Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can I get, and how can I install, a custom recovery that will allow me to do nandroids?? currently running Shaun's 4.4.2 ROM, only problem is I have no PC right now. is there a way to get a recovery loaded onto this thing? thanks in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by cpshelley View Post
      where can I get, and how can I install, a custom recovery that will allow me to do nandroids?? currently running Shaun's 4.4.2 ROM, only problem is I have no PC right now. is there a way to get a recovery loaded onto this thing? thanks in advance!!
      Working on it as I type...

It's ALMOST ready for public release... maybe this weekend...

Patches to change the increase the /data size by decreasing the /sdcard size are also coming soon...

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

ill test anything you want for this tablet. now another question is my battery is seated properly and i still get a force reboot. hmm my thoughts are it overheating. what do you think

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
          ill test anything you want for this tablet. now another question is my battery is seated properly and i still get a force reboot. hmm my thoughts are it overheating. what do you think
          Possibly... does it feel hot when it shutsdown or reboots?
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

it does 100%. and even though i am a heavy user i do play games. but when i dont no force reboots

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
              it does 100%. and even though i am a heavy user i do play games. but when i dont no force reboots
              That's what it sounds like...

Every budget tablet I've ever tried to play any type of action game on has gotten almost too hot to hold before eventually shutting down from overheating...
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

well i also web browse too. so yeah. i still like this tablet a lot.

Comment

I look forward to the next version of your ROM. This tablet is the only Android device I own that I'm still having issues with being limited on the amount of apps I can install. I have 9.59GB of total storage on my Galaxy S4 running Cyanogenmod and I have 7.75GB total storage on my UGOOS UT3 running the HPH RK3288 v1.2 ROM. I'd love to have as much space as possible on my Nextbook. What parameter size options will you offer?

Comment

Re: ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
                    I look forward to the next version of your ROM. This tablet is the only Android device I own that I'm still having issues with being limited on the amount of apps I can install. I have 9.59GB of total storage on my Galaxy S4 running Cyanogenmod and I have 7.75GB total storage on my UGOOS UT3 running the HPH RK3288 v1.2 ROM. I'd love to have as much space as possible on my Nextbook. What parameter size options will you offer?
                    It looks like I will be releasing TWRP recovery and some parameter patches some time tonight...

Options will be:
                    Stock
                    2 gb data
                    4 gb data

internal sd card gets whatever is left over...

4gb is about as big as data can get without doing further modification to eliminate the internal sd entirely, or change to a data/media layout with the /data folder located on an sd card....

I may look into other options in the future... but I will be taking a break from this device to work on some other devices...

ShaunMT

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Re: ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                      It looks like I will be releasing TWRP recovery and some parameter patches some time tonight...

Options will be:
                      Stock
                      2 gb data
                      4 gb data

4gb is about as big as data can get without doing further modification to eliminate the internal sd entirely, or change to a data/media layout with the /data folder located on an sd card....

I may look into other options in the future... but I will be taking a break from this device to work on some other devices...

ShaunMT

Thanks, ShaunMT, for all your hard work on this ROM! Looking forward to the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post

Options will be:
                        Stock
                        2 gb data
                        4 gb data

ShaunMT

Thanks for everything! I can't wait to get 4GB for apps!

Comment

OK maybe someone else who has successfully installed oma's cwm can help.. I tried installing it with arctools following the instructions here, it says it installed correctly but trying to reboot into recovery just gets me a black screen and I have to power off the tablet and power it back on. tried downloading the recovery and flashing it myself thru terminal using flash_image the same results, a black screen. so as it is right now, I have no working recovery. and no backup since I haven't been able to install a custom recovery. everything else still works fine, so as long as I don't screw anything up I should be OK.. tablet boots normally, just can't get into recovery. any ideas or suggestions? I'm not sure why this isn't working for me when everyone else has had no problem installing with arctools...

Comment

use the same tools to reflash the recovery. make sure the recovery is named to the right recovery. like my setup was recovery (2) so you have to be case sensitive with it. only then will it stick. i learned that the hard way. also pit the recovery you want in the location of where the image is located

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean .. I tried the arctools method and also tried flash_image recovery recovery.img and neither worked

Comment

put the tablet in bootloader mode connect your tablet to your pc then use the tools to flash just the recovery

Comment

Working...
                                X