No announcement yet.

MK903V ROM OPTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Works well on my 16gb ap6335 unit..5ghz wifi at 433mbps is ok, no bluetooth.

It's been a while since I last paid any attention to the MK903V; I'm now putting together what I've found to be the smoothest Lollipop rom for that device. I'm using the resource.img from the rom I flagged above, but everything else is from somewhere else. It has zero audio and video stutter. I won't link it publicly when it's ready because the last time I posted one of my hybrids some Russian bandit hijacked it and I found it under his name on 4minipc.ru...Send me a private message for a link.

Comment

Hello.

I have 8GB unit with stock 4.4.2. A few days ago stick stopped working.
      After starting I've seen 4 penguins on the left side on the top of the screen and then
      "ANDROID" text, after it black screen, then 4 penguins etc.
      I tried to upgrade firmware to last one (5.1). After upgrating I can see 4 penguins, then
      "GOOGLE TV", then 4 penguins etc. It's like stick repeat restarting.

What could I do to repair it?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, nick2009,
        First try a different poweradaptor
        As most of the times...its a power issue ( not enough amps to boot unit )

Cheers

Comment

Currently testing Zahir's ROM (on 16GB MK903V) .. all looking very well. Root is a checkbox in the rom. Updating via OpenGapps works and so does flashing SuperSU files (in case you rather do that). Some findings:

- Google Play Store crashed when I used my Mele Remote. Updating Play Store via OpenGapps fixes it (there is another workaround too)
          - Keyboard entry with the Mele remote is very smooth. No double chars etc.
          - I cannot find an Xposed that works (contrary to the original kitkat Rom)
          - I cannot access this device via VNC. DroidVNCServer won't start and the VNC Server within Servers Ultimate starts but nevertheless is not accessible.

Still trying ;-)

Comment

Hi, mitchell4you.

Thanks a lot. It was power issue
            It's very strange, that about a half a year stick worked without poweradaptor.

Comment

I tried Zahir's latest firmware for MK903V 16 gb, works like a charm. It has google play services pre installed, 5.1.1 based rom. No stutter which is reaaly important for me as I watch movies a lot with my tv stick. Thanks Zahir for your efforts.

Comment

daniello9, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by theenlil View Post
                  I tried Zahir's latest firmware for MK903V 16 gb, works like a charm. It has google play services pre installed, 5.1.1 based rom. No stutter which is reaaly important for me as I watch movies a lot with my tv stick. Thanks Zahir for your efforts.
                  Thanks for the feedback theenlil - glad the rom is working well for you. I'm still on it, seems to check most of the boxes better than any other I've assembled or found.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                    Works well on my 16gb ap6335 unit..5ghz wifi at 433mbps is ok, no bluetooth.

It's been a while since I last paid any attention to the MK903V; I'm now putting together what I've found to be the smoothest Lollipop rom for that device. I'm using the resource.img from the rom I flagged above, but everything else is from somewhere else. It has zero audio and video stutter. I won't link it publicly when it's ready because the last time I posted one of my hybrids some Russian bandit hijacked it and I found it under his name on 4minipc.ru...Send me a private message for a link.
                    Dear Zahir!

Has your mixed rom spdif passtrough, i'd like to switch to lollipop, i've tried the stock rom but unlikely spdif pt is not working, on none of kodi and many forks.
                    On kitkat, i had ugoos stage 3 which had working spdif pt.
                    Thank You for your good work!

Comment

rruzsi, frankly, I haven't tried spdif as I don't use a decoder for audio. With the right kodi build, it may well work since the rom is pretty complete and the kernel is among the latest. Its main strength is its general stability and stutter-free video. You're welcome to try it and discover its capabilities yourself. Message me and I'll send you a link.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                        rruzsi, frankly, I haven't tried spdif as I don't use a decoder for audio. With the right kodi build, it may well work since the rom is pretty complete and the kernel is among the latest. Its main strength is its general stability and stutter-free video. You're welcome to try it and discover its capabilities yourself. Message me and I'll send you a link.
                        I flashed it, but unfortunatelly it has no wifi
                        The model is 2/8G as i know AP6330 chip? Do i need another .img from stock firmware?

Comment

The rom is for the 16gb ap6335 version. I'll post a link to a different resource.img for the ap 6330 in your unit. Flash JUST that over the rom you've installed, and you should be good to go.

Comment

Here you go: download and unrar this file. Flash it (on its own) over the rom you installed, Reboot. You should have wifi.

https://mega.nz/#!Nd4kHSBC!2mbVNrnUf...0KTIoVPSsIaZUY

NOTE: This is a resource image, not a system one.

Comment

So far so good using Zahir's rom. Haven't noticed any hiccups yet while using spotify, whereas before it would frequently studder, especially when switching apps. Have to try and root it now for my needs and should be all set. Thanks for the help Zahir!

Comment

Root is built-in. Look for a switch (checkbox) in Settings (under 'Accessibility' or some such tab). Rom should hold up under most conditions, hopefully stutter-free.

Comment

Working...
                                X