Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 6 August 2014

Here's a lightly reworked ROM based on Cube's U65GT V1.8 firmware of 3 Sept 2014, yet another update from cube versioned 1.8

ROM Download update from 3 September

So what do you get?
    • UK English by default
    • Root
    • Removal of Chinese apps
    • init.d support with busybox integration
    • libMali.so fix as found by dmc0306
    • option of CWM recovery built with rua1's MTK Droid Root Tool, if you want stock recovery I've included this too (look for 'orig')
    • auto install feature:- if you create an autoinstall folder on your sdcard containing any default apks they will install on first boot. I tend to be sparing in this just loading my preferred file browser, terminal emulator and titanium backup.
    • adjusted EBR files for increased space for apps. Default is 4Gb with options of 6Gb and the stock 2Gb. Please ensure to chose a matched pair of EBR files.

I've included instructions within the download for flashing both the full ROM (required if you are changing from Cube's earlier firmware) or flashing just logo, boot and system (ANDROID). Hope this is of some use.

I strongly recommend that before flashing you backup anything important and either factory reset from a stock ROM or if you have a custom recovery boot into recovery and clear/format cache and data

Brian

CWM zip for 6 Gig apps space

PS Lepi pointed out to me that its easy to boot into recovery as follows. First power off the U65GT, it vibrates when shut down completes. Press and hold power for about a second then press and hold vol+ until a menu displays (its small in white). Scroll through the menu options with vol+ and select with vol-

Lepi's brightness patch can be found in this post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post217270.

I've noticed while preparing a post on modifying MTK ROMs that I've broken the init.d functionality. I'll sort a patch for this to be flashed from cwm for those that need it.
    Last edited by 900supersport; 10-05-2014, 06:59.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Very good job, thanx !!!
    Cube U65GT Talk9X 32go
    Brian's rom and Lepi's white TWRP
    ************************************************** *****************************************

Comment

Hello, I have a question: Currently I use the firmware V 1.8 of 6 August 2014 by 900Supersport with 6 Gig apps space. If i now update the current Version from 900Supersport, it is sufficient to select BOOTIMG and ANDROID in the SP_Flash_Tool?

regards

Comment

Yes bootimg and android is enough. If you flash logo as well you will get my branded images at switch on.
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Thanks

What is new in this current version?

Comment

Hi, where do I place the Lepis's patch file to select it from the recovery CMW..??

How do I rename it..??

Comment

Cube seem to be inscrutable on that ;-)

So far it seems to work just like the prior version.
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Re: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by vitocol890 View Post
                Hi, where do I place the Lepis's patch file to select it from the recovery CMW..??

How do I rename it..??
                Put the zip in the root of the sdcard.
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Chrome fix?

Does this ROM include the Chrome fix?

Comment

LibMali.so

Originally posted by Moses2000 View Post
                    Does this ROM include the Chrome fix?
                    Yup....

Comment

how backup IMEI

I dont know how can i backup IMEI. Because i dont have root access. So i dont know how root cube tablet. VOL - + POWER i have chinese recovery menu

Comment

root _ backup imei

Originally posted by czmirage View Post
                        I dont know how can i backup IMEI. Because i dont have root access. So i dont know how root cube tablet. VOL - + POWER i have chinese recovery menu
                        1. You can flash last Brian's image - it is prerooted, then install Mobile uncle tools, option to backup IMEI is there;
                        2. You can root your Chinese stock image, then install Mobile uncle tools, backup imei, etc.

For Root I like to use Root genius.

One of the popular firmware website serving 100% Free Stock Firmware for almost 340 Brands in the World.

Comment

While its advisable to have a backup of the imei I've never lost it through flashing if I just use the download option from spflashtool.
                          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by valerima View Post
                            1. You can flash last Brian's image - it is prerooted, then install Mobile uncle tools, option to backup IMEI is there;
                            2. You can root your Chinese stock image, then install Mobile uncle tools, backup imei, etc.

For Root I like to use Root genius.

http://androidxda.com/download-root-genius
                            as far as I know root genius (from Windows) doesn't work, and kinguser is known to have some malware inside...
                            if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                            https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                              While its advisable to have a backup of the imei I've never lost it through flashing if I just use the download option from spflashtool.
                              I flashed, and imei donĀ“t lost. Thank You

Comment

Working...
                              X