X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R89-Multimedia playback and XBMC feedback here

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Because

I understand you wrote about audio out of sync at xbmc and this can you fix with the 'Audio offset'
    The audio not synced because the video is slowness but after i changed the acceleration to be by software it became smoth and synced

Comment

I just flashed Wasser 2.0.2 to my new r89 2/16gb.

I can't get wasser kodi to start, once it get past the first start screen saying it's setting up, it goes to a blank black screen then close to desktop after a few seconds.

Tried to play video with mx player, and got the sound to finally play, but in 2 channel. Some other format won't play sound at all.

My receiver is able to take most known format, so my guess is the R89 sending only 2.0 sound. (Sony STR-DA6400ES) I connected the R89 directly to the amp by HDMI.

Reading directly on lan (I just realized my old N wifi isn't enough to feed movie on this box, so I'm going cat6 hardwire atm while I fix everything then I'll change my router for a decend AC one)

What am I doing wrong ?

Should I tried to reflash Wasser even if it seems to be ok?

Try finless?

Stock was working better atm, so I'll take any suggestions.

Thanks!

I just installed SPMC and it does the same thing as kodi : Install, show a first load screen, goes blank 15-20 sec, shows normal load screen 2 sec and then close to desktop. Any further attempt to load it shows the load screen 2 sec before closing with no error warning.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        If you are using such an old ROM, you are going to have issues.
        110k4 is the latest ROM.
        I had just received the R-89 last week with PCB v3 & 110K4... firmware from factory, and on this newest ROM still the micro-stutter probs are present; it´s very noticeable when the normal Android launcher is used instead of the Beelink one and Live wallpaper is choosen, the animation on wallpaper suffer of micro-freeze (micro-stutter); some Kodi playback probs being not possible to fast forward or rewind; so the most recent Beelink FW had not arrived to the optimal point yet; plus the problems of AV port not working at all on NTSC TV system and USB--> "Connect to PC" selected/checked by default making that the OTG port can not be used as a normal USB port on normal TV Box operation, makes neccesary the update to 111K4... soon from Beelink.

Comment

Half ready garbage

Unfortunately i bought this Beelink R89 2/16 Gb garbage. After a month i droped out, beacuse this this garbage cant play any multichannel video with DD/DTS sound without problems. This garbage can play low quality divx video with PCM stereo sound only. If you have a home cinema system, with multichannel receiver dont buy this cheap garbage.
          This box has several mistakes. Micro freezes, micro-stutters, Kodi incompatibility. etc.
          This is a half ready garbage without software support.
          The most first important feature, to play multichannel movies does not work.
          I use my 5 years old WD TV Hd player again to play movies.
          This is shame.
          DONT BUY THIS GARBAGE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Loutra2015 View Post
            Unfortunately i bought this Beelink R89 2/16 Gb garbage. After a month i droped out, beacuse this this garbage cant play any multichannel video with DD/DTS sound without problems. This garbage can play low quality divx video with PCM stereo sound only. If you have a home cinema system, with multichannel receiver dont buy this cheap garbage.
            This box has several mistakes. Micro freezes, micro-stutters, Kodi incompatibility. etc.
            This is a half ready garbage without software support.
            The most first important feature, to play multichannel movies does not work.
            I use my 5 years old WD TV Hd player again to play movies.
            This is shame.
            DONT BUY THIS GARBAGE!!!!
            Easy man,here is changelog ,111k4 will be coming out soon :

Audio xbmc support : 1. add the judgment for null pointer when hardware write
            2. optimize logic when xbmc open the audio output stream
            ---
            hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.cpp | 9 ++-------
            hardware/alsa_sound/AudioStreamOutALSA.cpp | 16 +++++++++-------
            hardware/alsa_sound/alsa_default.cpp | 15 +++++++--------
            3 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)
            Audio : add the support for XBMC passthrough---
            frameworks/av/media/libmedia/AudioTrack.cpp | 7 +++++
            hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.cpp | 41 ++++++++++++++++++++-----
            hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h | 1 +
            hardware/alsa_sound/AudioStreamOutALSA.cpp | 44 ++++++++++++++++++++-------
            hardware/alsa_sound/alsa_default.cpp | 19 +++++-------
            system/core/init/property_service.c | 9 +++++-
            6 files changed, 90 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)
            Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

hope it comes soon

Originally posted by oman View Post
              Easy man,here is changelog ,111k4 will be coming out soon :
              i need a good working firmware b4 i make my review hope this one is good

Comment

Well I wish kodi will work with 111k4.

But at least, they are trying to fix what's wrong. Bwtter then some other out there 😊

Comment

agree

Originally posted by Laethageal View Post
                  Well I wish kodi will work with 111k4.

But at least, they are trying to fix what's wrong. Bwtter then some other out there 😊

i agree with you i use to think minix was a good brand thinking they had a big team of employees working on F/W issues but then i saw a review made by cnx on the minix 8-h and i was shocked i think beelink will be a better manufacturer then minix and others because they are more involved.

Comment

Originally posted by ademturk View Post
                    i agree with you i use to think minix was a good brand thinking they had a big team of employees working on F/W issues but then i saw a review made by cnx on the minix 8-h and i was shocked i think beelink will be a better manufacturer then minix and others because they are more involved.
                    +1 but beelink drop suporrt for amlogic s802 devices I hope they don't do that , and I really hope they don't change hardwere like they did with round m8.S82 tronsmart s89, geinatech make lollipop for mygica ATV quad box i hope beelink can make that support ?

Comment

So I updated to firmware 111K and now in the stock Kodi there is no choice for the number of channels (though it does give me the choice to upmix).

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just not detecting my receiver properly? The choice was present in 110K

Comment

Originally posted by Tarwin View Post
                        So I updated to firmware 111K and now in the stock Kodi there is no choice for the number of channels (though it does give me the choice to upmix).

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just not detecting my receiver properly? The choice was present in 110K
                        I have always left that setting at 2 channels and still got 5.1

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
                          I have always left that setting at 2 channels and still got 5.1
                          Yes, but I am curious as to whether it is not showing up because of some change in Kodi or if the box is not communicating properly with my receiver (in which case I might not be getting proper 5.1 surround sound.

Comment

R89-Multimedia playback and XBMC feedback here

I also noticed there is no option to change the screen format to stretch 16:9 etc when in playback.
                            These are normally present in normal kodi version.

I also have no option for speaker quantity setup eg. 5.1 but I still get pass through Dts and Dolby digital fine so no biggy there.

I guess there are options missing from modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jakemate View Post
                              I also noticed there is no option to change the screen format to stretch 16:9 etc when in playback.
                              These are normally present in normal kodi version.

I also have no option for speaker quantity setup eg. 5.1 but I still get pass through Dts and Dolby digital fine so no biggy there.

I guess there are options missing from modification.

For hiding irrelevant video&audio settings.
                              Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

R89-Multimedia playback and XBMC feedback here

I do play some 4:3 content but I can't change to 16:9 now because it's missing from the video settings during playback.
                                I would not say it's irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                                X