Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock Firmware - Beelink S82/M8 - MXIII 1/2G - Official FW Releases from Beelink - user feedback thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
    No it should in fact load the recovery.img file from the MicroSD... And, bypassing the the One on the Device. Thats why its critically important to rename the File to recovery.img.
    It also helps to make sure that this File is located at the very front of your MicroSD Card as well... i.e. NOT inside any Folder or Directory.

Actually if you can do it... Wipe the MicroSD Card clean, and then place your renamed TWRP_2.8.7.0_k200.img -> i.e. recovery.img onto that MicroSD. In this case recovery.img should be the ONLY thing on this MicroSD!

If done correctly this should land you into the TWRP Recovery, and not the stock 3e One... Again YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A USB MOUSE TO HAND!

nope will not work with this build they have... i have tried it many times renamed it re downloaded the file keeps me going to the android sytem recovery ughhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by londonshore View Post

nope will not work with this build they have... i have tried it many times renamed it re downloaded the file keeps me going to the android sytem recovery ughhhhhh
      Ok its not pretty, or simple. AS YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES HERE..
      But, I think the only way your gonna fix your problem is though the Amlogic USB BURNING TOOL.

Which you'll need to install... Very VERY carefully! As about midway it'll want to install the WordCup Driver... To your PC. Which is of course unsigned. Not such a big deal if your under Windows 7, or earlier.
      I gather Windows 8.x People will have to rummage 'round in the backs of their handbags to workout where the Hell MicroSoft place that set of Options for you.. And then set them up correctly. So you'll have to go ask uncle Google that One... I'm only on 7, and shall probably remain there. Screw Windows OS-X!
      That aside its IMPORTANT to make sure that this Diver gets installed during this time!

Then you'll need the Device, the Power Brick (Adapter), and the OTG Cable a.k.a a MicroUSB Cable Such as might have came with a Phone or Tablet.
      • Start Amlogic USB BURNING TOOL
      • Attach the Power & OTG Cables
      • Inset "Toothpick" / Q-Tip end up the AV PORT, till it hits the Reset Switch... KEEP IT DEPRESSED!
      • Hit the Power Button on the DEVICE
      • KEEP THE RESET SWITCH DEPRESSED FOR THE FIRST 90-ish SECONDS -- Until Windows is able to detect the Device, and then actually load up the recently installed WordCup Driver.
      • DO NOT PRESUME that since the DEVICE-ID HUB1-n is now filled in that you can then safely ignore that last step! BECAUSE YOU CAN'T! You'll need to be patient, and wait for Windows ITSELF to detect that a new USB DEVICE HAS BEEN INSTALLED... Thankfully you'll only have to do this the one time, on a new machine though.

Once the Driver loads up into Memory... you can then use it to install a raw *img File. The Machine can not offer you much protest here. So you have to know what your trying to do as its very simple to land up with a Softbrick or worse if your not careful. As far as I'm aware since I too also own a 1G MXIII. It should be relatively safe for you to install anything post 111k4 on that box. Since Amlogic / Beelink switched to an AiO (All In One) Package 'round that time. 110k4, and earlier however have different packages for the 1G, and 2G variants. Installing a 2G Firmware on a 1G box is a dead cert to a softbrick!

Like I said though, it shouldn't be a problem for 111k4 ~ 115k4 though.

The only problem your likely to encounter is where USB Burning Tool will crash ~3% (indecipherable Chinese Message)... You're getting this message... 'cause you didn't follow the above rules. Spcifically regarding the instaltion of the WorldCup Driver. Otherwise you, and it should be happy enough about installing just about whatever.... Again its worth noting you really should be a bit discriminating where it comes to Firmwares lower then 111k4. But, my guess is that'll you should likely be installing 115k4.img any how. And, you can find that: THERE along with another link to the USB Burning Tool.

Comment

Ok its not pretty, or simple. AS YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES HERE..
        But, I think the only way your gonna fix your problem is though the Amlogic USB BURNING TOOL.

Which you'll need to install... Very VERY carefully! As about midway it'll want to install the WordCup Driver... To your PC. Which is of course unsigned. Not such a big deal if your under Windows 7, or earlier.
        I gather Windows 8.x People will have to rummage 'round in the backs of their handbags to workout where the Hell MicroSoft place that set of Options for you.. And then set them up correctly. So you'll have to go ask uncle Google that One... I'm only on 7, and shall probably remain there. Screw Windows OS-X!
        That aside its IMPORTANT to make sure that this Diver gets installed during this time!

Then you'll need the Device, the Power Brick (Adapter), and the OTG Cable a.k.a a MicroUSB Cable Such as might have came with a Phone or Tablet.
        • Start Amlogic USB BURNING TOOL
        • Attach the Power & OTG Cables
        • Inset "Toothpick" / Q-Tip end up the AV PORT, till it hits the Reset Switch... KEEP IT DEPRESSED!
        • Hit the Power Button on the DEVICE
        • KEEP THE RESET SWITCH DEPRESSED FOR THE FIRST 90-ish SECONDS -- Until Windows is able to detect the Device, and then actually load up the recently installed WordCup Driver.
        • DO NOT PRESUME that since the DEVICE-ID HUB1-n is now filled in that you can then safely ignore that last step! BECAUSE YOU CAN'T! You'll need to be patient, and wait for Windows ITSELF to detect that a new USB DEVICE HAS BEEN INSTALLED... Thankfully you'll only have to do this the one time, on a new machine though.

Once the Driver loads up into Memory... you can then use it to install a raw *img File. The Machine can not offer you much protest here. So you have to know what your trying to do as its very simple to land up with a Softbrick or worse if your not careful. As far as I'm aware since I too also own a 1G MXIII. It should be relatively safe for you to install anything post 111k4 on that box. Since Amlogic / Beelink switched to an AiO (All In One) Package 'round that time. 110k4, and earlier however have different packages for the 1G, and 2G variants. Installing a 2G Firmware on a 1G box is a dead cert to a softbrick!

Like I said though, it shouldn't be a problem for 111k4 ~ 115k4 though.

The only problem your likely to encounter is where USB Burning Tool will crash ~3% (indecipherable Chinese Message)... You're getting this message... 'cause you didn't follow the above rules. Spcifically regarding the instaltion of the WorldCup Driver. Otherwise you, and it should be happy enough about installing just about whatever.... Again its worth noting you really should be a bit discriminating where it comes to Firmwares lower then 111k4. But, my guess is that'll you should likely be installing 115k4.img any how. And, you can find that: THERE along with another link to the USB Burning Tool.

thank you for your detailed help i am getting the parse burning fail.... the supplier says these boxes are 2gb ram which i did check and they are i do not understand why they put the build marked at mxiii_1G

i will keep trying ..the computer does detect the box and shows a storage device when plugged in ...i try to install the recovery. img we made above and im still getting that error ... i did see the world cup driver when i instlaled burning tool cannot seem to find it now as i am using windows 8

Comment

well i had a file image from my s82 lol used the burning tool and bingo it worked.... oh and it allowed me to update to the 115k4 tronsmart ... man i really appreciate your help thank you but i am where i need to be right now ........... thanks again its all fixed for me here unless these boxes blow up sucks i got 10 so ill have to do all 10 booohhhyaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

ok well that got fixed now i cannot get my wifi to work ughhhhhhhhhh stuck on searching for wifi networks installed 115k4 tronsmart fml

Comment

Hi All

Is the original S82 Plus (round) firmware pre-rooted?

If I upgrade to 112k4 is it pre-rooted?

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                Hi All

Is the original S82 Plus (round) firmware pre-rooted?

If I upgrade to 112k4 is it pre-rooted?

yes

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob007 View Post

yes
                  really. 112k4 official fw rooted?
                  i have big performance issues with leolas 1.12.i m gonna try then if rooted, on my s82 2/16g round tvbox.
                  btw which cpu governor using with?

Comment

Every Firmware I had ever encountered... 108k4-(RTL8188), 109k4, 110k4, 111k4, 112k4, 113k4. 114k4, and, 115k4 HAVE ALL BEEN ROOTED FROM FACTORY!
                    In fact I've never once ever seen a locked Firmware on my MXIII ever once, not even back when it still had the stock 108k4-(AP6181) Firmware on it, sadly not available on the Net. it seems.

It seems to me that its you who isn't running any "Official Firmware", assuming your correct, about it being locked.

Comment

Every Firmware I had ever encountered... 108k4-(RTL8188), 109k4, 110k4, 111k4, 112k4, 113k4. 114k4, and, 115k4 HAVE ALL BEEN ROOTED FROM FACTORY!
                      In fact I've never once ever seen a locked Firmware on my MXIII ever once, not even back when it still had the stock 108k4-(AP6181) Firmware on it, sadly not available on the Net. it seems.

It seems to me that its you who isn't running any "Official Firmware", assuming your correct, about it being locked.
                      ok. thanks for the info. I should have forgotten first official 102k4 fw is rooted. or maybe wasn't. i assumed only custom fw s rooted.

btw could you tell me official 112k4 using which cpu governor. hotplug, interactive, ondemand?

i guess that's why my performance issues, i want to find fw which is not hotplug.

Comment

Originally posted by riven4300 View Post

ok. thanks for the info. I should have forgotten first official 102k4 fw is rooted. or maybe wasn't. i assumed only custom fw s rooted.

btw could you tell me official 112k4 using which cpu governor. hotplug, interactive, ondemand?

i guess that's why my performance issues, i want to find fw which is not hotplug.
                        TBH I have no ideas about this... I gather there are Apps that can change how these Governers work, but I've never had much thought as to why I might need to change these.
                        My problems with my M82 (1G/8G MXIII), are mostly related to the amcodec. unfortunately this limits me to only 109k4, and 110k4... Presumably the last dead-on 1G Firmware. (i.e. 111k4+ are all AiO 1+2G compatible), but have so borked the amcodec on the 1G M82, that its essentially unusable. Latter custom built ROMS like Abdul_PT0s' RemiX115 seem to fix ths... Till I landed on a 1080i Stream (BBC World News HD), and came to the realization, that this was all most likely running in Stagefright Software mode.

So the only Firmware I personally have a care for would be 109k4 (As a base Firmware), since this just works on all cylinders. Well as much so as 109k4 could. I gather this wasn't also without its problems.
                        Video playback as such wasn't thankfully really one of these, though. Not as much so as the line of more current Firmwares.

Comment

i can't install fw. unzip to microsd card root but when i try install from update app or reboot to recovery app or starting with push av+power button combination all of them just reboot tvbox. can't get in fw install process. if i try to first zip, maybe work. leolas fw update 1 zip installs from update app. is this work like this way?but i think i need only k200-ota-xxx.zip.not others recovery.img,factory_update_param.aml.
                          i guess update don't start bcs ıf these 2 files. only needed zip file.

guys what do you think?
                          i can't install from pc, so i need some advise about that.

Comment

1) Does your Device work? Or, is it in a semi-bricked state, of being broken?
                            2) Are you trying to downgrade as such? the 3e Recovery doesn't really allow you to do this. At least NOT in my experience.
                            You might have more luck in trying to use TWRP recovery here.

But, it would be a question worth asking if your Device is old enough to even run 112k4, assuming this was what you wanted to run. As 115k4 is currently out, and may be a better fit for your use.

Comment

oman, please, add support AP6212 in the firmware 112k, tearfully asking...

Comment

Originally posted by wert3000 View Post
                                oman, please, add support AP6212 in the firmware 112k, tearfully asking...
                                I do suspect that your in the wrong sub-forum here... But, given how much these so-called MXIII (Which should otherwise be called "Plus", by any other standard...), have only added as much confusion to this.
                                From what I can make out of it though the AP-6212 should have appeared on MK808B Devices. Which has a M805 SoC.... The MXIII OTOH should have a S802 SoC.... Or of late an S812 SoC. Related I'm sure, but otherwise NOT even similar.

My advice to you would be to visit Tronsmart, and grab their 115k4 Firmware: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xi...d_20150603.zip, and hope that your Wi-Fi Chip is supported there.

Besides the only thing perhaps more dead.. then the ...so called... classic MXIII, is likely 112k4 itself... If for whatever reason its not in there... Then your only option is to move on, to 113 / 114 / 115 -- k4, and cross your fingers. I really doubt there just gonna add Ap6212 support for your own sake. When there are plenty of Firmware Bugs that have been present since neigh on day one! With no fix in sight. ex: Small TCP Buffers... 666 Permissions for XBMC & Kodi... (i.e. the cause of the 1/4 720p Screen(s)), or the disabled Widevine DRm... Perhaps the most simple braindead fix of all... Only needing a simple false statement in the build.prop to be switched to true.

If anything were to be "fixed" or, added I'd damn sure hope it was those and, not a Wi-Fi Chip that on the face of it has NOTHING to do with the M8 / M82 / S82 / S89 ecosystem.

**EDIT** having just looked at the 115k4 File from Tronsmart.. I can tell you that the AP-6212 is indeed inside this package. So that would be your best choice, if you wanted working Wi-Fi...
                                Last edited by Ichijoe; 07-31-2015, 08:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X