Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified ROM for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    Testing is done...

I'm working on the public release right now...

ShaunMT
    oh OK awesome! looking forward to it!

Comment

I have released TWRP for the Nextbook NX785QC8G

ShaunMT-s-TWRP-Recovery-For-The-Nextbook-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-(Download-Thread)

ShaunMT-s-TWRP-Recovery-For-The-Nextbook-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-(Support-Thread)
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Great! Thank you for everything. Are the parameter patches still coming tonight as well?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
          Great! Thank you for everything. Are the parameter patches still coming tonight as well?
          I was planning to release them tonight as well, but I've been sitting here thinking that I should package and release a TWRP flashable version of my ROM first, so that people have an easy way to reflash the ROM if something goes wrong with the patch install. For example, the backup and restore of the current system partition could fail if the user runs out of space on their external sd card during the patch install...

I think I'm going to call it a night, get some sleep and continue working on getting the rest of the files released tomorrow...

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Take your time to get it right. We appreciate all your hard work and skull sweat.

Comment

I was planning to release them tonight as well, but I've been sitting here thinking that I should package and release a TWRP flashable version of my ROM first, so that people have an easy way to reflash the ROM if something goes wrong with the patch install. For example, the backup and restore of the current system partition could fail if the user runs out of space on their external sd card during the patch install...

I think I'm going to call it a night, get some sleep and continue working on getting the rest of the files released tomorrow...

ShaunMT
              Makes sense. No worries, take your time.

Comment

Thanks so much for the hard work to make a budget tablet reach its full potential. Looking forward to the partition release!

Comment

shaun, how did you package/repackage the boot (kernel) image when you made modifications to it? there are some things i want to change in the init scripts.. i dumped the boot image using dd in terminal on the tablet, and i can unpack the boot image just fine, but every time i try to re-pack and flash it, the repacked image comes out to 10mb instead of the 12mb for the original image, and flashing it to the tablet gets me a bootloop. i've tried with 2 different packing/repacking tools with the same results... any info you can give me as to how you accomplished this??

Comment

Originally posted by cpshelley View Post
                    shaun, how did you package/repackage the boot (kernel) image when you made modifications to it? there are some things i want to change in the init scripts.. i dumped the boot image using dd in terminal on the tablet, and i can unpack the boot image just fine, but every time i try to re-pack and flash it, the repacked image comes out to 10mb instead of the 12mb for the original image, and flashing it to the tablet gets me a bootloop. i've tried with 2 different packing/repacking tools with the same results... any info you can give me as to how you accomplished this??
                    I use a unix program called imgrepackerrk.

An alternative, and probably easier method for testing your changes, would be to use init.d scripts.

I enabled init.d support in my ROM.

If you're not familiar, init.d support allows you to extend init.rc via scripts placed in the init.d folder which are automatically ran by init.rc during boot.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I use a unix program called imgrepackerrk.

An alternative, and probably easier method for testing your changes, would be to use init.d scripts.

I enabled init.d support in my ROM.

If you're not familiar, init.d support allows you to extend init.rc via scripts placed in the init.d folder which are automatically ran by init.rc during boot.

ShaunMT
                      ah OK so these are rockchip image formats? that might explain the issues.. I know I can use init.d but I'd rather just modify init.rc directly instead of scripting it.. is there a version of that image repacker for Windows?

Comment

Yes, this model is a rockchip device.

I dont know about any windows tools. I try to avoid using windows for android, especially when working with unix file systems like ext4 or ubifs that cant be mounted on windows. Copying the files to an ntfs file system on windows messes up the unix file permissions and symbolic links used by android.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

ShaunMT... Rocking your twrp on oma's ROM. Used arctool apk to install oma's cwm, then flashed your zip. Awesome! Can't wait for the updated ROM!! 👍👍

Comment

i prefer Shaun's ROM... I haven't tried oma's but Shaun's is closer to stock.

Comment

I prefer ShaunMT's Rom too, but i needed the space for the multiuser and apps. Seemed quicker.

Comment

How is the TWRP install version of your ROM going?

Comment

Working...
                                X