FYI.

update_R89_110k4109_1016:

Link:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDGiFCl

Password:vekn

We are testing this now...

downloading now thanks oman

Comment

update_R89_110k4109_1016 use the
      XBMC 14.0 ALPHA4 Git:2014-10-11-1d88850 (Compiled: Oct 10 2014)

I have to ask, because I didn't try it jet, but is it this one or not?
      Originally posted by oman View Post
      2014-10-11 update:

xbmc-rk3288-14a.apk base xbmc 14.0a helix and haradware decoder with 4k h.265 4k h.264
      ================================================== =====
      This app support h.265 4k 10bit,hardware decoder with MP4 /MOV/MKV video format

now, We can't support h.265 decode by hardware with flv / ts format, because of xbmc's parse not supporting HEVC

so, waiting for new app verison, we will keep update and optimization

Download Here: xbmc-rk3288-14a
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Anyone know what's meaning of Setting->Display->Movie Mode?
        This is a setting that is present in the Tronsmart ROM.

Whatever it is supposed to do, my experience has been that whether open or close, nothing seems different.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

FYI.
          update_R89_110k4109_1016

Can anyone put that on a faster mirror? I get a download time of 2 days when trying to download from oman's link

Comment

100k on google drive

Comment

Originally posted by almirus View Post
              This link is no good. the file size is only 305KB.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju Å¡to čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

done

Comment

FYI.

update_R89_110k4109_1016:

Link:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDGiFCl

Password:vekn

We are testing this now...
                  Downloaded this update and installed it on R89 using Oman's new DriverAssistant v4.1.1 and FactoryTool v1.35

Google contacts and calendar now sync with Google account.
                  Input now defaults to onscreen keyboard.
                  Settings for brightness, contrast, ect. are now available in settings.
                  Dolby Digital and DTS work from within local apps via HDMI. XBMC still does not passthrough Dolby or DTS via HDMI.
                  Netflix seems to load faster, quality is still DVD quality.

firmware almost perfect
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by almirus View Post
                    Downloading fine thank you

I will load rom on and let you know if passthrough works on my marantz amp and any other points i pick up with the rom.

Comment

Will test the new software and update tool next week when I get home.

Comment

Finless has posted mirror.

Comment

Installed 110k4109. Kodi that came with it plays the 50 and 60fps test videos MUCH smoother. Audio passthrough with transcoding enabled still a problem. A step in the right direction!

Netflix still DVD quality.

Comment

biadu manager

Originally posted by Arbelzapf View Post
                            Can anyone put that on a faster mirror? I get a download time of 2 days when trying to download from oman's link

i was getting more then 2MB/s on using the baidu download manager

Comment

RK3188 vs RK3288

How would you compare media playback to older CPU/GPU from RockChip e.i. RK3188 with MALI 400 in 1080p? I don't much care about 4K.

I know for a fact that on the older hardware smooth playback isn't possible till now regardless of more than one year developer efforts. And I mean most of this forum. KUDOS. Micro stuttering is quite obvious especially in panning scenes and objects doesn't smoothly move from time to time. Because of this issue I wasn't planning to buy anything with SoC from that firm but RK3288 with at the moment strongest GPU on the market is quite tempting.
                              RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                              Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                              bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                                How would you compare media playback to older CPU/GPU from RockChip e.i. RK3188 with MALI 400 in 1080p? I don't much care about 4K.

I know for a fact that on the older hardware smooth playback isn't possible till now regardless of more than one year developer efforts. And I mean most of this forum. KUDOS. Micro stuttering is quite obvious especially in panning scenes and objects doesn't smoothly move from time to time. Because of this issue I wasn't planning to buy anything with SoC from that firm but RK3288 with at the moment strongest GPU on the market is quite tempting.
                                SD/720p/1080p/4K all play very smooth with stock & MXPlayer.
                                Even with XBMC, 1080p & 4K play very smooth.
                                1080p resolution is as smooth as 480p on RK3188 devices.
                                XBMC/Kodi developers are getting RK3288 devices next week and then will probably improve video playback even more.
                                Just make sure you get a quality RK3288 with fast EMMC & RAM chips, it can make a huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X