R89-Multimedia playback and XBMC feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldenrod View Post
    XBMC is blazing fast and responsive on the R89. I've encountered a few issues.
    1. One 1080p mkv has green flashes in it -- not sure yet if that's how the box responds when the wifi speed is on the edge or if it doesn't like something about the file.
    2. Known issue, but HDMI audio through a receiver doesn't currently work. Through spdif, DTS and Dolby get downmixed to stereo.
    3. Some repos get a "script error" when trying to load. Haven't yet tested this thoroughly, but some things work very well (much faster and smoother than S89) and others are not quite right.
    The green edges sound like old mkv files had no problem here and tested dozens of MKV from small files to full blurayFrom external hard drives and streaming.
    Script error is Gotam 1,2 and upwards error as some have not been not updated corectly yet.

Im using 13.1 still and XBMC is fast/slick updating has been easy to test with, streaming is exellent the sound issues are the same on all players beecause of HDMI and spidif issues also tested through 3.5 jack and sound is ok but stereo only.
    File playback in all areas is superb apart from some high bitrate 4k files which the stock players play more smoothly..but this is an issue with xbmc not the r89.
    Spotify works like a dream as does soundcloud.Streaming playback is great.
    The R89 really is a media king and proves RK3288 is the fastest thing out there...sought 4k/60 2.0 and HDMI/Spidif sound issues and you will really have a future ready box.
    Last edited by Talas; 08-31-2014, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by jlunse View Post
      Ok, I tested your issue a lot on my RK3288 device and it works fine. Soorry, cant help.
      I hope you solve it in some way.
      Thx, I thought it was RK related due to its working nicely on the X8-h. Must be something else. Someone else that confirm issue with Google Music?
      Beelink R89
      Pioneer SC-2022
      Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
      Minix X8-H
      Minix X5
      Logitech Revue

Comment

Originally posted by Talas View Post
        The green edges sound like old mkv files had no problem here and tested dozens of MKV from small files to full blurayFrom external hard drives and streaming.
        Script error is Gotam 1,2 and upwards error as some have not been not updated corectly yet.

Im using 13.1 still and XBMC is fast/slick updating has been easy to test with, streaming is exellent the sound issues are the same on all players beecause of HDMI and spidif issues also tested through 3.5 jack and sound is ok but stereo only.
        File playback in all areas is superb apart from some high bitrate 4k files which the stock players play more smoothly..but this is an issue with xbmc not the r89.
        Spotify works like a dream as does soundcloud.Streaming playback is great.
        The R89 really is a media king and proves RK3288 is the fastest thing out there...sought 4k/60 2.0 and HDMI/Spidif sound issues and you will really have a future ready box.
        The 13.1 xbmc cant HW decode H265 and 4k now, and the kodi can sw decode those videos..This is the next big thing we must face.
        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by sweup View Post
          Thx, I thought it was RK related due to its working nicely on the X8-h. Must be something else. Someone else that confirm issue with Google Music?
          Will follow this issue..Should you pay for Google Music?
          Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Re: R89-Multimedia playback and XBMC feedback here

Originally posted by oman View Post
            No u can use it with local files.. If you pay you get access to the whole library to stream but that shouldn't cause any more issues than local files

Comment

The 13.1 xbmc cant HW decode H265 and 4k now, and the kodi can sw decode those videos..This is the next big thing we must face.
              Be talking to a few of the developer team at XBMC/Kodi at IFA next weekend and have spoken to a few about R89/RK3288 but remember h.265 is still up in the air in regards to being a defacto 4K format for instance i hear WEB-DL will be produced later this year for downloads from apple etc and they will NOT be in h.265.
              At least we no now R89 has the power to play h.265/mp4(VP9) that is great news indeed.

Comment

Recieved my Beelink today so had only a few hours testing.

Cannot get proper 5.1 dolby, get sound from all speakers and reciever shows dolby but get sound only 0.1 sec every 1 second (with hdmi arc via tv). Tryed streaming Hd trailers xbmc app with stock xbmc.

It does however give me perfect 5.1 dolby through optical sdif connected directly to the reciever.

Ac3 transcode is enabled.

Some work still needs to be done to video smoothness in xbmc, there is a micropause every 2 seconds (mashup deamon88).
                Last edited by ssspacman; 09-02-2014, 21:46.

Comment

I'm using SPMC (http://spmc.semperpax.com/) a good and fast fork of the XBMC.

So far everything works fine but there is one thing that seems not to work or works very bad:
                  Using the Fusion or Mashup Services to install Addons seem very slow and even break at some point.

I thought at first that Fusion or Mashup having a problem but it works fine with a old K42 RK3188 Box i tested at the same time.

Loading the ZIPs manually it works fine too.

Comment

Gr8, "sync" is correct - local files should be no problem. As i wrote before X5 and X7 had the same problem so must be RK related
                    Beelink R89
                    Pioneer SC-2022
                    Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
                    Minix X8-H
                    Minix X5
                    Logitech Revue

Comment

The latest update solve the stuter that i have in all movies.

But, when i update xbmc, after every restart turn back the one preinstalled. It us possible to update xbmc?
                      I try uninstalling oman's xbmc...but when i restart is allways there.

Comment

Originally posted by Catadarius View Post

But, when i update xbmc, after every restart turn back the one preinstalled. It us possible to update xbmc?
                        that could be some problem..

Comment

Originally posted by Catadarius View Post

I had the same problem, using esfile explore I found the XBMC app and deleted it. I can't remember the exact location of that apk. I tried looking for the location, but since I had already deleted it, I could not find the location again.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                            I had the same problem, using esfile explore I found the XBMC app and deleted it. I can't remember the exact location of that apk. I tried looking for the location, but since I had already deleted it, I could not find the location again.
                            /system/usr
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                              /system/usr
                              Thanks, I am suffering from CRS (can't remember shit).
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi Oman, Can you recommend a tool or application or method that could read back and display what the connected HDMI device is reporting?

Comment

Working...
                                X