Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW!! pureXbmc V2.1 - New firmware now for CX-919!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PureXbmc V2.1 CX-919 - full working and stable real 1080p Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Rom
    Perhaps the last JB Rom ever

As people ask me to build a working CX-919 kernel i had to build this rom, cause rom needed special adjustments.
    So here is my new custom rom for xbmc media center usage on CX-919 AP6210 wifi TV-Stick. Kernel is based on latest Radxa source and has new HDMI driver and real Rec. 709 color support (16-235).

It's a really freaking fast 1080p full JB Rom and plays 8 GB MKV 1080p files over SMB/UPnP wifi inside my mod of Flumpters Beyond XBMC absolutely smooth with dolby/dts passthrough (haven´t tested bigger files cause i haven´t any).

Features

- HDMI Output with real REC.709 16-235 color support!
    - pureXbmc with dolby/dts passthrough

- 720/1080 24P/25P support with
    1920x1080 at 60, 50, 30, 25, 24 Hz
    1280x720 at 60, 50, 30, 25, 24 Hz
    720x576 at 50 Hz
    720x480 at 60 Hz
    640x480 at 60 Hz

Kernel doubles the framerate at 24/25Hz if your Monitor supports.
    24/25 will be displayed at 48/50. No sluggish mouse movement anymore at 24p!
    Best viewing experience in XBMC with 60/50 Hz.

- Kernel has HDMI-CEC support
    - Working Bluetooth and Wifi

- rom is rooted and should support init.d scripts.
    - Kernel supports a lot of file systems, like ISO, UDF, NTFS, FAT32, HFS, NFS...
    - modded launcher with Auto hide system bar option, performance settings, terminal and app background image
    - 2GB, 4GB, 6GB parameter files
    Apps i put inside:
    Very cool Total Commander file explorer, Reboot (thanks to Petrus), Terminal, YouTube, SuperSu and pureXbmc (mod of Flumpsters Beyond XBMC Beta 3.4, THANKS!).

Thanks to Radxa, Bob, d33, Flumpster, Wasser, Petrus, Lewy, phjanderson, MINIX and all the cool people at Freaktab.com!!Thanks to mo123 for the info about Radxa sources. Thanks to Christian Ghisler for Total Commander

pureXbmc V2.1 CX-919 1080p JB 4.2.2 Rom
    (Download link does not contain any kernel, please download kernel separately from links below)

Kernel V7 for CX919:

kernel_cx919_1080p_v7_walter77_cpu1608_ddr696_gpu6 00h_vsync.zip

Additional kernels V7 with different ram speeds and voltages:
    kernel_cx919_1080p_v7_walter77_vsync_cpu1608_gpu60 0h_ddr400-ddr696.zip

Use it at your own risk!

Last edited by walter77; 07-05-2014, 20:24. Reason: Uploaded Kernel V7 series.
    Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Flashing Instructions?

How is this to be flashed? I have KitKat installed now, no CWM. Any help will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanbli View Post
      How is this to be flashed? I have KitKat installed now, no CWM. Any help will be appreciated.
      There is a readme inside the download that describes how to install.
      It's the same way as with any Finless rom.

I never have installed kitkat on my CX-919 but it should be no problem to install JB coming from kitkat.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Originally posted by walter77 View Post
        There is a readme inside the download that describes how to install.
        It's the same way as with any Finless rom.

I never have installed kitkat on my CX-919 but it should be no problem to install JB coming from kitkat.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD
        Thanks! I'll try it and let you know!

Comment

Just installed the rom.. everything seems to work perfect and so far it seems to be the fastest rom I hve tried... thanks..

will do more testing today.

Comment

I never have installed kitkat on my CX-919 but it should be no problem to install JB coming from kitkat

It could be a problem coming back from kitkat to JB you might brick your box or stick. .. If you decide to go back to the Jellybean ROM ,first erase IDB from the ROM kit...then open the Jellybean and flash it...

I'm on kitkat right now, I'l flash your Rom this week and then I'll give my feedback soon..
            Last edited by el_easy; 07-02-2014, 17:57.
            -Chromecast with Google TV
            - Android Q Android 10

Comment

Thanks! I'll try it and let you know!
              Installed the ROM. No Problem moving from KitKat back to JB.
              ROM seems to run fine, but the WIFI is too slow to play a 720p movie. Direct Ethernet works fine, but the WIFI, not so much...

Any help would be appreciated, as I need to put this in a WIFI only location.

Comment

Installed the ROM. No Problem moving from KitKat back to JB.
                ROM seems to run fine, but the WIFI is too slow to play a 720p movie. Direct Ethernet works fine, but the WIFI, not so much...

Any help would be appreciated, as I need to put this in a WIFI only location.
                Strange! On my CX-919 i stream 8 GB 1008p MKV over wifi with UPNP inside xbmc with DTS passthrough. How big is the file, can you play it with another wifi connected device? Have you tested different files?

What cou speed does performance settings show? Is it a t-chip device?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DONATIONS

Comment

Strange! On my CX-919 i stream 8 GB 1008p MKV over wifi with UPNP inside xbmc with DTS passthrough. How big is the file, can you play it with another wifi connected device? Have you tested different files?

What cou speed does performance settings show? Is it a t-chip device?

It's Thor - The Dark World.MKV, 4.8gig. It's really a 1080p file playing on a 720p TV. The file is stored on an Ethernet connected NAS directly to the router. Yes, I can play it on my Mac Mini (WiFi) and on my HP Laptop via WiFi. Yes, I have tried several different movies, all stored on the same network device and all about the same size, none are watchable.

CPU is maxed out and not sure if it's a "T-chip" device.

I should be able to watch these via wifi, I could with the KitKat ROM. May have to go back to it.

Comment

It's Thor - The Dark World.MKV, 4.8gig. It's really a 1080p file playing on a 720p TV. The file is stored on an Ethernet connected NAS directly to the router. Yes, I can play it on my Mac Mini (WiFi) and on my HP Laptop via WiFi. Yes, I have tried several different movies, all stored on the same network device and all about the same size, none are watchable.

I should be able to watch these via wifi, I could with the KitKat ROM. May have to go back to it.
                    OK, this is my first rom for CX919 and i didn't have the time to test so much. So i need feedback.
                    If i understand you right, the files play smooth with ethernet but not with wifi?

If KitKat works for you you should switch back cause it's really fast with video playback.

DONATIONS

Comment

Please test new kernel for CX919:

kernel_cx919_1080p_v6_walter77_cpu1608_ddr696_gpu6 00h_vsync.zip

Just watched 130 Minutes 11 GB 1080p MKV over wifi. Nas is connected with smb inside xbmc. Movie played without any dropout or reboot at real 1080p 60 Hz screen resolution.

Added new resolutions. Kernel now supports:

1920x1080 at 60, 50, 30, 25, 24 Hz
                      1280x720 at 60, 50, 30, 25, 24 Hz
                      720x576 at 50 Hz
                      720x480 at 60 Hz
                      640x480 at 60 Hz

Kernel doubles the framerate at 24/25Hz if your Monitor supports.
                      24/25 will be displayed at 48/50. No sluggish mouse movement anymore at 24p!

Best viewing experience in XBMC with 60/50 Hz.

Kernel has HDMI-CEC support.

Please test and report if it works.

As always, use at your own risk.

DONATIONS

Comment

New Kernel V6 at first post!

First post updated with new kernel V6.

DONATIONS

Comment

Originally posted by el_easy View Post
                          It could be a problem coming back from kitkat to JB you might brick your box or stick. .. If you decide to go back to the Jellybean ROM ,first erase IDB from the ROM kit...then open the Jellybean and flash it...

I'm on kitkat right now, I'l flash your Rom this week and then I'll give my feedback soon..
                          Thanks for the info!

DONATIONS

Comment

New Kernel V7 at first post!

First post updated with new kernel V7. Kernel V6 had little vsync error.

DONATIONS

Comment

Hello walter77,

From curiousity I tried to use your firmware with my Measy u4a (flashed using 2gb parameter file) and everything works like a charm :-)

Device gets a little bit hot but works stable even after couple of hours...

I would also like to try your latest kernel (v7) but I am not able to download it (broken link or something).

Can you please re-upload it or fix download link?

Tnx in advance!

Regards,

Avaya

P.S. Splash screen/Boot animation looks really nice :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X