Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R: R89-Multimedia playback and XBMC feedback here

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    Rockchip already made a new XBMC based on Kodi with perfect 1080p playback and 23-25 fps 4K video playback. Most manufacturers will receive it next next. There are some that already started testing it on 11/10/14. Remember it's XBMC developers that have to improve XBMC playback, most still don't have RK3288 devices and it's not a high priority. 1080p on RK3188 devices only became really stable with the latest SPMC a few months ago.

There is also the external player solution for XBMC where you can make rules for eg.
    only videos over 1080p resolution gets played with the build-in Rockchip video player or
    only videos with 4K or 2160 in their file name get played with external player.
    All other videos still get played with XBMC video player.
    Look it up on the XBMC wiki pages, might be a short term solution for 4K.
    Sure man.
    I have no interest in xbmc. Android itself is the best videoplayer with much more solutions than xbmc. I do not understand lol this interest in xbmc

Comment

duuude

Originally posted by gaetanolip View Post
      Sure man.
      I have no interest in xbmc. Android itself is the best videoplayer with much more solutions than xbmc. I do not understand lol this interest in xbmc

i use to think like you too but then i found out what xbmc really is. its not just a video player there is a worl of content in there with its addon like mashup and navix and istream and loads more. dude you dont know what your missing out on.

Comment

yes if you have the Ethernet option that's great. like some people have their routers right next to the tv but most people are not that lucky and some are not as dumb as me drilling holes in the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by ademturk View Post
          i use to think like you too but then i found out what xbmc really is. its not just a video player there is a worl of content in there with its addon like mashup and navix and istream and loads more. dude you dont know what your missing out on.
          Mate
          I know xbmc addons. But I know android with all his apps and power.. Way more better than xbmc. So stop complaining about xbmc and stop saying these box do not work well because xbmc do not work well. Xbmc is only an APP. should be separate threads to talk about xbmc. It is an app it is not the Android system itself..

Comment

Whattt

Mate
            I know xbmc addons. But I know android with all his apps and power.. Way more better than xbmc. So stop complaining about xbmc and stop saying these box do not work well because xbmc do not work well. Xbmc is only an APP. should be separate threads to talk about xbmc. It is an app it is not the Android system itself..
            i am not complaining about xbmc i rather like it but i have not found one app that does everything that xbmc does you may need to install like 10 apps on android thats if you look for them and find them also xbmc does work with these boxes i know i have about 8 of them what were doing here is finding all the bugs and trying to fix them . also xbmc is not just an app you can get it on ios android windows osx and all linux distros it is the most popular and most used media center its not just a nother app.

Comment

i am not complaining about xbmc i rather like it but i have not found one app that does everything that xbmc does you may need to install like 10 apps on android thats if you look for them and find them also xbmc does work with these boxes i know i have about 8 of them what were doing here is finding all the bugs and trying to fix them . also xbmc is not just an app you can get it on ios android windows osx and all linux distros it is the most popular and most used media center its not just a nother app.
              Is xbmc an apk? Do you have to install in a os? Yes. Ok then xbmc is an app.
              All I want to say is that many users think that these boxes are xbmc(enter). It is not. They are android system.
              Everyone is free to like and to use the any app and so xbmc, I agree.
              But should be separate thread.

Comment

????

Is xbmc an apk? Do you have to install in a os? Yes. Ok then xbmc is an app.
                All I want to say is that many users think that these boxes are xbmc(enter). It is not. They are android system.
                Everyone is free to like and to use the any app and so xbmc, I agree.
                But should be separate thread.

my friend do you know what thread you are in. do you know what we are doing here we are trying to sort out the bugs in this box we are not here to talk about xbmc itself we are here to talk about how we can run xbmc and other apps 100% on this device. by the way do you have the r89 and how much experience do you have with android tv boxes. this thread is not about comparing apps its about all of us working together to get this box up and running.

Comment

my friend do you know what thread you are in. do you know what we are doing here we are trying to sort out the bugs in this box we are not here to talk about xbmc itself we are here to talk about how we can run xbmc and other apps 100% on this device. by the way do you have the r89 and how much experience do you have with android tv boxes. this thread is not about comparing apps its about all of us working together to get this box up and running.
                  +1

Comment

m5 r89

My beelink r89 play 1080p and 4k videos excellent. The only problem is the Dts and True Hd sound with xbmc. Mx player works superb... all type of sound formats are working over spdif...

I tried also 42gb iso bluray 7.1 of matrix. Its working fantastic

I have different findings :

*** Scenes look very dark while watching movies. I tried mx player and Xbmc. When i compare with my other media players it looks dark.

*** Also Brightness setting (mx player) is not working. Its not possible to adjust brightness level.
                    Last edited by racerant; 10-14-2014, 04:21.

Comment

2014-10-11 update:

xbmc-rk3288-14a.apk base xbmc 14.0a helix and haradware decoder with 4k h.265 4k h.264
                      ================================================== =====
                      This app support h.265 4k 10bit,hardware decoder with MP4 /MOV/MKV video format

now, We can't support h.265 decode by hardware with flv / ts format, because of xbmc's parse not supporting HEVC

so, waiting for new app verison, we will keep update and optimization

Download Here: xbmc-rk3288-14a
                      Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                        2014-10-11 update:

xbmc-rk3288-14a.apk base xbmc 14.0a helix and haradware decoder with 4k h.265 4k h.264

now, We can't support h.265 decode by hardware with flv / ts format, because of xbmc's parse not supporting HEVC

cant play blu-ray well , have problem with all this is not good

Comment

Originally posted by stb2xxx View Post
                          cant play blu-ray well , have problem with all this is not good
                          Disable Libstagefright and enable Mediacodec in XBMC/Settings/Hardware Acceleration.
                          Already told Rockchip how to improve this version more, so it's works better.
                          Hopefully the version after this will be very stable.

720/1080p videos play very well with Libstagefright only enabled.
                          SD/720/1080/4K videos play very well with only Mediacodec enabled.
                          Last edited by mo123; 10-14-2014, 07:34.

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                            2014-10-11 update:

Transcoding gives me 5.1 dolby sound 0.1 seconds every second. Normal passthrough gives only stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                              Disable Libstagefright and enable Mediacodec in XBMC/Settings/Hardware Acceleration.
                              Already told Rockchip how to improve this version more, so it's works better.
                              Hopefully the version after this will be very stable.

720/1080p videos play very well with Libstagefright only enabled.
                              SD/720/1080/4K videos play very well with only Mediacodec enabled.
                              That improved playback smoothness alot.

Comment

Hi Oman,

Is thre any chance to fix this dark video playback issue. It looks very dark when i compare with my sigma devices. Is there any change to increase brightness level ?

Comment

Working...
                                X