No announcement yet.

TWRP 2.7.1.0 Custom Recovery - Compatible with R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, might have point it to the wrong partitions. I will double check.

Tapatalked
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Just checked uboot is indeed 4mb but resource img is 16mb on my system

Comment

Originally posted by Smokez View Post
        Just checked uboot is indeed 4mb but resource img is 16mb on my system
        So, if I flash the updated TWRP, I may be able to get back into android?? I get to TWRP on my tv screen and can see all the android files, but just won't load into Android.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Possibly, won't hurt to try but you might be better off waiting untill abduls fixed the partitions, not that you could do anymore damage.

What you really need is a flashable zip of the stock ROM, you could stick that on an sdcard or usb stick, mount it in TWRP and flash it...

I'm am in the process of learning how to do this, have managed to make an update.zip that's flashable in TWRP from my Stock ROM dump, it only contains the boot.img and system.img but from what I've read that's all you need, you are welcome to try it, if you want I'll upload for you, again I have no idea if it will work, this is where I need Bob to chime in @Finless

Comment

Possibly, won't hurt to try but you might be better off waiting untill abduls fixed the partitions, not that you could do anymore damage.

What you really need is a flashable zip of the stock ROM, you could stick that on an sdcard or usb stick, mount it in TWRP and flash it...

I'm am in the process of learning how to do this, have managed to make an update.zip that's flashable in TWRP from my Stock ROM dump, it only contains the boot.img and system.img but from what I've read that's all you need, you are welcome to try it, if you want I'll upload for you, again I have no idea if it will work, this is where I need Bob to chime in @Finless
            I have been at a standstill, waiting for UPS to deliver my card reader. Long story, but could not find my reader, so had to order one. When I get that reader then I can use my micro SD card to play around with and maybe this this box up and running agin.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Re: TWRP 2.7.1.0 Custom Recovery - Compatible with R89

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
              I have been at a standstill, waiting for UPS to deliver my card reader. Long story, but could not find my reader, so had to order one. When I get that reader then I can use my micro SD card to play around with and maybe this this box up and running agin.
              For your laptop/PC I'm guessing, do you have a usb thumb drive?

Comment

Yes, go ahead and upload it, I will give it a shot.
                thanks

Comment

I have a thumb drive, and tried that. It would not recognize it. It appears that it only sees external sd.

Comment

I even tried to mount the thumb drive with your TWRP, but that was a no go also.

Comment

Re: TWRP 2.7.1.0 Custom Recovery - Compatible with R89

I even tried to mount the thumb drive with your TWRP, but that was a no go also.
                      As far as I know thumb drive would need to be formatted to fat32 then in TWRP you would have to go to mount and then usb-otg... Sounds like you've already tried that though

EDIT : have just tried the above and can confirm I cannot for some reason mount a usb drive . Hmmmm - without a way of transferring the update.zip to an external SD you won't be able to do it, do you have a phone with removable SD?! Lol

Comment

heres a link to the update.zip which i have no idea whatsoever if it will work, if not then i am fresh out of ideas and you will need to wait until someone can make a proper flashable zip from the stock rom that oman posted.

Comment

heres a link to the update.zip which i have no idea whatsoever if it will work, if not then i am fresh out of ideas and you will need to wait until someone can make a proper flashable zip from the stock rom that oman posted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdxbuck6hu...pdate.zip?dl=0
                          Downloading your zip file now. Finally received my card reader. Formatted my micro sd card with fat32, installed updated twrp. Waiting for your zip to complete downloading, and will give it a shot.

Comment

Downloading your zip file now. Finally received my card reader. Formatted my micro sd card with fat32, installed updated twrp. Waiting for your zip to complete downloading, and will give it a shot.
                            I meant installed udated twrp onto my mico sd card. For some reason, twrp not seeing the external sd card.

Comment

Hmmm... Is your external SD mounted? Can you browse external SD in the twrp file browser under advanced tab? Silly question but the SD Card is inserted directly into the R89s micro SD slot right and not via the card reader?

Comment

Hmmm... Is your external SD mounted? Can you browse external SD in the twrp file browser under advanced tab? Silly question but the SD Card is inserted directly into the R89s micro SD slot right and not via the card reader?
                                This is where I am now, In file manager under exter_sd I can see the TWRP_Beelink_R89.img, which is Oman's img file he uploaded.
                                I also see update_R89_107K4106.img.
                                but I don't see your zip file I loaded onto it. I am going to remove the sd card and verify what is on the sd card, perhaps I did not add the correct files.

Comment

Working...
                                X