Working HDMI passthrough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working HDMI passthrough.

After a bit of tinkering and reading lots of freaktab posts I've managed to get hdmi passthrough working on my ubox r89 16gb.

I am using the latest beelink rom 110k4109

Both dolby digital and DTS are working, I'm using a marantz receiver.

Download and overwrite libmedia.so which is in /system/lib , I used esfileexplorer and set settings to enable root access. You can get the hacked libmedia.so from here;

Next download a custom xbmc that takes advantage of the libmedia.so hack. I used this Kodi release which you can get here;

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

In android settings/sound/sound devices manager ensure it is set to HDMI Bitstream.

In xbmc set the audio output to 2.0 (setting to 5.1 causes lag on sd streams)

Enable passthrough checked.

Enable dolby digital transcoding is checked.

I restarted the whole system just to make sure, many thanks to Wasser for the hacked libmedia.so for kitkat and also Karel for the Kodi release to take advantage of libmedia.so.

Hopefully it will also work for you, if so maybe the changes in libmedia and also the modded xbmc could be merged with current software?
    Last edited by Jakemate; 10-22-2014, 17:18.

Originally posted by Jakemate View Post
    After a bit of tinkering and reading lots of freaktab posts I've managed to get hdmi passthrough working on my ubox r89 16gb.

I am using the latest beelink rom 110k4109

Both dolby digital and DTS are working, I'm using a marantz receiver.

Download and overwrite libmedia.so which is in /system/lib , I used esfileexplorer and set settings to enable root access. You can get the hacked libmedia.so from here;

Next download a custom xbmc that takes advantage of the libmedia.so hack. I used this Kodi release which you can get here;

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

In android settings/sound/sound devices manager ensure it is set to HDMI Bitstream.

In xbmc set the audio output to 2.0 (setting to 5.1 causes lag on sd streams)

Enable passthrough checked.

Enable dolby digital transcoding is checked.

I restarted the whole system just to make sure, many thanks to Wasser for the hacked libmedia.so for kitkat and also Karel for the Kodi release to take advantage of libmedia.so.

Hopefully it will also work for you, if so maybe the changes in libmedia and also the modded xbmc could be merged with current software?
    Works great.
    Thanks
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Tells me the website is down where the modded Kodi can be downloaded from.

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
        Tells me the website is down where the modded Kodi can be downloaded from.
        Just replace the lib media.so and try it with whatever XBMC version you normally use.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          Just replace the lib media.so and try it with whatever XBMC version you normally use.
          With this lib media.so SPMC and Kodi both crash. They both have Dolby however. Let me know if you have the same problem.

Comment

can someone please tell me the exact folder to put the lib file into ?
            I have seen the above, but the full path is not mentioned.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
              can someone please tell me the exact folder to put the lib file into ?
              I have seen the above, but the full path is not mentioned.
              Thanks.
              He did say. System folder, then lib folder

Comment

He did say. System folder, then lib folder
                Go to device, then system folder, then Lib folder.

Comment

So wasser fixed this problem?
                  Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Yes as I mentioned Wasser did the libmedia.so hack but the original jellybean hack was created by stafstrom.

I did the libmedia.so hack on my old cx921 ages ago. Its well documented but its a dirty hack according to xbmc but hey it works ; )

Wheres my test box Oman lol

Comment

I will have a look at the crashing, Clarkss could you tell me at what point does xbmc crash or is it random?

I played a tv show last night with no issues.

Comment

With this lib media.so SPMC and Kodi both crash. They both have Dolby however. Let me know if you have the same problem.
                        In the past it was the same story, you MUST use a modded XBMC which works with the patched libmedia.so ...
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Yes I always thought the same. A modded xbmc to pair with the patched libmedia.so, thats probably why mine doesnt crash. There are many versions of xbmc that have been modded already t take advantage of libmedia.so just doing a google search will give you plenty.

Comment

Tried it with the latest Kodi nightly. Does not crash but although the passthrough works, the video still has the jump every couple of seconds. I only tested it the short helicopter dogfight video that oman provided which is maybe why I dont see the crash?.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakemate View Post
                              Yes I always thought the same. A modded xbmc to pair with the patched libmedia.so, thats probably why mine doesnt crash. There are many versions of xbmc that have been modded already t take advantage of libmedia.so just doing a google search will give you plenty.
                              I am a bit carefull with downloading software from any site. (Got a Google warning last night when I tried to download one.....)

Comment

Working...
                              X