - and I got all the same problems!

Wonder if there are minor variants of the hardware that causes this?

Not to worry though, it's all working fine now!

Comment

Hello,

The rom is very good thank you. I have just problem with the wifi, sometimes i have an error. I have a question, how to play nova 2 and 3 or modern combat 3 with the tablet, nova 2 suck for example. Nova 3 make pink line when i want to play. Modern combat 3 don't work. Why modern combat 2 is not compatible?

Thank you

Comment

FYI one thing that I have found is with the latest SU binary from CHainDD, sometimes system gets remounted as RO. Not sure why either!

However becaue of this Petrus just released a new APP Injector and Reboot APP where he remounts system as RW when needed. That is what was causing some system apps on injection to not be there.

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            FYI one thing that I have found is with the latest SU binary from CHainDD, sometimes system gets remounted as RO. Not sure why either!

However becaue of this Petrus just released a new APP Injector and Reboot APP where he remounts system as RW when needed. That is what was causing some system apps on injection to not be there.

Bob
                            Interesting, I too had noticed on my Rezound that system was reverting to RO and couldn't figure out why. Turns out ROM developer switched to SuperSU.

Sent into the innertubes from my Rezound via Tapatalk
                            Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                            HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                            Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Have you got a idea?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rsandham View Post
                                It's been a while since I've logged onto these forums, so I've only just seen gsteruk's reports of problems with the SU binary.
                                He's not the only one - I have had exactly the same issue and resolved them in much the same way - by using SuperSU instead.

I was never able to get the 'super clean' script to run - it would ALWAYS hang. So, eventually, I just skipped this step. As I understand it, it's only wiping the Dalvik cache - so I used CWM to do this instead.
                                I am still showing '100% super charged', so I think I'm OK.

The SU problems appeared as soon as I used App Injector - I'd only get a few apps installed and most of those I'd selected were not there. Switching to SuperSU and re-running app injector seems to have fixed it.

I've just been through this all again (as I was on the 'old' 2.2 ROM, so I've re-flashed with 2.2a) - and I got all the same problems!

Wonder if there are minor variants of the hardware that causes this?

Not to worry though, it's all working fine now!
                                ah glad it wasnt just me then! lol i was beginning to think i was just doin something dumb! superSU is a good alternative ive found, not had any issues with it either. i did find that using the app injector seemed to make it worse, but on ocassion even before installing anything at all button saviour would freak out. it still is an amazing rom though, it really does run very well indeed!

Comment

Working...
                                X