R89-Multimedia playback and XBMC feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    XBMC/Kodi developers are getting RK3288 devices next week and then will probably improve video playback even more.
    This is very good news. Hopefully that will include looking into the stuttering video while audio transcoding.

Comment

I agree, maby threy can solve the XBMC/KODI passthrough problem as HDMI passthrough works with other players.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
        How would you compare media playback to older CPU/GPU from RockChip e.i. RK3188 with MALI 400 in 1080p? ... I know for a fact that on the older hardware smooth playback isn't possible till now regardless of more than one year developer efforts. ...
        hmmm, it's not completely true, because the older (first generation devices like I have) have not so much problems (play a lot of stuff smooth as butter) as the newer devices

... Just make sure you get a quality RK3288 with fast EMMC & RAM chips, it can make a huge difference.
        I read this often, but can't really recognise it at the different devices I had test at the past (e.g. different s802 devices)?
        Maybe you talk about the bad newer rk3188T devices with fake RAM size and so on...?
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          hmmm, it's not completely true, because the older (first generation devices like I have) have not so much problems (play a lot of stuff smooth as butter) as the newer devices

I read this often, but can't really recognise it at the different devices I had test at the past (e.g. different s802 devices)?
          Maybe you talk about the bad newer rk3188T devices with fake RAM size and so on...?
          No, it has to do with load times, stability.
          With AMLogic S802 and RK3288 devices.
          Some companies are selling cheap S802 & RK3288 devices with low quality EMMC & RAM that cause boot times to be 60s - 3 minutes, also reading high bitrate movies cause slowdowns and freezing.
          With quality EMMC & RAM chips, boot times shouldn't be more than 20 seconds on RK3288 devices.
          A company that is guilty of this is ENY Technologies, they have very long boot times and instability in the hardware they use and no support, just be aware. You basically get what you pay for, cheaper isn't always better.

Comment

No, it has to do with load times, stability.
            With AMLogic S802 and RK3288 devices.
            Some companies are selling cheap S802 & RK3288 devices with low quality EMMC & RAM that cause boot times to be 60s - 3 minutes, also reading high bitrate movies cause slowdowns and freezing.
            With quality EMMC & RAM chips, boot times shouldn't be more than 20 seconds on RK3288 devices.
            A company that is guilty of this is ENY Technologies, they have very long boot times and instability in the hardware they use and no support, just be aware. You basically get what you pay for, cheaper isn't always better.
            Thanks for sharing this insight mo123.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              update_R89_110k4109_1016 use the
              XBMC 14.0 ALPHA4 Git:2014-10-11-1d88850 (Compiled: Oct 10 2014)

I have to ask, because I didn't try it jet, but is it this one or not?
              Yes,the same.

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
              Downloaded this update and installed it on R89 using Oman's new DriverAssistant v4.1.1 and FactoryTool v1.35

Google contacts and calendar now sync with Google account.
              Input now defaults to onscreen keyboard.
              Settings for brightness, contrast, ect. are now available in settings.
              Dolby Digital and DTS work from within local apps via HDMI. XBMC still does not passthrough Dolby or DTS via HDMI.
              Netflix seems to load faster, quality is still DVD quality.

firmware almost perfect
              We cant improve the Netflix quality, the point is not in our side but in Netflix,they limit it depending on the brand.
              Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                We cant improve the Netflix quality, the point is not in our side but in Netflix,they limit it depending on the brand.
                Just to verify, does it not matter what you have set as your preference on the Netflix website (IE: 1080), you will only get 480p? To elucidate, I have had to adjust my playback quality from 1080 to 480 if I am using a slow connection. Because of this, anytime I use Netflix, I only get 480p (until I change it back to 1080 in my preferences on their website).
                Tablet History:
                Pipo M8 Pro (current)
                NextBook W8.1 (sold)
                Asus TF300 (sold)
                Hyundai A7 (sold)
                Nextbook 7" (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Tybalt39 View Post
                  Just to verify, does it not matter what you have set as your preference on the Netflix website (IE: 1080), you will only get 480p? To elucidate, I have had to adjust my playback quality from 1080 to 480 if I am using a slow connection. Because of this, anytime I use Netflix, I only get 480p (until I change it back to 1080 in my preferences on their website).
                  It is only certain devices on android that Netflix would stream a higher resolution to (eg the Nexus 10). My Netflix account is set for max resolution and my Blu ray player would start at 480p and then build up to 1080. The R89 gets struck at 480.

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                    Yes,the same.

Is the same true for the surround sound?

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
                      Is the same true for the surround sound?
                      Yes, no surround sound from Netflix on these boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenrod View Post
                        Yes, no surround sound from Netflix on these boxes.
                        One would wonder what Netflix's problem is with providing these boxes with the full capability.

Comment

XBMC with Dolby passthrough

Oman, any word about getting Dolby passthrough from XBMC using HDMI?
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

10-bit H.264 decode?

Did anyone tried 10 bit H.264 (AVC) 1080p playback? Which player app reproduce it without artefacts?
                            RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                            Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                            bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                              Did anyone tried 10 bit H.264 (AVC) 1080p playback? Which player app reproduce it without artefacts?
                              i tried (perfect_blue_BDRip.x264.hi10-001.mkv) via 110K

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                                Oman, any word about getting Dolby passthrough from XBMC using HDMI?
                                yes please, we need that!

Comment

Working...
                                X