Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW!! pureXbmc V2.1 - New firmware now for CX-919!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walter77 View Post
    I'm not sure if it is kernel related or if you can replace some files at 4.2.2.

Walter77
    After doing some additional tinkering, I found that the Bluetooth in the Finless ROMs will pair fine with my keyboard and it is built on android 4.2.2. which leads me to believe it could be related kernel.

Comment

I have a stack of cx-919 RK3188 Flash: 8G, DDR 2G, Quad core sticks here and want to load them up.....

Which is the best recommended Flash Tool version to use? I have v1.35, v1.37, v1.6 and v1.7

Comment

Happy

Installed this rom after having problems with the device. Have to say that I am very happy with it. Nice and smooth, no problems playing and streaming with xbmc. Both were a problem in the past.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Dingelbert View Post
          Installed this rom after having problems with the device. Have to say that I am very happy with it. Nice and smooth, no problems playing and streaming with xbmc. Both were a problem in the past.

Thank you!
          Were you using a ethernet adapter or wifi?

Comment

Originally posted by peety View Post
            Were you using a ethernet adapter or wifi?
            Using wifi in both occasions.

Tried a ethernet adapter once and fried the router port. Have a new adapter that still need to try out. But first I needed a decent working stick .
            I like this rom so much I might buy another one for the bedroom.

Comment

Live Streaming?

Installed this Rom and V7 Kernel, and I must say that overall I am very pleased. Many of the features that I was looking for are available. The only thing I seem to have issues with is when I try to stream a live feed via Chrome or Dolphin Browser. We use this to stream a live news stream and hockey games, but there seems to be a lag between the video and the sound. Video slows dramatically but the sound continues for the most part, and video doesn't seem to be able to catch up. This is the one thing that did work on the stock rom a bit better. Any suggestions? Is it the wifi not buffering properly? Or do I need to find another browser that is more stable? Anyone have one that is?

Comment

Sources available?

@walter77, this is the best kernel I've tested so far. Congratulations and thank you!

I'm experiencing only some minor issues, as random kernel oops (maybe due to outdated patches) and a broken hidraw, which avoid the mapping of some Mele F10 keys (call, hang up, mute, smart assistant).

I'm willing to try to help with this. Do you have a git repo with the sources/config/patches used in your kernel?
                If you don't have a repository, do you mind to share the sources?

With kind regards

Comment

Well after a few days it stopped working altogether. The mouse function was extremely slow, and any video that was played either streaming or from attached USB drive wouldn't play normally. You could hear sound, but the video itself was frozen. So I guess I am looking for a more stable rom.

Comment

Originally posted by eramamma View Post
                    Well after a few days it stopped working altogether. The mouse function was extremely slow, and any video that was played either streaming or from attached USB drive wouldn't play normally. You could hear sound, but the video itself was frozen. So I guess I am looking for a more stable rom.
                    Just do a restart, sometimes it happens, but a restart will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Originally posted by ps3desb View Post
                      @walter77, this is the best kernel I've tested so far. Congratulations and thank you!

I'm experiencing only some minor issues, as random kernel oops (maybe due to outdated patches) and a broken hidraw, which avoid the mapping of some Mele F10 keys (call, hang up, mute, smart assistant).

I'm willing to try to help with this. Do you have a git repo with the sources/config/patches used in your kernel?
                      If you don't have a repository, do you mind to share the sources?

With kind regards
                      It's almost the radxa source with some minor changes. I can share my source cause i'm on a passive mini pc with windows 7 now.

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

It's almost the radxa source with some minor changes. I can share my source cause i'm on a passive mini pc with windows 7 now.
                        Yes, please consider this.. I'm sure the "minor" changes you made ​​are important to make it as good.

If we all always have to start from scratch, we will hardly advance. I think everyone will be grateful if you share your knowledge when you have some time.
                        We are all in the same boat, all trying to push the limits of these devices and make our hobby better.

With kind regards

Comment

Yes, please consider this.. I'm sure the "minor" changes you made ​​are important to make it as good.

If we all always have to start from scratch, we will hardly advance. I think everyone will be grateful if you share your knowledge when you have some time.
                          We are all in the same boat, all trying to push the limits of these devices and make our hobby better.

With kind regards
                          Yes, i know cause it took me quite a long time to get it working quite well...

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

DONATIONS

Comment

Well, nevermind. Just got it working fine using unmodded radxa sources and default marvin configs.
                            For my needs, it's solid as a rock: No kernel oops so far and hidraw working properly -> Full functional Mele F10 now!

Anyway, thank you for your efforts.

With kind regards

Comment

Well, nevermind. Just got it working fine using unmodded radxa sources and default marvin configs.
                              For my needs, it's solid as a rock: No kernel oops so far and hidraw working properly -> Full functional Mele F10 now!

Anyway, thank you for your efforts.

With kind regards
                              Perfect! So would be nice if you would like to share your kernel here.

All the best
                              Walter77

DONATIONS

Comment

Perfect! So would be nice if you would like to share your kernel here.
                                Sure! But as I told, it's just pure Radxa compiled with Marvin. The config was the following:
                                Code:
                                [COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]./marvin config cx919 1080p cpu1608h ddr600 gpu600h[/FONT][/COLOR]
                                As I'm focused in making my Mele F10 Pro work properly (I'm interested in a working hidraw), for now, not any other patch was applied.

My device is a MK809IV chinese ripoff, MK3188T and AP6210 WiFi. CX919/compatible firmwares works fine and your kernel was the best I've tested so far with it.

With the attached kernel, hidraw mapped my Mele F10 Pro to /dev/hidraw0. (may be different for other setups, check using dmesg). There you can scan every key press, including call, hang up, mute, smart assistant, mouse mode on/off, remote control mode on/off.

As I couldn't yet manage to map these keys using HID Profiles in keylayout (e.g., key usage 0x0c0001 KEYCODE_ENDCALL), as a workaround I've mapped these keys using a shell script. I'm planning to try to code a hidraw wrapper and send signal to keypress event, but it's just a plan for now.

The (quick n' dirty) shell script workaround is the following:
                                Code:
                                #!/system/bin/sh
                                while true; do
                                    keycode=$(hexdump -ve '1/1 "%.2x"' -n 6 '/dev/hidraw0')
                                    case "$keycode" in
                                        024903020000)
                                            # call -> play/pause
                                            input keyevent 85;
                                            ;;

024a03020000)
                                            # hangup -> stop
                                            input keyevent 86
                                            ;;

024803020000)
                                            # audio switch -> sound devices manager
                                            am start -n com.android.settings/.SoundDevicesManager
                                            ;;

024703020000)
                                            # remote mode
                                            # not mapped for any function yet -> suggestions?
                                            ;;

024b03020000)
                                            # smart assistant -> open web browser
                                            am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW 'http://www.google.com'
                                            ;;

024603020000)
                                            # mouse mode
                                            # not mapped for any function yet -> suggestions?
                                            ;;
                                    esac
                                done &
                                As I did it quickly, just to test (e.g., hidraw device is hardcoded, not soft detected), so it's far from any final version.
                                If the script works for you, you can save it to /etc/init.d/98mele and make it start at every boot.

Kernel and config generated by marvin follows attached.

With kind regards
                                Last edited by ps3desb; 10-13-2014, 00:33. Reason: Detected that kernel wasn't patched correctly. Will upload another version, if needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X