Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keylayout for 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad - Rii Mini i8, Hausbell mini H7, etc ---S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had the files copied into the right folder and it didn't work. do you have the rii mini i8 ? i think i could upload the file gave to me

Comment

Hi,

Can someone please upload a keylayout file for rii i8+ ?
      The files on the first post are no longer available.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Animor View Post
        Hi,

Can someone please upload a keylayout file for rii i8+ ?
        The files on the first post are no longer available.

Thanks!
        Please!

Comment

Originally posted by mrroshi23 View Post

Please!
          Please!!

Comment

Hello, ill try my best to look for the files in my old HDD tomorrow sat 31, otherwise you'll have to wait till Sunday. I hope they be in my hdd , they should be there but im not 100% sure.

Regards.

Enviado desde mi Moto X vía Tapatalk!

Comment

Please i need it too for i8+

Comment

Veronica Thanks for the great work on this tutorial Veronica, it was very useful. Do you remember how you mapped the "WIN" key? I can't seem to get the Scancode # using Keytest on Marshmallow (as it immediately goes to the stupid google voice listening garbage upon pressing.) The closest value that I could think to change was Key 580 "Voice_Assist." Changing this key to another function had no effect.

Originally posted by yanardag View Post
                Please i need it too for i8+
                I ended up creating my own keylayout file for the i8+ by modifying the generic.kl file on my Beelink Gt1 firmware. I'm not sure what box you have and the buttons may not all work with Tronsmart, but it couldn't hurt to try. Worst case scenario, you could just delete the file and create your own keylayout from whatever box or rom you're using.

Anyways, I made a couple key mapping changes to those in Veronica's original post. Here's the changed mappings on my file. As mentioned in the original post, it's very easy to edit the file and change the mappings back to whatever you want.

F9 Key changed to Sleep
                F10 Key change to Power off (works also to Wake up again, on my box anyways.)
                Play button to the top left of touch pad switched to APP Switch
                Home button goes back to home menu
                E button goes to menu

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dlq265...roduct_2433.kl

Good luck, hope it works out for ya.

Comment

Some lessons learned that might help.

Throw a few more cents of experience over the past few days. I had a TV Android box ...the little flat one with the antenna on the side. I was in the throws of realizing that I had to update KODI to 17.1...it would just not load. Research....oops...KODI needs a higher number and later install on the hardware. The old unit TV box was only 4.4 and would not up grade. So, purchased a new box...After much looking, decided on X96. (it was the only one that I found that would take a 64 gb SD card. Also, the new box is Droid 6.0.
                  Received the box...first thing was it was loaded with KODI Jarvis 16 so had to do a full new install on the system to KODI 17.1.
                  Then, I tediously used the remote to wave the cursor back and forth to type in new addons ...The remote works....the one with the X96.
                  But, after KODI was mostly installed, I decided to test the little key board similar to the white one shown above.. I had no real problem using it on the older unit... The new X96 is 2.4 g.... It has a dongle that is provided. and will talk to the remote provided.. But, it will not talk to the old keyboard. Bye the way...some of the boxes have a problem trying to plug the dongles in the USB ports. I had to use an adapter I had to be able to insert the connection all the way in to make contact.
                  Anyway...I had the old dongle that came with the keyboard, and tried it in the second USB port... no luck. But, some time ago, I had purchased a bluetooth dongle that had the words CBR 4.4 written on it. It was supposed to be a newer version of bluetooth. OK two dongles...one in each port... Oops....the key board started working...and the hand held provided control works too.
                  But, as some have noted...you have to learn some new key commands...and many do not match.

But, as noted in all the other posts...there is no key on the keyboard to shut of the X96. So, I have to pick up the hand control and just shut it off.

But, I get to use the key board now...and the typing is ok especially when trying to type in some long internet addresses.

I have two firesticks that needed up dating to KODI 17.1 will let you know some other interesting things when I receive the new dedicated keyboard for Fire Stick.

Mean while....guess we have to use the little hand held remote to shut off the TV box ( X96)

Comment

Hello, anybody having layout file for Rii i8X?
                    thnx

Comment

Originally posted by datcid View Post
                      Veronica Thanks for the great work on this tutorial Veronica, it was very useful. Do you remember how you mapped the "WIN" key? I can't seem to get the Scancode # using Keytest on Marshmallow (as it immediately goes to the stupid google voice listening garbage upon pressing.) The closest value that I could think to change was Key 580 "Voice_Assist." Changing this key to another function had no effect.

I ended up creating my own keylayout file for the i8+ by modifying the generic.kl file on my Beelink Gt1 firmware. I'm not sure what box you have and the buttons may not all work with Tronsmart, but it couldn't hurt to try. Worst case scenario, you could just delete the file and create your own keylayout from whatever box or rom you're using.

Anyways, I made a couple key mapping changes to those in Veronica's original post. Here's the changed mappings on my file. As mentioned in the original post, it's very easy to edit the file and change the mappings back to whatever you want.

F9 Key changed to Sleep
                      F10 Key change to Power off (works also to Wake up again, on my box anyways.)
                      Play button to the top left of touch pad switched to APP Switch
                      Home button goes back to home menu
                      E button goes to menu

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dlq265...roduct_2433.kl

Good luck, hope it works out for ya.
                      Have you find a way to power on the beelink gt1 box after we power off with F10 button...? F9 goes to Sleep mode ok and F10 Wake up the device perfect ti let you now

Comment

Working...
                      X