TWRP 2.7.1.0 Custom Recovery - Compatible with R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gffmac View Post
    Should this be flashed with flashify? Tried twice and tried to reboot to recovery it just reboots the rom.
    Try to flash with AndroidTool v2.3 to recovery partition.
    TWRP doesn't work correctly on RK3288, doesn't see all the partitions.

Comment

TWRP 2.8.4.0 for RK3288

There is a new TWRP version from firmware guru "Oma" available at the Arctablet News Board:
      [RK3288 ROM] TWRP/CWM Flash-Tool custom root firmware (2015/01/17) TWRP 2.8.4.0
      As you can read, it is tested and installation confirmed (CWM, TWRP 1920x1080) on a Tronsmart R28. So it should run on Beelink/Ubox R89 also.

Comment

Originally posted by uli-hh View Post
        There is a new TWRP version from firmware guru "Oma" available at the Arctablet News Board:
        [RK3288 ROM] TWRP/CWM Flash-Tool custom root firmware (2015/01/17) TWRP 2.8.4.0
        As you can read, it is tested and installation confirmed (CWM, TWRP 1920x1080) on a Tronsmart R28. So it should run on Beelink/Ubox R89 also.
        I can confirm it DOES work with Beelink R89.

Comment

Has someone managed to install CWM recovery on Beelink R89? TWRP is working, but it has bug. I can not mount USB HDD and save backup on it. Also, otg port is not working. You have to stick air mouse -mini keyboard on ordinary USB port to work. When i tried to flash CWM, i got message that install suceeded, but the i can not boot into CWM recovery. I have tried via Wasser-s reboot menu, and with Pietrus Reboot apk. In both cases, box restarts himself and i get nothing on my tv. Box is not booting android or recovery. Then i have to plug it out and again switch it on to boot Wasser rom. Is there a way to boot into CWM recovery?

Comment

CWM Problem on Beelink R89

I think you should post your problem also at the Arctablet News thread.

Comment

Originally posted by gsavicic View Post
              Has someone managed to install CWM recovery on Beelink R89? TWRP is working, but it has bug. I can not mount USB HDD and save backup on it. Also, otg port is not working.
              AFAIK, there are no CWM recovery for Beelink R89, only TWRP, at least that I know of. Next, USB-HDD and USB-OTG - they are not working "by design", one of the developers explained this before. Just take it as it's impossible to use USB, external_sd only, at least for Wasser, which has unified memory architecture.

Comment

not working

Hi,

I tried installing TWRP since you confirmed it is working on a R89. I have an app installed which boots into recovery. The default recovery before was working (but a little off-screen).

I have tried flashing TWRP in two different resolutions and CWM. All I get is a blank screen

Any ideas?

Cheers,
                Ropo

Comment

Originally posted by ropo View Post
                  Hi,

I tried installing TWRP since you confirmed it is working on a R89. I have an app installed which boots into recovery. The default recovery before was working (but a little off-screen).

I have tried flashing TWRP in two different resolutions and CWM. All I get is a blank screen

Any ideas?

Cheers,
                  Ropo
                  Good day.

No idea why it would work for you, but I know for sure it's working. Did you read instructions well?
                  Try this - https://yadi.sk/d/zbW-smiJe6XHV : it's my repack for our TV box, I removed unneeded files, made it more obvious and deflated with 7zip SFX. VirusTotal's stats for certain individuals.

Installation process:

1. Make you have USB debugging enabled before continue
                  2. Download archive and unpack wherever you see fit
                  3. Get into RK3288_TWRP_1080p folder, launch AndroidTool.exe, permit Administration rights; you should see "Found One ADB Device" status
                  4. You have nothing to do with location, just press Switch button, status should change to "Found One LOADER Device"
                  5. Press "Run", process will finish fast and TV box will reboot
                  6. After reboot go to recovery with any tool you like (Wasser has "Reboot to recovery" option in his firmware, Finless ROM has app called Reboot, it doesn't really matter what you would use)
                  7. TWRP should load for your satisfaction

You can see pictures here - http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry37377946

Comment

No, same result with your latest package. It flashes, because my stock recovery is gone. Then when I boot to recovery either by app or using a toothpick it hangs

Comment

No, same result with your latest package. It flashes, because my stock recovery is gone. Then when I boot to recovery either by app or using a toothpick it hangs
                      I can only that lots of people from that forum thanked me for this repack, so recovery is clearly working. Did you try to re-flash firmware (with latest Wasser, for example) to test it out? I would advise you to do it, maybe your current firmware somehow flawed? Just an idea.

Comment

I have first tried with stock firmware version 110k. Then, after Oma gave the great advice in the arctablet forum to also flash the misc.img partition all my apps were gone. Thanks, Oma.

So I took the chance to upgrade to 111k. Same result here.

I notice a difference in the bootloaders RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.15.02_off vs RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.15.02. Do I need to update the bootloader?

Comment

I have first tried with stock firmware version 110k. Then, after Oma gave the great advice in the arctablet forum to also flash the misc.img partition all my apps were gone. Thanks, Oma.

So I took the chance to upgrade to 111k. Same result here.

I notice a difference in the bootloaders RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.15.02_off vs RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.15.02. Do I need to update the bootloader?
                          No, you don't: just in case I've updated bootloader to RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.17.02 (15->17), but checkbox stays unchecked and status windows (one to the right) doesn't say anything about bootloader download, only recovery.

And about firmwares, seriosly, since you've already lost your apps, flash latest Wasser: it has no known disadvantages over stock 111k and this recovery works fine with it.

Comment

I flashed wasser now. First impressions: Does not fit on screen. large fonts or DPI?
                            Then I try to install TWRP -> "No Found any devices"

After flashing, when rebooting Windows installed drives a recognized a "Nexus 10". Now It shows two folders under "Nexus 10", but I cannot use AndroidTool. Tried re-installing drivers and setting checkbox "connect to PC"

Help!

Comment

I have enabled debug mode. Removed the Nexus from the device manager. Now it is showing MTP USB Device. I switch it on with the toothpick in AV and I see a device in loading mode. Now I flash TWRP. It reboots and "Nexus 10" is back in "Portable Devices". I want my adb mode back! I boot wasser, then into recovery. TWRP is working. Some pixels cut off on top of screen but working. Yeah! Creating a backup. 1GB. Should have bought a faster sd card. I swithed off the checkbox in "Connect to PC". Still no adb mode. How do I get this back?

Edit: Found it: developer options - usb debugging

Comment

I have enabled debug mode. Removed the Nexus from the device manager. Now it is showing MTP USB Device. I switch it on with the toothpick in AV and I see a device in loading mode. Now I flash TWRP. It reboots and "Nexus 10" is back in "Portable Devices". I want my adb mode back! I boot wasser, then into recovery. TWRP is working. Some pixels cut off on top of screen but working. Yeah! Creating a backup. 1GB. Should have bought a faster sd card. I swithed off the checkbox in "Connect to PC". Still no adb mode. How do I get this back?

Edit: Found it: developer options - usb debugging
                                Alot of ROM developers are spoofing famous brands in order to increase compatibility with Google Play, Nexus devices are 100% compatible, so there is that.

Comment

Working...
                                X