No announcement yet.

R89-Multimedia playback and XBMC feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone can try this app http://www.time4popcorn.eu/, is an app to stream torrents.

Comment

XBMC.apk

hey boys and girls try this xbmc.apk its the one from ugoos ut3 http://www.mediafire.com/download/y7...rk3288-265.apk

and this is the skype app that worked for me none of the r89 F/W let me sign into skype https://www.mediafire.com/?kz0i8dro5f2e2et
      Last edited by ademturk; 10-02-2014, 17:11.

Comment

Originally posted by ademturk View Post
        hey boys and girls try this xbmc.apk its the one from ugoos ut3 https://www.mediafire.com/?kz0i8dro5f2e2et

and this is the skype app that worked for me none of the r89 F/W let me sign into skype https://www.mediafire.com/?kz0i8dro5f2e2et

What is special about that XBMC? All the XBMC versions I have tried work well, except can't passthrough Dolby Digital and DTS.

Also, Skype works on my R89, what problems did you have with your Skype?
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Xbmc link leads to skype download!
          Last edited by ssspacman; 10-02-2014, 15:52.

Comment

hey boys and girls try this xbmc.apk its the one from ugoos ut3 https://www.mediafire.com/?kz0i8dro5f2e2et

Tried this XBMC mod a few days ago and for most usage, it's just not that good.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

xbmc

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
              What is special about that XBMC? All the XBMC versions I have tried work well, except can't passthrough Dolby Digital and DTS.

Also, Skype works on my R89, what problems did you have with your Skype?

well 107k4 and 108k4 f/w i had problems playing video with xbmc every 10 seconds or so the video would freez for a second also with with mx player and on both f/w's i could not sign in to skype on the 108k4 f/w both the video playback and mouse would freez every 10 seconds or so

Comment

sorry dude

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
                Xbmc link leads to skype download!

really sorry dude i just changed it

Comment

xbmc

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                  Tried this XBMC mod a few days ago and for most usage, it's just not that good.

i actually copied this one right out of the ugoos ut3 and it actually works really good with video play back from my nas device although i have not tested a verity of videos

Comment

really sorry dude i just changed it

I could not find the passthrough settings in that version. Kodi and Spmc is smother.
                    Last edited by ssspacman; 10-02-2014, 19:05.

Comment

It's the 13.0 Alpha 12 with h.265 hardware acceleration by rockchip...
                      => my experience:
                      Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      I'm a little bit irritated because SPMC plays it also, but not really nice (the 1080p, not sure if I also tested the 4K because I tested so much files today...)

but the funny thing is, that SPMC plays the 1080p much better than the "forbidden" Chinese version
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Tried both Gotham 13.2 and Kodi. If I select Spdif surround sound gets to the AV receiver even without passthrough selected. Selecting passthrough provides a fuller sound but the video would jump every 2 seconds. Tried a few XBMC settings but no luck so far.

Update. It is when the transcoding option is enabled with passthrough that the video would jump every 2 seconds. Disabling the transcoding solved the problem but does not provide as full a sound.

Edit: Correction to the above. The settings on my AV receiver was changed without me noticing it. After resetting it to "straight" there is no surround sound to the AV receiver without passthrough selected.
                        Last edited by 4WheelSpyder; 10-05-2014, 22:38.

Comment

Just tried SPMC to see if the choppy video when audio transcoding is enabled would be better. When transcoding is selected in SPMC all that comes through is the digital noise (like playing digital sound over an analogue system). The choppy video is almost as if some video processing time is "hijacked" to perform the transcoding.

Comment

Had some spare cycles this PM to do some comparisons between the Tronsmart Vega running Finless 1.9 Rom and the U-box R89 109k4 with the HDMI patch, both running Kodi 14.0.

In none of my tests did the Vega create the choppy video that the U-Box did. Enabling the passthrough on the Vega without enabling transcoding would result in surround sound for all but AAC 5.1 audio. This aligns with the tests on the U-Box running the stock video player and is probably a limitation of the RX-V671. Enabling the transcoding on the Vega would create surround sound for all 5.1 audio formats I could throw at it, while providing a smooth video. I therefore believe there is potentially problem with the U-Box passthrough/ HDMI video sharing of resources.

Comment

well 107k4 and 108k4 f/w i had problems playing video with xbmc every 10 seconds or so the video would freez for a second also with with mx player and on both f/w's i could not sign in to skype on the 108k4 f/w both the video playback and mouse would freez every 10 seconds or so
                              I am having similar problem, except mine is running 109k4 firmware. Movie would stutters when playing 1080p high bitrate videos, no problem with 720p movies though. Movies that having stutterness are about 13-15M bitbrate. Stutter has improved when compared to 108k4 but it still exists. Tested both Plex and XBMC, same result. I get about 500Mbps through gigabit wired so network speed shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X